New Factions And Faction Types

+
DRK3;n10196192 said:
Wonderboy8700 Maybe i was just being biased against Wild Hunt since im not their biggest fan.

However, for a whole faction to make sense, it needs to have a reasonable amount of characters (to fill the Golds and Silvers of said faction) and not just "no-name extras" (the bronzes), and you can count with your fingers the characters from the Wild Hunt.

I do support the idea of expanding the Wild Hunt and making it a full archetype of Monsters.

I think the Wild Hunt has enough traction left to support its own faction, especially if you just expand it into an Aen Elle faction as the Wild Hunt is just the military arm of this race. Considering this encompasses a whole race and culture in the Witcher universe, it's deserving of its own faction and a little unfair to just lump them in with monsters. For named characters you could add Auberon Muircetach, Wild Hunt versions of Avallac'h and Geralt, Naglfar (Eredin's flagship), the Apiarian Phantom (named wild hunt hound), Inglor Heyanwe, the Sunstone, Gealbhan, Lara Dorren, Shiadhal, and Aramil. As for bronzes you could add Wild Hunt Slavers, Aen Elle Royal Cupbearers (Auberon was murdered with poison), Wild Hunt Wraiths/Specters, Unicorn Hunters, and then various versions of the existing warriors, riders, and navigators. Conjunction of the Spheres could also be a fun faction specific gold boon/hazard card.

Last edited:
Zack723, thank you, this is what I was thinking but was not sure how much detail to go into. You nailed it. I especially love your Conjunction of the Spheres idea. The only thing I would add is a unit and or spell that wipes memories (set an enemy unit to 1 power and lock it )

Yeah Wild Hunt definately deserves its own faction.

But witchers? I don't know. They are literally neutral after all so it doesn't make much sense for them to have their own faction. Did Geralt ever go to war with a bunch of random witchers in the books or games? No right?

Kingoko;n9720341 said:
New faction : bandits
When i think of new possible factions there is not many, Toussaint maybe. But what about introducing bandits faction (or whatever called). There is hundreds characters in Witcher that can be put here. Rats, Renfri hanza, Skellen hanza and many more. What you think about it?

I had this in my mind for a longer time!
But I couldn´t think of any good archetypes or abilities for them :(

I once thought of a prison system instead of graveyard. Bandits should (can) have lots of summon cards (so they always stick together as a crew/hanza), then in the second round they will go into the (graveyard/prison) on the end of the 1. round and stay there during the second round but on the 3. round the go back to the deck (so you could ambush the opponent with a lot of tempo in the last round)
It´s a bit tricky to make it work though, but with some specific tactic cards simlar to reinforcement they could be pretty competitive as a 3. round finisher.
Each crew/hanza could have their own specific abilities.

Thats just one idea of mine, I didn´t spend so much time thinking about the possibilities or fun factor. You can it rant pretty hard, I won´t get mad at anyone ;)

I would eventually love to see:

Skellige
Scoia'tael
Monsters
Wild Hunt (from Monsters)
Nilfgaard
Toussaint (few current cards from Nilfgaard)
Redania (from NR)
Northern Realms - I think you would have to include Kaedwin, Aedirn & Lyria and Rivia as one faction as their may not be enough characters to do them separately.
Temeria (from NR)

Kovir as a new faction

What about Kovir/Poviss as a new faction? Read that many people are for a rogue/bandit kind of faction but I think I didn't see many people talk about Kovir yet. Alot of potential since there is enough lore for this in my opinion.

I know this might not be the best time given the balancing problems going on and the new mode & campaign being around the corner but I still wanted to have mentioned this.

A cool new faction that could help sell future games is another world invasion faction (cyber punk 2077 or another world that could be tied to the eventual Witcher 4.) This way you can pair the new faction with a single player campaign and get some completely new characters and story introduced.

Coordinating a lot of issues that seem to be arising from the spread of cards, I had an idea about creating a Kaer Morhen faction instead to combine the Witchers and supporting ensemble in the same cast. Yes, they side with people, but aren't they a side on their own?

Thought I'd create the prospective thread to see which cards could be in there and whether it's worth exploring? For a start, the Witcher Summon would be exclusive to this faction!! As would Roach! Then there's the likes of Jonny - thoughts?

