New Cyberpunk RPG on Kickstarter - Reborn

+
New Cyberpunk RPG on Kickstarter - Reborn

link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1713834306/reborn

characters look too FinalFantasy/Anime/Japanese but ill give it a looksy.

Edit: how can such an ambitious game for PS4 work with just 200k dollars? am i right to be worried? I mean a big block buster rpg would cost 20+ million and 200+ people working on it for at least 3 years...

But she seeks one final tool - the power to create and destroy life itself - the Tear of Heaven. Once used to seal away the Tengu Demon Sōjōbō, Rena Nakano is in search for the ancient pearl in hopes that upon freeing Sōjōbō, he will grant her immortality as a reward.

"Tear of Heaven", power to create life, demons, immortality? Yeah, this isn't cyberpunk. Just because there's technology involved doesn't mean it's automatically that. Sounds more like your typical Japanese Final Fantasy -style technofantasy to me.

That second picture looks like it's straight out of Blade Runner to me.

That's because it is straight ouf of Blade Runner. :cool:

[video=youtube;L-qLglKXme8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-qLglKXme8[/video]

(Around 0:59)

No idea how it's related to this anime Final Fantasy game though.

That's because it is straight ouf of Blade Runner. :cool:

[video=youtube;L-qLglKXme8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-qLglKXme8[/video]

(Around 0:59)

No idea how it's related to this anime Final Fantasy game though.

I was pretty damn sure it was, even though it's been an age since I've sat down and watched Blade Runner. Now we just have to work out it's connection to the game.

i put it there to show their inspiration for the japanese girl in kimono on the left.

You mean the Geisha? I very much doubt that they were influenced by Blade Runner in this particular choice. Probably more by the fact that the game is based on Japanese culture. I also imagine that the characters look like they are done in an Anime style because half the dev team are Japanese as well as the game being based on a Cyberpunk/Samurai philosophy.

It also sounds much more like transhumanism than cyberpunk anyway. I'm not very impressed.

Oh noes..looks like a Japanese publisher will actually have to be in touch with the developer. WILL IT HAPPEN? No, it won't. Japanese publishers have proven time and again how disconnected they are from the product they sell. They have no fucking idea what they are doing, which is why they will continue to stay in the Japanese market.

Oh noes..looks like a Japanese publisher will actually have to be in touch with the developer. WILL IT HAPPEN? No, it won't. Japanese publishers have proven time and again how disconnected they are from the product they sell. They have no fucking idea what they are doing, which is why they will continue to stay in the Japanese market.

I'm not sure if that's entirely fair... There are plenty of Japanese published games that are popular here (like CAPCOM, off the top of my head so forgive me if I'm wrong), and plenty of successful western games that don't catch on well In japan (Skyrim).

capcom's only good IP is the Dead Rising series and those games are made by a western developer, the only japanese developer that can compete with the west is kojima and his games have a bunch of offputting japanese bullshit in them.

other than Souls games and armored core pvp, and some artsy games

wish i could play okami and gravity rush, too bad i can only play DS 2

Top Bottom