New Factions And Faction Types

+
Hebrind;n9396621 said:
Toussaint? They have an awful lot of land, lore and background from W3:B&W, and some strong leadership figures from the game and books. I'd love to play as them, and have "The slopes of the Blessure" in the background as I play :)

Thats what they should do, but it seems CDPR doesnt want to add more factions, so they are going to release Toussaint cards, but they will surely be part of Nilfgaard.

Huge mistake, more factions increase the chance of seeing other OP faction apart from Monsters.

Hebrind;n9396621 said:
Toussaint? They have an awful lot of land, lore and background from W3:B&W, and some strong leadership figures from the game and books. I'd love to play as them, and have "The slopes of the Blessure" in the background as I play :)

Unfortunately that's unlikely since A. Henrietta will be a NG leader.

I'm fully agree with Toussain, this has to be a faction in the future, it doesn't belong to anything that's already in the game and CDPR "strangely" avoided every characters related to this place.
Ofeir would be another interesting choice imo.They would have to create a lot of things but it's not difficult to imagine.

Also, did I missed something? Did they officially announced there will be a new faction in the upcoming patch or are we just in speculation mode?

SkippyHole;n9396671 said:
With CDPR confirming Anna Henrietta is coming as a Nilfgaard leader, maybe we can finally stop suggesting Toussaint? Looks like the single player campaign for Nilfgaard will be based around them.

Eternal Fire/ Order is my favourite idea, of the others suggested, I quite like a Bandit/Outlaw idea. I kind of hope they don't just make new characters from scratch for Ofir/Zerrikania, I'd like to actually care about the cards being added.

No need to be snippy about it, I haven't watched the stream yet. I'm just starting it up. Don't be that guy :( Good idea for bandits and outlaws, but would there be enough? Or wouldn't they suit being "neutral" cards better?

Sheva007;n9396711 said:
Thats what they should do, but it seems CDPR doesnt want to add more factions, so they are going to release Toussaint cards, but they will surely be part of Nilfgaard.

Huge mistake, more factions increase the chance of seeing other OP faction apart from Monsters.

I agree, I think lumping a lot of cards and areas into a bigger conglomerate is slightly short-sighted but hey, it makes for larger more dynamic decks. I wouldn't mind a Witcher faction like OP suggested, tbh. That would be fun - different specials being the armours (griffin, Ursine, Wolven, etc) and "Law of Surprise" as a spell, different characters from different schools, specializations, focus on decoctions and signs etc. I think it'd be neat.

It's got to be Toussaint. So many characters to draw from in both cards and books (none of which are currently represented in GWENT with the exception of Fringilla Vigo).

Slowly the game gets more and more cards (and factions in the future) do you guys think that CDPR will add different kegs for the new cards(or some kind of separation)? Otherwise the chances of getting the New cards from kegs will go down with every patch/season.

Hebrind;n9397001 said:
No need to be snippy about it, I haven't watched the stream yet. I'm just starting it up. Don't be that guy :( Good idea for bandits and outlaws, but would there be enough? Or wouldn't they suit being "neutral" cards better?
What? What part of that was "snippy"? If you mean because you'd just suggested Toussaint that was pure coincidence, I hadn't read your reply yet.

The bandits thing isn't my idea, but I liked it. There are probably as many named bandit characters as any other suggestion, and a lot of them are really cool. You might need to move Cyprian Wiley, Cleaver and King of Beggars over (they'd be great leaders), but then you've got loads of characters, particularly from the books. But yeah, they are just as easily lumped in other factions or just as neutrals.

As for Witchers, I'd love the idea but there just aren't enough named ones. Apart from Eskel, Lambert, Vesemir, Letho and Geralt you have....Coen? Wasn't there a retired on in one of the games? You'd need to make up a lot more.

I'm favourable to see Toussaint as the next new faction , since it's a cool territory land and has room to have various specific cards on its own ..... and Blood & Wine it's a hell of damn good DLC for Witcher 3 !! so, Toussaint has my vote :D

New faction : bandits

[h=2]New faction : bandits[/h] When i think of new possible factions there is not many, Toussaint maybe. But what about introducing bandits faction (or whatever called). There is hundreds characters in Witcher that can be put here. Rats, Renfri hanza, Skellen hanza and many more. What you think about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
A Witchers faction ?

I feel witchers deserve their own faction and Geralt deserves to be more than being some neutral card. He's the soul of the game and yet his role in Gwent is minimal. The recent and coming changes seem to open the way for such a faction.
There is enough different characters, the "items" would allow for the use of silver and steal swords, the alchemy is already strong... the game is ready for it.

New faction: Wild Hunt

Ok so I don't want to give book spoilers but my point relates to the book lore. I will speak in general terms and ask that people please respond likewise (so as to not spoil the books.)

My idea for a new faction is to split the wild hunt off completely from monsters. We have seen intelligent monsters in the books, and there is little canonical reason to pair monsters with the hunt. Monsters could be expanded to include more species of vampires, dragons/draconoids, insectoids, etc... Meanwhile the hunt which already has 1 leader and about 8 units gets a massive infusion of new cards and leaders. I base this suggestion on the following observations.

1. There is little synergy between monster decks and wild hunt decks. 2. There is no evidence in the books or games that the wild hunt have tamed and utilized all of the species of monsters in the way that gwent uses them. 3. There are a lot of magic based units that could be assigned to the hunt.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Lorewise, it would make sense, but it would imply a tremendous amount of work, specially because there arent that many Wild Hunt units, nor could there be if we want some kind of base on the books and games - the WH units in Gwent cover all the WH in those media.

Besides, the next faction will be Touissant, with 2 of the leaders already announced. For those who played Witcher 3: Blood and Wine it will all be familiar.

DRK3, I agree it is a huge amount of work, and I know between thronebreaker and Touissant (something I did not know about when I made this thread but would love more info about,) the developers likely have their hands full. But eventually they could do it.

As for units, the books and games do provide some ideas. Off the top of my head. 1. Spectral horse, has the ability to trample doing x damage and moving a different hunt unit to another row. 2. Hunt battle mage, throws ice shards doing x damage (bonus damage for enemy's under ice.) 3. Wild hunt portal, (spell) creates a portal to ice covered location (instead of usual ice hazard this one can be silver and prevents units on the row from using their turn based abilities (too cold to function.) As well as doing damage on contact instead of by turn. Also general concepts, siege weapons, healers/armor makers, spell casters, and portal mages, and especially cavalry.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Wonderboy8700 Maybe i was just being biased against Wild Hunt since im not their biggest fan.

However, for a whole faction to make sense, it needs to have a reasonable amount of characters (to fill the Golds and Silvers of said faction) and not just "no-name extras" (the bronzes), and you can count with your fingers the characters from the Wild Hunt.

I do support the idea of expanding the Wild Hunt and making it a full archetype of Monsters.

I have said it and I will say it again, if Makaham with Broover can be part of Scoia'tael than Wild Hunt is more than fitting as a part of Monsters :D

I don't think new faction is really viable and it certainly won't be very lore friendly if it is ever introduced.

I think it would be a good move provided you can come up with enough cards.. They could even have a frost based scortch that instantly kills high opposing units.. Maybe even a curse or two.. It has potential.

Top Bottom