new DLC broke my saves?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
new DLC broke my saves?

I have played on steam for 86 hours without a single crash until today. Ever since I have downloaded the new DLC my game cannot load past a cinematic load screen. I can get through the first one, which actually loads the save file but anyone after that (i.e. dieing or switching to a continent) crashes to desktop. All my save files are effected. This has ruined my experience with a game i love more than any other. Please help cdprojektred!!!!

Same thing has happened to me. Crashes to desktop without any error during load screens (when Dandelion is summarizing the main quest).

As a temporary fix, disable/uninstall the two bits of DLC (Skellige armour and quest) and it should work fine. You might have to revert to an older save file though.

Same issue

Since last two 2 DLCs impossible (Skellige) to load a new game on PC (GOG). After cinematic just loads indefinitely.

Finally found a fix: reinstalled DLC Elite Crossbow and everything started working again.

Last edited:
Same issues here. Almost two playthroughs and 0 CTDs until today. It appears to be random on my end whether it crashes or not, and always crashes during the narration section of the loading screen. Started happening after I installed the 2 latest DLCs.

I should mention as well that fast travelling within an area (Skellige) seems to work fine. Fast travelling to Velen (or loading an earlier save in Velen) crashed. Loaded the game up again and was able to load the Velen save. I was able to load my original playthrough 1.02 save from the end of the game with no issue.
I'm on the final quests of the game (Battle Preparations series) on 1.05.

Same thing has happened for me. Crash free since launch until I loaded the last 2 DLC's. Now every save I load will end in a CTD after 2-5 mins of play.

I have the same issue. Since I installed the last two DLC, the game load a first time and after that every action that need a new loading make the game crash (changing zone, loading a save, etc...).

Not a word! This seems like a big deal to me too, even if it isn't effecting everybody. I love this game but at 86 hours into one run-through I can't imagine starting over and am just abandoning the game until they atleast comment on this.

---------- Updated at 09:28 PM ----------

So I was finally able to find a workaround for this. I disabled and unistalled the new DLC's and reverted to the save just prior to me installing them and everything seems to be working fine. The only other thing I did was enable debugging mode but I can't imagine that changed anything.

Same thing here, CTD when trying to fast travel from Skellige after the new DLC Skellige's Most Wanted-contract. The Skellige Armor DLC seems to work fine. When uninstalling the DLC and reverting back to a save from some day ago (when I hadn't the DLC installed) everything works fine. I wonder if this is a similar problem they had before with the vampire-contract that later got fixed in a patch? Then you could fix it yourself by finishing the quest. Has anyone tried to finish the DLC-contract as soon as they have installed it and tried to fast travel from Skellige after? I would prefer to leave it installed and not having to uninstall it and go back some hours in my playthrough. :(

Has anyone tried to finish the DLC-contract as soon as they have installed it and tried to fast travel from Skellige after?
I had one crash (when loading a save in Skellige after a death) before the contract was complete, and multiple ones after. Always right before the narration screen disappears and it shows the loading progress bar. Always at the same exact spot.

OK. Seems I will have to wait and leave this DLC uninstalled until we hear something from CD Project RED. A shame as I hear it was one of the better DLC's. :(

Hmmm...

Curious. I just downloaded the new Skellige DLCs to test this out. (Yes, that's right -- I've had zero issues with CTDs, so far, and I purposely opened Pandora's Box to see if it would happen to me. [I'm a sucker for troubleshooting!])

Oddly enough, no issues. I just reinstalled the game about a week ago on my shiny new PC and started a new campaign. I've cleared White Orchard and am at the stage in Vizima after "the audience", before arriving in Velen. Saved game booted up fine; no issues. I then reloaded my earliest save, which was just before tackling the big baddie in White Orchard with Vesemir. Again, no issues.

Perhaps the crash is caused by saved games created after a certain point in the campaign?

can i bump this thread every time i have a CTD?

CDPR support just told me to contact NA/US (WB - warner brothers) support... as if they don't care that it's a bug...

bought it on steam anyways, why would i give WB my email? silly nonsense...

pretty hilarious if you ask me... i'll not jump thru hoops, sorry :\

Last edited:
Hi all,
I've been playing with the latest DLC since yesterday with no issues travelling to Velen from Skellige until just now..
My copy is on GOG Galaxy client, and the solution for me was to hit Configure, untick both new Skellige DLC and then retick the boxes.

This will downloaded the content again approx 160mb for both...sure enough load back in fast travel to Velen...no CTD.
Hope this works for a few others as well.

can i bump this thread every time i have a CTD?

CDPR support just told me to contact NA/US (WB - warner brothers) support... as if they don't care that it's a bug...

bought it on steam anyways, why would i give WB my email? silly nonsense...

pretty hilarious if you ask me... i'll not jump thru hoops, sorry :\

They're partners. I'm pretty sure they're sharing duties. Like: when the core team is working on a massive update, the North American team will handle DLC issues. Steam has absolutely nothing to do with the title. They're a license vendor -- neither developer nor producer.

I would just forward your message to WB. What will they do with your e-mail that the hundreds of thousands of other individuals and businesses that already have it will not?

Perhaps the crash is caused by saved games created after a certain point in the campaign?
I'm pretty far in the campaign (at Kaer Morhen) and my saves originate from when the game was released, if that could have anything to do with it.
My copy is on GOG Galaxy client, and the solution for me was to hit Configure, untick both new Skellige DLC and then retick the boxes.
This will downloaded the content again approx 160mb for both...sure enough load back in fast travel to Velen...no CTD.
Hope this works for a few others as well.
Tried this on my copy from Steam as well, but that didn't do the trick for me, unfortunately. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom