New CD Projekt RED logo!

+
For those who didn't notice.

I love these kinds of easter eggs. I guess this logo was in the works for a while.

The new logo is a combination of energy and passion for game-making the studio is known for. This is how Adam Badowski, CD Projekt RED’s Head of Studio, sees the change:

We are rebels and rebels are free. Just like birds. The Northern Cardinal is what we see ourselves in the industry: intrepid, bold and confident; flying high and aiming even higher. The colour, cardinal RED, is something that connects it with another bird, a mythological creature close to our cultural roots and heritage--the Raróg, a small firebird believed to bring luck to people. RED stands for energy, the inner fire that drives us; it represents something very close to everyone here in the studio--the creativity and passion we harness from within ourselves to make the best RPGs in the world.

Well I like the idea, and Adam's description is great, more of this kind of thing please as it's too rare an occurrence- it's good to get an indication that mythology to you guys isn't just something you fill games with - but IMHO the application is quite poor. Its design is rather common, and looks more like a Puffin with a bad hair day than a Saker Falcon. Bird logos are ubiquitous on the 'net already, and evoke the rubbish that is twitter.

Not an original concept for a game company either:

View attachment 3399

Attachments

• Telecomsoft-firebird-software-fair-use-220px.png
    Telecomsoft-firebird-software-fair-use-220px.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 103
looks more like a Puffin with a bad hair day

To me it looks like a bird with an exploding head, kind of like when hit by a bullet. Just look at all this high velocity blood sputter... :) I would call this new logo design "Blast from the Past".

I apologize if I offended any bird lovers here.

No Title

Hello,

I have been playing the Gwent beta for the last three days and I loved what you did with the logo at the opening scene. It went 3D with some crazy details added to the head and the wings. Brilliant.

Having said that, I may be a stickler here, but my eye keeps getting hooked on a detail every time I am opening the game. The far side of the bird's beak looks like there is a protrusion starting right from the side of it. I think maybe a little touch up like this might help?

What do you think?

Cheers!

Attachments

• photo96660.jpg
    photo96660.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 3,248
Top Bottom