New Game+ - game crashes within 20-30 seconds

+
Hi,

First off, many thanks to CDPR for making this update for Witcher 3. The game looks much better now, and all the various updates and fixes are much apprecated.

However, the game is unplayable because of constant crashing. I made a new game +, and I've maxed out all the graphical settings in game, dx12. The game crashes almost immediately (20-30 seconds) after loading the save game. I got through the first cutscene (at Kaer Morhen) once, but hardly that.

My PC: Windows 11 (fully updated), 4090 Suprim X (latest geforce driver), 10600K, 32gb RAM, SSD. Clean install of Witcher 3 v4.0 with no mods added.

Looking forward to a patch, I really want to play this game, but it's not really playable at the moment.

Thanks.

Last edited:
All I can say is that in general directx11 currently seems to work more stable for a lot of people here. So if there are issues perhaps it is safer to go that road, at least for now.

That being said, overclocking hardware used to cause crashes and other problems in the old gen version (not always though). No idea if that has anything to do with your situation.

Here‘s the info from cdpr support regarding crashes:

As you can see they can be contacted by clicking on „contac us“

OK. However, I removed the overclock info, because that's a red herring (and superfluous). Everything is totally stable here. It's an issue with the game's dx12 mode, not my system. I don't overclock my GPU btw.

Thanks for the response.
Post automatically merged:

OK, I found the culprit! It's the DLSS Frame Generation function. Once I switch it off, the crashing stops.

Last edited:
Top Bottom