new DLC broke my saves?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new DLC that arrived today at Steam seems to broke the game the same way the other did. :(
The quickfix to always start with a save in Velen seemed to work with this one, but as soon as I load a save when I'm in Skellige and I try to fast travel away from there the CTD returns. I hope these problems will be fixed in the upcoming patch, so I can enjoy the DLC's.

That doesn't work at all for me. I'm really hoping this is fixed soon because this completely stops me from playing the game any farther.

Ok, after some messinga round, I realized that it's not enough to load a save outside of Skellige first; the save has to be from before the DLC was activated. So the best way to do it for people who do not have save from before is in fact to download a savefile from someone else (I used one from Nexus Mods) and load THAT one first. IF you overwrite it, it will loose it's magic.

Don't know if this detail will help you, but I hope it does.

After trying and trying to figure out how to do this finally got out of Skillige

So I followed the guy's post above. Downloaded a save state from Nexus. But only one save state is not enough. I downloaded 2. Load both save state then finally your broken save state. (the last save state I loaded was White Orchard if that matters). Then Fast Travel to White Orchard

Success

So that is the fix? To download someone else's save? Fuck that.Why hasn't CDPR commented on this? This is as game breaking as they come.

---------- Updated at 12:48 AM ----------

Just saw this from up thread and it worked for me:
There is a work around (worked for me, at least):The game crashes on loading screens when in Skellige: this may be either due to fast travel or loading another save. As soon as Dandelion starts talking, CTD.What I found out is that the crash only happens if the FIRST save you load is in Skellige. So, what you have to do is:- Boot up the game and load a save in Velen, Kaer Morhen, anywhere that's not skellige FIRST.- Pause and load your Skellige save.That's all. Fast Travel works again. Now, this has to be done every time you boot the game. Sort of inconvenient; but for me and some others it did the trick.(If you don't have a save outside of Skellige, download one from Nexus Mods. It's what I did)
Should be a CDPR comment by now.

yes download someone's save state but after loading those 2 save states load your save state. I didn't loose any progress

save states from Nexus load as ordered
bald mountain
white orchard
(your current save state pre-cat school dlc)
fast travel to white orchard (bar)

Last edited:
This issue is so very annoying. I've been having the loading screen crash since the Skellige DLC like many others. I submitted an official bug report to cdpr and all they said was they are looking into it and to uninstall the DLC, and use an old save. Sadly, I don't HAVE a save from before because I never went to Skelliege for a good week after the DLC was installed, and all my autosaves were cycled out/deleted over time. I'm far enough into the game with so much side work/quests done that I might just have to take a long break from W3 until all this stuff is long resolved, then start over. Starting over now only to risk maybe having more problems every free DLC that comes out isn't worth the risk.

After trying and trying to figure out how to do this finally got out of Skillige

So I followed the guy's post above. Downloaded a save state from Nexus. But only one save state is not enough. I downloaded 2. Load both save state then finally your broken save state. (the last save state I loaded was White Orchard if that matters). Then Fast Travel to White Orchard

Success

thank you so much bro, that helped me, sinc 4 days i try to solve this problem with the *skellige most wanted dlc load crash bug*

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom