New exclusive gameplay footage to air live tonight!

+
I watched the video a second time, and have revised my opinion of the radial menu. Freakie1one brings up some valid points. Since time only slows when you want to make tactical adjustments, it may be more advantageous to have the commands closely clustered, where the action is taking place. This way, you do less navigating with the mouse. Having commands stretched along the bottom may not be the best format. A nice touch would be to allow the player to adjust the transparency of the menu, like we can in Fallout 3. I know from experience I would personally want the menu to be as transparent as possible.

i play fps and crysis radial menue was bad. I never used it. but red CallOfDuty splashes is something you hopefully can turn off, why they put it in there I can't even imagine. The inventory system is even worse. It looks totally disconnected from the gameworld, overlaps EVERYTHING, like it was written by a Winword designer and then a TW2 designer came in and pasted the new icons from the game in. I don't say they should keep or copy the inventory from TW1 but it was artisticly sound and fitting and did not obstruct the view of the gameworld completely which gives me more "immersion" as funny as that sounds.

Transparency would be the ideal option if it's too late to change how items are managed. The Chronicles of Riddick had a transparency option and it worked well when reading journals etc,. Plus, you can still see the game world as you're reading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keT057fDhU0Looking deeper into it, this UI reminds of japanese rpgs....... Lulz. The battle system looks really hampered or the player really sucks at it. It's one or the other.

Orochi82 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keT057fDhU0Looking deeper into it, this UI reminds of japanese rpgs....... Lulz. The battle system looks really hampered or the player really sucks at it. It's one or the other.
I'm thinking the person playing in that demo just wasn't very good. I'm glad if combat is difficult in TW2. I don't want to breeze through a game that requires no thought and mindless clicking.

I just hope this won't end up into a button mashing fest though. Some other videos shown really got me worried about it.

Wanted to post on the Gamespot interview but for some subconscious reason i didn’t but will do so now.First the witcher world is looking great, i like how the game is non linear and i think the RPG elements look good.The UI is ok i suppose and will probably get used to it but hope they improve it some more.The red paint i don’t like so hope they remove it or at least have an option to turn off.The combat still worries me as i have no idea what Geralt is doing any time i see combat in the game. I hope the developers show or explain how combat works.One thing i would like is fewer spoilers please in the next few months.

Did anyone else find the combat to look worse than the E3 video's from last year? Maybe it was just the person playing. The dev's need to put out a video showing proper combat mechanics.

Exuro89 said:
Did anyone else find the combat to look worse than the E3 video's from last year? Maybe it was just the person playing. The dev's need to put out a video showing proper combat mechanics.
I simply have not seen enough of the combat system to judge. And even then, it's very much a tactile thing. We won't know the balance till we play the game. It did look like whoever was playing was having a hard time of it though. Quite hectic.

slimgrin said:
slimgrin said:
I simply have not seen enough of the combat system to judge. And even then, it's very much a tactile thing. We won't know the balance till we play the game. It did look like whoever was playing was having a hard time of it though. Quite hectic.
Well now I'll have to agree with you there. Hopefully the battles will in fact have where you have to think about yrou tactics and use different tactics to get through them. Now I've seen two different dates for the game May 5 and May 17 not sure now which is the correct release date for the game. I did in fact pre order it though. Lets see if it can top DA2. I've already played the Demo for DA2 and it looks like one heck of a game even better than the original and I lost track of how many times I played it. TW 1 only played through it twice. To me there is something missing in regards to the witcher 1. Between TW2 and DA2 DA2 I think is going to be hard to beat in regards to RPG games. Glad that I'll have DA2 in just more than 2 hours.

Between TW2 and DA2 DA2 I think is going to be hard to beat in regards to RPG games.
Hmmm... Even though I'm not convinced about TW2 combat system, I'd pick it over DA2 any time of day.It's all a matter of taste I guess.

i`m hoping for some newer gameplay footage either later this week or next as the latest conference..GDC i think it is but not entirely sure on the name . With TW2 entering or has already entered beta stage it would at least give some a better impression on the combat system .

Orochi82 said:
Between TW2 and DA2 DA2 I think is going to be hard to beat in regards to RPG games.
Hmmm... Even though I'm not convinced about TW2 combat system, I'd pick it over DA2 any time of day.It's all a matter of taste I guess.
Well yes that is true there. But for now I'll play through DA2 and than when I get TW2 I'll play through that fully and let you know if I still feel the same way. Heck seen a posting on Youtube on the top 10 games for 2011 and they don't make mention of TW2 wonder why that there is? They don't think it's good enough? I did hear that DA2 has went Gold with presales alone. Of course I don't know what it takes to make a game go gold. Are they ranked in sales like music cds?

Going Gold in videogames means something else. Here:
"Gone gold" means that the gold "master" CD or DVD has been delivered to manufacturing (the CD may or may not actually be gold. The term derived from the fact that CD-R media used to be gold colored.
Heck seen a posting on Youtube on the top 10 games for 2011 and they don't make mention of TW2 wonder why that there is?
Bioware rpgs are hyped up as hell, it's quite normal for a bioware game to be in a top list and another company's game not to be. It doesn't mean their game is actually the best. That depends entirely on who's playing.

redneck1st said:
. Heck seen a posting on Youtube on the top 10 games for 2011 and they don't make mention of TW2 wonder why that there is? They don't think it's good enough?
Try the links below. There are many more if you do a proper search.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SU_dYAraIU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3YMDvnm3Zo&feature=related

Orochi82 said:
Going Gold in videogames means something else. Here:
"Gone gold" means that the gold "master" CD or DVD has been delivered to manufacturing (the CD may or may not actually be gold. The term derived from the fact that CD-R media used to be gold colored.
Heck seen a posting on Youtube on the top 10 games for 2011 and they don't make mention of TW2 wonder why that there is?
Bioware rpgs are hyped up as hell, it's quite normal for a bioware game to be in a top list and another company's game not to be. It doesn't mean their game is actually the best. That depends entirely on who's playing.
Well now as for me personally I don't worry about reviews no matter whose they are. I play the game and form my own opinion about it. As for Bioware rpgs I would say they are hyped up. After all Can't tell you how many times I've played Dragon Age origins to date. Matter of fact I'm playing it now for something to do till I've got DA2 installed and can play it.

fchopin said:
fchopin said:
. Heck seen a posting on Youtube on the top 10 games for 2011 and they don't make mention of TW2 wonder why that there is? They don't think it's good enough?
Try the links below. There are many more if you do a proper search.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SU_dYAraIU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3YMDvnm3Zo&feature=related
I must admit that among all these trailers and gameplays, TW2 seems absolutly dull. They put together not the very best images of the game. It disappears completely compared with the others. Even DA2 and... what was that "Wall-e 2"? :D lol (Portal 2 I mean) seem both incredible. Shame!

Top Bottom