That would at least require a whole array of new cards. Lore-wise, it's still an issue because the Witchers and co aren't really a faction. Ironically, the Witchers would fit everywhere but Monsters. Gameplay-wise, it could be interesting, though.

I apologize in advance for bad English
Far Countries
Little-known countries, located away from the main places of action of the book and game saga, such as, Zerrikania , Ofir, Hakland, Zangvebar. The faction will interact with alhmiyya, bombs, dragons, poison magic ( Zerrikania and Ofir) moving (Hakland) animals (Zangvebar)
The leaders
28fe7e9fa7ad0eeef1ad6eedd1890bef.jpeg

Zerrikanterment
Order: Repeat the Order or Deploy ability of an ally dragon. On round start, refresh this ability.

154737944112147781.jpg

Azar Yaved
Whenever you play a mage, Spawn and Summon a Small Ifrit to a random allied row.
Small Ifrit
Token
Deathwish: Damage a random enemy by 1 two times.
Нибрас_1.png

Nibras: Ofiric King
Order: Increase the value of the next special card you play by half of its base value.
Charges: 2
Examples - Thunder Alzura, will deal 7 damage, and the Garrison will increase by 15 points.

Multiple cards.

Borch Three Jackdaws.
Power: 5
Provisions: 10
Deploy, Melee: Play Tea and Vea from your deck,
Deploy, Range: Spawn and Play Dragon Flame.

Dragon Flame
Special Card, Token
Apply this row effect: Every enemy turn, on turn start, damage a random enemy on this row by 2.
5 forces, 10 provisions

Tea
Power: 3
Provisions: 7
Deploy: Damage an enemy unit by 2. If you control a dragon, summon Vea to the ranged row.

Vea
Power: 3
Provisions: 7
Deploy: Boost an allied unit by 2. If you control a dragon, summon Tea to the ranged row.

Rune Master
Power: 4
Provisions: 8
Deploy: Create and play a rune card.
(Double random)

Merten
Power: 2
Provisions: 9
Deploy: Play a bomb card in your deck.

Zerrikanian Fly
Special Card
Provisions: 5
Mark an enemy unit. After 2 enemy turns, on turn start, destroy that unit then summon a Fly on a random opponent's row,

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Love the idea of adding cards for Tea and Vea. Even if they dont go in that direction with the new faction, those 2 still deserve cards.

Next faction would be Red Rose Order with Radovid and Redania. All is Red. Cause in W3 there was Inquisition and we had some references to this Order in W1. There are many personalities on that side, which are still not presented in NR. And, some Redania cards was deleted at the HC start! This is too obvious that new faction must be Red Rose. Faction of fanatics, struggling with scoyatael and witches with Radovid as their ruller. It is not NR, because they are too different. NR are much more free and tolerant then Redania.
99348.jpgmaxresdefault (1).jpgradovid.jpg
Snap_yMfMzT5B5S1084064504.jpg

Last edited:
Redania belongs to NR historically, ethnically and lore-wise, but I cannot find any other excuse for cutting out Redanians from NR than to make them another faction.
It's cheap move for me (I'd like to have new factions designed from the scratch, not by "let's cut dwarves from ST"), but meh, I guess I have no choice but to prepare myself.

I encourage everyone to read The Witcher: Of Flesh and Flame. It's a short comic set in Ofieri 1 year after Geralt killed...
their prince aka the toad prince in Heart of Stone expansion.

I've read, and I think it would be much greater to have Ofir faction instead of Redania. But I'd rather like to be pessimistic than dissapointed.

Redenia belongs to NR. Ofieri is the top candidate for new faction and also a good way to follow up the comics The Witcher: Of Flesh and Flame.
I hope, u r right, because Redania is similar to another NR and it is geographically placed around there. May be they plan to make another big addon with Redania as a part of NR, that is why there is no any redanian cards. May be we'll see two or more new factions...
May be it'll be a fun faction of real people. For example they will add there Burza (I know, he allready has one card))), Slama, the best Gwent streamers, Santa Clause and so on)) Because they told that this is not that we all can think.

Last edited:
Top Bottom