New Computer - can't register

+
New Computer - can't register

I got a new computer. yay. Copied over my Witcher directory. Double-clicked on the icon on the desktop that I had also copied over, expecting it to start right up. Nope. Nothing. Double click on Launcher.exe. Nothing.Sigh.Fine, so I reinstall. Dig around and find patch 1.4. Says I need to register before it can be applied. Ok, sure. But the registration program fails. Error is:You have to be logged in to use this feature. Please enable cookies in Internet Explorer.Done, done, and done. No change.Please help.

Balasarius said:
I got a new computer. yay. Copied over my Witcher directory. Double-clicked on the icon on the desktop that I had also copied over, expecting it to start right up. Nope. Nothing. Double click on Launcher.exe. Nothing.Sigh.Fine, so I reinstall. Dig around and find patch 1.4. Says I need to register before it can be applied. Ok, sure. But the registration program fails. Error is:You have to be logged in to use this feature. Please enable cookies in Internet Explorer.Done, done, and done. No change.Please help.
Verify that you are also logged in on this page too. Look at top of the right column.

Yeah, New computers can really be a mixed blessing. I just recently got a new computer as well ( Gateway FX6800-01e). It is running Vista Home Premium 64 bit with a Core i7 920 Processor. Anyway, I have both the Original release as well as the The Enhanced Version. Neither will install. I get a Data error when installing the Enhanced Version ( cyclic redundancy check). With the Original, it does fine until you get to the 1.4 patch which updates it to the Enhanced Version. That is one convoluted screwed up mess trying to deal with that and it never works. Anyway, I noticed that at some point my DirectX has been upgraded from DX10 to DX11. Guess that put the screws to trying to install The Witcher on here. I have another Desktop with XP MCE and DX9c. I have the Enhanced Version installed on that one so no problem. I do have another game installed on here that is doing fine and the installation went without a hitch ( Tiger Woods PGA Tour '06 ). The Witcher is a fantastic game in my opinion, but has always been problematic on installation. Don't really blame the developers though, as there are a lot of different computer configurations which makes things a bit difficult. Now with AMD and Intel, you have new classes of processors and a DX upgrade. Hard to keep an app up to date with all that going on.

Maybe your time is not synchronized. A prob that appears sometimes.Perhaps this might help http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2585.msg5375966#msg5375966

Top Bottom