New Game+ explanation needed

+
Though it might be an interesting thing to have if they put some work into it. As in it unlocks some new paths: example in NG+ you now actually overpower Dex and run to Evelyn or something, but still end up with a bullet in the brain for the game to happen:)

But in NG+ how do you deal with the Dex's situation (where V gets overpowered by some not so strong opponent)? It works currently because V is still weak at that point.
You
Though it might be an interesting thing to have if they put some work into it. As in it unlocks some new paths: example in NG+ you now actually overpower Dex and run to Evelyn or something, but still end up with a bullet in the brain for the game to happen:)
I highly doubt they would change the story flow just for that tbh.

I wanna say this. New Game Plus is needed because no one wants to spend ages grinding again. It's why I've held off on starting a new game.

What grinding?
You can easily reach max level by just doing the side quests and some NCPD scanner delicts.

That's also the main reason why NG+ has zero appeal to me. All the character progression, which is a vital part of an RPG for me, is already done.

What grinding?
You can easily reach max level by just doing the side quests and some NCPD scanner delicts.

That's also the main reason why NG+ has zero appeal to me. All the character progression, which is a vital part of an RPG for me, is already done

What grinding?

That's also the main reason why NG+ has zero appeal to me. All the character progression, which is a vital part of an RPG for me, is already done.
Nobody wants to do all that crap over again. Why Spend Hours trying to level up all over again???? Makes no sense to me. You're entitled to your opinion but people want to have fun and not have to slog through the game trying to level up again.

I do, on every single playthrough.
As I said, character progression is a vital part in RPG games for me.
Like I said you're entitled to your opinion. But the fact that not everyone wants to do all over again it still remains. I highly doubt everyone wants to spend ages to be able to craft legendary weapons and quickhacks again.

Personally I like having the option of it, even if I don't take advantage of the option. I like knowing it's there, kinda like a food buffet. I may not eat everything that's available, but I like knowing the options are there.

A lot of mentions for TW3 which is one that I've done NG+ on most recently. The big draw for me is playing through the game already w/ everything practically unlocked. I have gear, weapons, abilities, and items. Thus reducing the amount of time I need to go and find all these things, level up stuff and just focus on enjoying the game with better stats, and gear.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake is another that I enjoyed NG+ on, even tho it's in a different way to approach it. It allows you to chapter select, do chapters on Hard Mode (only available after beating the game) but allowing you to retain everything from your first play-through; upgraded weapons, levels, materia, gil, items etc.

Horizon Zero Dawn is one I'm currently doing a NG+ run on, as it's the only way to acquire new items ONLY available in NG+ and access the Ultra Hard difficulty. I retain everything from my original play-through as well, no need to spend countless hours killing a racoon or fox for the low drop check of getting it's skin for pouch upgrades lol.

The hard work on the 1st play-through has already been put in, the grind is basically done, and now "I" personally just want to kick back, and enjoy the fruits of my hard work starting from the beginning. This works great for SP games as it doesn't hurt or affect anyone, as it's just my game. I know plenty of people that don't care for NG+ and personally I may not take advantage of it for every game that supports it for various reasons (may not like the game, may get everything in the 1st go and no need for it). For CP2077 I'd love to pick another lifepath, but have all my money and attributes, perks, and items with me from the get go. That way "I" don't have to go hunting for them again, skipping time 24 hours for a week just to see if the shop is going to have that one crafting recipe I REALLY like.

But why? It doesn't make any sense story wise, doesn't take you anywhere since your char is lvl 50 anyway... It's pointless. Unless the point is to keep complaining?

Issue with that is that you can always pick a mod that didn't ended up in the game and keep on criticizing. Plus mods don't have to realy worry about not working on all systems. But that's beside the point anyway... NG+ doesn't make sense.

I think its not that NG+ not being there isn't because they don't want to add it. Its so they have something to advertise for the NEXT update.

Remember, the goal of CD_Projekt Red is to keep you invested and playing this game forever so the best option is to drag out this stuff for as long as humanly possible.

No, it's not another "where's my NG+ REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" thread.

It's the opposite.

