New Faction Challenge begins!

+
Dominika;n10657221 said:
Yes, you can do it in the in-game news section. :) And remember that only the games won after picking a faction will count in the Challenge!

Okay, picked a faction (Monster). Played two games with Monster faction, lost the first one against NR, but won the second one against another Monster Deck. My win counter in my Profile changed from 71 to 72 wins for Monster (from past challenges I learned to write my starting value down), so the win registered correctly. However, the challenge counter in the "Social Panel" DID NOT update and continues to show 0.

Several questions therefore:
- Is the counter not working?
- If it is supposed to work, does it worked with a delay, say it only updates at the end of the day?
- If it is supposed to work and to update immediately, can you please fix it, because in that case it seems broken?

This is on a PS4 and I would be interested whether others have a similar experience, and if yes, whether that is limited to PS4 only (meanwhile reported as a bug).

Last edited:
Don't have a single proper NR deck, so I guess I'll be supporting Monsters.

Those new features (automatic rewards and progress counter) sound great!

- 30 wins, it are too severe with a light user in 10 days.
- It is visible to let up on the Imlerith: Sabbath (overpower).
- There is no adjustment until April.

CDPR, you do not think about things in the situation of the user.

:facepalm:

Last edited:
Great news that we can check our progress as we go now - thanks!

And - it's a good reason to get back to NR - I'll have to build a new deck for this, it should be fun. Long live et cetera, et cetera..

Kingoko;n10657951 said:
I read you need restart game so that counter show correct number

Not sure where you read this, it certainly wasn't part of the announcement post at the beginning of this thread (I checked).

But it did work, so thanks for that.

I still would consider this a bug, albeit not as severe as originally thought.

ErraticSpawn;n10657761 said:
Okay, picked a faction (Monster). Played two games with Monster faction, lost the first one against NR, but won the second one against another Monster Deck. My win counter in my Profile changed from 71 to 72 wins for Monster (from past challenges I learned to write my starting value down), so the win registered correctly. However, the challenge counter in the "Social Panel" DID NOT update and continues to show 0.

Kingoko;n10657951 said:
I read you need restart game so that counter show correct number

Yes, currently the win counter is updated only after you log-in to the game.

Dominika;n10658131 said:

lol just came here to report that exact problem... challenge win counter only updates after relog.... to it's credit it does seem to be capturing R1 forfeits as does the quest counter.... WTH anyone would forfeit R1 against my crappy fun casual deck (that does not include Sabbath) I'll never know.

Dominika;n10658131 said:

Since I just saw the post from Void_Singer reporting the same symptom I believe it would help if you could add a line to your original announcement along the lines of "It may be necessary to restart the game for the Win Counter to update correctly".

Why are the only worthy rewards still at 30? Isn't 30 or especially 60 wins way too much to grind with either of these?

Even the the current casual meta is Ciri: Free 22 and Nilfgaard's, as it could be described, "witcher that removes anything of worth, as it deals about 11 damage, is a 5 body, can be resurrected three times, and obviously buffed to 25." Sure, some are of course playing these two, like Henselt, weather, Winch, Archespore... All that stuff you just love to see.

giorno;n10657921 said:

NR beats I:S easiest of all factions.
I have had 0 trouble with beating him to a pulp.

giorno;n10657921 said:

The 2 games I faced imlerith, he misrely lost - Just put mandrake and scorch in the deck! GG!

Dominika;n10630531 said:
Information about your completed milestones can be found in the in-game Notifications tab (Social Panel).
Ah, a useful addition. Thanks!
Now, if only those 30 victories weren't so confoundedly far away, and torturously time-consuming to achieve! (I still regret I couldn't win to 30 for the Scoia'tael Challenge, but, alas, no such luck.)

faction challenge

Well, i went into game picked monsters instantly cuz i started playing like 3 weeks ago and i loved monsters here but then i won 2 matches with them and it still says matches won with faction: 0. Now im wondering if i chose a wrong faction but thats almost impossible, when i see in news section a faction it shows monsters banner but idk.... how to check what i picked

Please try relogging - currently the win counter updates only after you log in to the game.

Dudes, it's common sense to restart AND update your game when a hotfix or whatever is released. I do this every time and do not recall having any problems.

Monsters all the way WOOP WOOP

Dancin' in the Moonlight all the way to 50.

Monsters might even win it based on popularity right now.

4RM3D;n10657491 said:
You can only select one faction and cannot gain rewards from the other faction. Once you've done the following:
  1. Go into the Faction Challenge tile located in the in-game News section.
  2. Choose one of the two warring factions you wish to support: Monsters or Northern Realms.
You are locked to that faction. So, in your case, you'll have to choose between the Monster title and the NR border.

Thank you,that helps a lot.One question though,i wanna chose monsters for the title but if monsters lose,will i still get the title or i won't get anything?

I really want that NR border but my NR collection is pretty bad. I don't even have leaders. Any cheap decks I could make to get to 30?

Monsters I have 2 decks so it won't be an issue.

partci;n10659231 said:
Dudes, it's common sense to restart AND update your game when a hotfix or whatever is released. I do this every time and do not recall having any problems.

First of all, there was no hotfix/update. Secondly it can be expected, without any additional notice, that after selecting my faction, the wins would be recorded. Thirdly, the wins have been recorded in the profile section correctly, thus a mismatch could be noted between both counters for no obvious reasons. And lastly, it is not a one-time issue, the counter in the Social Panel will always only refresh after restart. Now I can accept that without problem, if it would have been clearly communicated in the announcement. As it is, a few people have been confused by the issue already, which underlines that it is by no means self-explanatory. And by the way, this is Gwent and not Windows.

Top Bottom