New Factions And Faction Types

+
Luigiigi;n9197231 said:
I think the idea is not bad but how about making more like cards with normal stats and effects like "Rob" when a gold card is played of any side demotte it and then buff the mercenary instead of coins?

For Rob, I could see that as a card effect (maybe as a silver).

The coin concept is that there are be lot more cards that have such effects (that carry a coin with them). So it plays into card/deck management too.

Might also make the coin do poorly on regular units (like boost it by 3), and take out the Draw and Play another card effect.

Touissant and a mixed faction (Kovir & Poviss ,Ofier, Zerrikania etc.) are the only other factions I want to see in the game.

I have read someone pointed out Skellige faction will have problems with adding cards since they are minor in the world and aside from Witcher 3 and few places in the books they don't figure much, but imagine the problem with Touissant how do you get 150 cards from that.

Nice solution would be expansions for the current factions. Nilfgaard gets 20-30-40, idk, cards all themed around Touissant with some new mechanics, maybe new leader as well, NR get simillar amount themed around Kovir and Poviss, Scoiatel gets the pack called the Sympathizers or something themed around non-humans living with humans and not being in armed rebellion but who support non-human rights struggle and Scoiatel, Monsters get say Draconid themed expansion, vampires are already too present to constitute major expansion and they already have a leader, but some evil dragon guy CDPR just made up or Vran or something could be fitting leader, as for Skellige, just invent some king with his own trademark way of war or even if they are already very present do something themed around Druids or Beserkers. There could be more than one of this expansions for each faction over time.

As for Zerrikania and Ofier, they can hardly be full factions, and it would be stupid to combine them, they are on the opposite sides of the world and while there could be thriving interaction on the Witcher planet equivalent of Pacific, that is never claimed or hinted so it would be huge stretch, besides those are very distinct cultures, it would make as much sense as combining NR and Nilf. Stuff related to this exotic realms could be incorporated in neutral cards, like witchers and their potions and abilities are. So expect Azar Javed gold card in the future.

Variety will grow over time, but don't hope for serious overhauls like separating witchers and their stuff or sorceresses or vampires or Wild Hunt or realms within North, it would demand whole slew of rebalancing that no one needs. And it would make reset almost certain. So before asking for serious rehaul which would be biggest rehaul since Gwent took stage in Witcher 3 ask yourself do you want a progress reset, because that is how you get a progress reset.

But hey just my two cents it is up to developers in the end and no one can blame them if they are not willing to seriously upset the balance they have long been working hard to achive just so we could have another faction of knights or some exotic stuff not even regular fans of the games are that much interested to play with.

Unless more factions are added during the open beta it seems unlikely they will be in the future. You can see that this doesn't happen in similar games, for example Hearthstone has never and probably never will add a new class, mainly because issues around how many cards that new class or faction has. If you have any sort of steady release of cards the new faction either has to be severely limited in their card pool, or you have to come out with enough cards to offset however many months or years of card releases you've had for the other factions. You also have additional barriers that you need to collect all these new faction cards in order to actually play the faction. All of those factors probably mean that if we don't see a new faction within the first 6 months to a year after they start regularly adding cards then we won't see one at all.

There's unfortunately not a lot to go on. Having all the Northern Kingdoms as a unified Realm kills any original faction being pulled from lore basically.

Toussaint is part of Nilfgaard, so no sense there. Though they could be made and probably will have cards in the future.

Zerrikania we know next to nothing about. It'd be new material. Not stopping at that, in the original Gwent some cards give an impression that Nilfgaard in the least has an alliance or influence over them.

Kovir & Poviss is much too small and always remained militarily neutral in the wars while financing the Northern Kingdoms.

Olfier could potentially be a faction. But aside from the base knowledge of Zerikkiana is essentially the same. They'd have to make everything for it from complete scratch. So even then it wouldn't be anytime soon.

Hedlesss;n7881630 said:
Knowing that we only recently got Nilfgaard I would expect a long wait for the next faction, but in passing my idea for Toussaint where their cards could have a wine theme, for example you could have a special card that remained on the row that says "all units on this row become drunk" and many of the units in the faction could have an added ability when drunk. I feel Wine would have to play a major factor in the faction at some point

They could have a "Glass of Toussaint vintage" faction unique special card which would have a cool animation of flared nostrils sniffing the glass.

SHALLAHJUSTICE;n9199501 said:
They could have a "Glass of Toussaint vintage" faction unique special card which would have a cool animation of flared nostrils sniffing the glass.

you should read my take on toussaint on page 4 and leave a reply and when you like it give it a red point pls ^^

I would like the Lodge to be a faction on it's own ( or, as someone mentioned several posts earlier, a faction of Sorcerers that includes the Lodge ).

Another faction could be, let's say the Outlaws ( because i can't think of a better name atm ) with cards like Renfri, the Gnomes, the Rats, Falka ( the original ) etc.

Also, i don't think Toussaint being it's own faction is a problem, despite being under Nilfgaard rule. After all, a lot of Neutral cards don't make any sense anyway. ( glaring example, Geralt, Ciri, witchers fighting side by side with Eredin and the Wild Hunt. Preposterous ).

bilbo.baggins;n9202961 said:
I would like the Lodge to be a faction on it's own ( or, as someone mentioned several posts earlier, a faction of Sorcerers that includes the Lodge ).

Another faction could be, let's say the Outlaws ( because i can't think of a better name atm ) with cards like Renfri, the Gnomes, the Rats, Falka ( the original ) etc.

Also, i don't think Toussaint being it's own faction is a problem, despite being under Nilfgaard rule. After all, a lot of Neutral cards don't make any sense anyway. ( glaring example, Geralt, Ciri, witchers fighting side by side with Eredin and the Wild Hunt. Preposterous ).

I like the Outlaw idea they could have low power and the brave tag and the more outlaws you have at the same time the higher the brave value
(Oh and pls look at my Touissant threat on page 4 and reply/give me a Redpoint if you like it)

The New Faction

So, let's guess what the new faction will be! Here are my guesses!

Kovir:

It does not seem to be a part of the Northern Realms decks except for one card (Síle).

Witchers:

Potions, witcher schools etc. Sounds good.

Witchers as a own faction would be silly in my opinion. Actually I have no clue what faction it could be, but Kovir&Poviss could make sense.

The new faction is ought to be VERY counter-lore. All existing factions incorporate a whole region or, matter of fact, a faction... So a powerful group. This is how NR were molded in ONE faction and not broken down to Temeria, Redania, Aedirn, Kovir/Poviss...

There is simply no lore left for another full faction following this archetype. So they will have to completely make it up from scratch. My money is on Zerrikanian faction, something like "The Wild East" or whatever.

Toussaint? They have an awful lot of land, lore and background from W3:B&W, and some strong leadership figures from the game and books. I'd love to play as them, and have "The slopes of the Blessure" in the background as I play :)

With CDPR confirming Anna Henrietta is coming as a Nilfgaard leader, maybe we can finally stop suggesting Toussaint? Looks like the single player campaign for Nilfgaard will be based around them.

Eternal Fire/ Order is my favourite idea, of the others suggested, I quite like a Bandit/Outlaw idea. I kind of hope they don't just make new characters from scratch for Ofir/Zerrikania, I'd like to actually care about the cards being added.

Top Bottom