Can one of the people whining about it for a year now, explain to me why you need it? Especially in the game which you finish with maxed out character level, 20 in two most important stats, 15-18 in a secondary one, maxed out perks in key skill trees... There's nowhere else to go. Nothing more to improve. Game is finished. It's not like Fallout 2 where you had 99 levels and you were finishing the game on level 35.

What's the deal here?
U don't want it then stop complaining abt it.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, exactly, so you saying it's coming in 1.6 is just a guess and another rumour buddy. Just like there was a rumour that it was coming in 1.5 along with the next gen patch.
ok
Post automatically merged:

addendum to my original post for clarity:

The original post was created in American English, prefixed with the contextually understood (If I was the decider of the direction of this product).

You actually CAN do it... Just install mods!
After the Lifepath intro, give 50 level to yourself, and spawn some legendary weapons and You are done!

Anyway I still don't understand why a lot of players are always against new content or mechanics.
You don't like it? Ok, then don't use it.

Why spoil the experience for a lot of people, only because You don't like it?
Make no sense to me.

You actually CAN do it... Just install mods!
After the Lifepath intro, give 50 level to yourself, and spawn some legendary weapons and You are done!

Anyway I still don't understand why a lot of players are always against new content or mechanics.
You don't like it? Ok, then don't use it.

Why spoil the experience for a lot of people, only because You don't like it?
Make no sense to me.

Modifications will never be an answer... especially when I do not have access to install said mods from the game itself.

Oh wow... unofficial consultant intern creates another *free* +NG idea and grants 2 mod options per +NG (amount and quality of these mods depend on how the previous game is played of course).

Anyway, for those who want NG+, I'm quite confident that it will be added, but as in TW3, as a "free" DLC. So be patient, it'll certainly come one day :)

NG+ is in the files so its just a matter of time.

until then i will explore might city and just buy all the legendary weapons i can. i can always grind more money if i need it later

I honestly think that NG+ is only worthwhile if the game scales with you. The progenitor of NG+ (to me) being Diablo 2 with the "Nightmare" and then "Hell" difficulty levels. Indeed, once you've played that for a while "The game doesn't really begin until you make it to Nightmare".

But CP2077 doesn't really have that, and since the enemy difficulty/damage scaling is quite lazy (it's mostly just based on the level difference between V and the enemy) I don't think there'd be much point. If you've not been super-efficient about clearing all of the areas of the game, try taking your level 50 V and going back to the starting area of the game and do an NCPD scanner hustle or something that's listed as "Very Easy". You'll see what I mean, if the enemies don't scale then they're not going to be capable of threatening you and they will explode if you so much as say "boo" to them. Try downgrading to the lowest-level weapon you can find and removing all of your armour; I bet a level 50 V will still be one-hitting them and I bet they will still be barely scratching V in return.

Another thing that made Diablo 2 higher difficulties interesting is that there were still new/improved items available to collect. Of course, also, the progression was scaled so that you wouldn't be anywhere near max level after a normal-difficulty playthrough. In CP2077 the equipment you're carrying makes so much less difference to your overall lethality, because - once again - it's so heavily based on your level difference with the enemy. Also, there's so much content that it's easy to be level 50 in a single playthrough, and still with plenty of gigs to spare.

As the game stands, if CDPR implemented NG+ I think it would be far less interesting than just starting a brand new play-through. In NG+:
  • You'd have no items/equipment to collect
  • No cyberware worth installing
  • Nothing to do with your eddies
  • No new skills/perks to try out
  • Almost all of the enemies would be trivially easy to defeat
In order to solve those problems, CDPR would have to do a lot more than just "implement NG+", because they'd need to fundamentally change the way the game/combat/economy works. NG+ only makes sense if the game is built for it; CP2077 isn't.

NG+ is nice for people that don't 100% the game.
Not everyone reaches max level on the first playthrough, collects every legendary weapon/clothing items n so on.

They could also just bump up the max level, and the levels of the enemies to keep things interesting.

In CP2077 the equipment you're carrying makes so much less difference to your overall lethality, because - once again - it's so heavily based on your level difference with the enemy.
so that hasn't changed in 1.5 at all? There just was a rebalance to make it harder to get op?

Top Bottom