New Faction Challenge begins!

+

Dominika

CD PROJEKT RED
New Faction Challenge begins!

It’s time to take up a new challenge! Who will you support this time — ruthless Monsters, or loyal soldiers of Northern Realms? Choose your side, compete for battlefield dominance and earn faction rewards!

The Challenge starts on Tuesday, March 13, 12 PM (noon) CET, and ends on Thursday, March 22, 12 PM (noon) CET.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

1. Go into the Faction Challenge tile located in the in-game News section.
  2. Choose one of the two warring factions you wish to support: Monsters or Northern Realms.
  3. Play and win games with your faction across Casual, Ranked and Pro Ladder modes to unlock faction rewards.
—————————————————————————————————————————
  • Games won before committing to a specific faction will not count toward your challenge progress.
  • Your challenge progress is determined by wins against all factions: those participating (Monsters, Northern Realms) and not participating (Nilfgaard, Scoia’tael, Skellige) in the challenge.
  • Playing games via friend challenge or in the Arena will not count toward your challenge progress.
  • After reaching a milestone, you will immediately receive a corresponding reward.
  • Information about your completed milestones can be found in the in-game Notifications tab (Social Panel).

REWARDS

And there is more — the winning faction will get guaranteed first 3 draft slots of Arena runs from Friday, March 23rd to Monday, March 26th!

Last edited:
Dominika;n10630531 said:
- After reaching a milestone, you will immediately receive a corresponding reward.
- Information about your completed milestones can be found in the in-game Notifications tab (Social Panel).

Thanks for these awesome improvements.

EDIT:

Dominika;n10630531 said:
And there is more — the winning faction will get guaranteed first 3 draft slots of Arena runs from Friday, March 23rd to Monday, March 26th!

I am confused about this. "guaranteed first 3 draft slots of Arena" What do you mean?

Last edited:
Dominika;n10630531 said:
[*]After reaching a milestone, you will immediately receive a corresponding reward.
[*]Information about your completed milestones can be found in the in-game Notifications tab (Social Panel).

First part is awesome it will improve the experience greatly.

As for the last part, I like it how faction is rewarded and everyone are impacted by the result of the Challenge.

Im also confused about the last part. But being "the winning faction will get guaranteed first 3 draft slots of Arena runs from Friday, March 23rd to Monday, March 26th!"
It's impossible that we get 3 shards, because if it was the shards, they wouldn't say from 23rd to 26th, right?
I'm pretty sure that, if for example NR wins, the first 3 cards(all 4 choices, so 12 in total), in all arenas we play, will be from NR for these 3 days.

4RM3D;n10656601 said:
I am confused about this. "guaranteed first 3 draft slots of Arena" What do you mean?

I think that means the first 3 cards you get while drafting in the Arena mode will be of NR faction.

Sadly, this is not the first time CDPR has been obscure with the wording. This includes card abilities as well as PR communications.

How exactly does Faction Challenge work?

How exactly does Faction Challenge work? I'm asking this because last time at ST vs SK i won 12 SK matches and 10 ST thinking that i will get both titles since that was the requirement for the title and i ended up getting none.
This time around i have the monster boarder so i want the NR one now but i also want the monster title.If i win 10 monster games and 30 with NR,will i be getting both titles plus boarder or nothing...again?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dominika;n10630531 said:
[*]Information about your completed milestones can be found in the in-game Notifications tab (Social Panel).

In case you are wondering where the "Social Panel" is in the PS4 version, it is the section where the daily quests are listed (which from an UI point of view is not a tab at all making it a bit confusing).

4RM3D;n10656601 said:
That means in the Arena when you start to draft your deck, first 3 drafts (4 cards) will be Monsters or NR only. Depends on which faction wins.

Well done CDPR ! Good changes, and fun challenge, I will go for NR the border is nice and it fits good with Vernor Roche avatar.
Cheers ! :cheers:

KaynOfNosgoth;n10657121 said:
How exactly does Faction Challenge work?

You can only select one faction and cannot gain rewards from the other faction. Once you've done the following:
  1. Go into the Faction Challenge tile located in the in-game News section.
  2. Choose one of the two warring factions you wish to support: Monsters or Northern Realms.
You are locked to that faction. So, in your case, you'll have to choose between the Monster title and the NR border.

My bet goes to Monster faction. Even though I'm mainly Mo player, this time I will fight for the NR, which is the second in the slot of my preferences. Moreover, I already own the MO borders, sorry to my fellow MO players :p

Foltest on Duty! Close Ranks!

We will strike swiftly, and precisely!

Last edited:
Top Bottom