Votes: 18 62.1%
  • don't care

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • No don't need it

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
I think there will be no ng++ option.
That was said many times.

Why so pessimistic? CD PROJECT RED has shown that they are willing to introduce a lot of QoL improvements to the game, this one is pretty straight forward. :)

Why so pessimistic? CD PROJECT RED has shown that they are willing to introduce a lot of QoL improvements to the game, this one is pretty straight forward.

Well because they said it soooooooooooo many times.
And even right after releasing the Ng+ dlc.

And for me it's not really necessary, but thats only my opinion about it :)

i think they pretty much paved the way for a NG++ (if they were to add it) when they programed the level scaling option.
BTW i dont think im as savvy as i thought.....what does QoL mean?

i think they pretty much paved the way for a NG++ (if they were to add it) when they programed the level scaling option.
BTW i dont think im as savvy as i thought.....what does QoL mean?

I agree with your observation for the level scaling added recently. QoL simply stands for quality of life ;) and for me a NG++ (perpetual) would be just that :)

im also a huge fan of "now that i beat death march and played the game as a wet piece of kleenex wielding a thumb tack i want to play the game as a FREAKING GOD!!!"
something that a NG++ with the scaling option off could very easily accomplish. besides isnt geralt supposed to be a 97 year old witcher? i think he has earned the title of badass.

Having the enemy scale up option already, it's just a matter of letting us restart the NG+ process with our acquired gear/mutations etc. It would be mindbogglingif they didn’t add this in the foreseeable future, IMHO.

Isn't this "yearning for NG++" coming from the fact that enemies don't respawn? By enemies I mean apart from the drowners and neckers and wolves. It's the feeling that "Once I kill those things, I'm pretty much done with this place" If 'strong' enemies in almost every corner of the world respawned in sort of unexpected way, the world will feel more alive and dangerous even after beating the game.

But unique and powerful enemies are usually tied to a "quest" or two, so that if it is not given, you feel as though this isn't somehow not the way you play this game. The game doesn't seem to encourage you to explore the world without these "quests". You know, it's not how many quests there are what matters, it's how you make the world realistic with or without the game's guidances what matters.

Isn't this "yearning for NG++" coming from the fact that enemies don't respawn? By enemies I mean apart from the drowners and neckers and wolves. It's the feeling that "Once I kill those things, I'm pretty much done with this place" If 'strong' enemies in almost every corner of the world respawned in sort of unexpected way, the world will feel more alive and dangerous even after beating the game.

But unique and powerful enemies are usually tied to a "quest" or two, so that if it is not given, you feel as though this isn't somehow not the way you play this game. The game doesn't seem to encourage you to explore the world without these "quests". You know, it's not how many quests there are what matters, it's how you make the world realistic with or without the game's guidances what matters.

Yes and also to replay the story and make different decisions for different outcomes, after I've finished Blood and Wine on NG+ I now would like to replay the entire game with my newfound gear, but I am not allowed to do so, and CDPR haven't given any real reason to why this restriction is in place. With the enemy upscaling option, starting a new NG+ cycle shouldn't be a problem.

Another thread on this topic, another /signature from me.

Besides built in camera controls, perpetual NG+ (even if it's just for side-quests) is top of my wishlist.

i think top on my wish list is to have renewable contracts. just little minimal dialogue nekker or wolf contracts (gods know we have enough freaking wolves for it) maybe even some basilisk or cockatrice contracts that renew every in game week in random locations.
second on the wish list is perpetual NG++.

i think top on my wish list is to have renewable contracts. just little minimal dialogue nekker or wolf contracts (gods know we have enough freaking wolves for it) maybe even some basilisk or cockatrice contracts that renew every in game week in random locations.
second on the wish list is perpetual NG++.

That would be awesome, like Bethesda's "radiant" quests but just simple contracts that appear in random villages throughout the world. Would give a nice incentive to explore as well, but I doubt that level of coding is going to go in to the game post-release & with all the expansions out in the wild.

Perpetual NG+, on the other hand, would be relatively easy to implement, since there's no new gearing or levelling going on, and it's just a basic reset of all quest lines & world state

That would be awesome, like Bethesda's "radiant" quests but just simple contracts that appear in random villages throughout the world. Would give a nice incentive to explore as well, but I doubt that level of coding is going to go in to the game post-release & with all the expansions out in the wild.
yeaaah i know but it is still something awesome that i thought i would put out there.
View attachment 49601

Attachments

• 4432725+_8892a571735587100a4c9b70e889b926.jpg
    4432725+_8892a571735587100a4c9b70e889b926.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 46
Top Bottom