New Game+ is coming it seems

+
Can someone please explain to me what that NG+ thing is? I thought we had that in TW3 since you could play onwards after the main story is finished ... I'm confused.

Basically once you finish a play through, you can start a new one, but keep all your skills, gear, etc accumulated in the previous play through. So right from the start you'll be super powerful.

Now this is very true! I thought at first I won't be able to finish DM and as you progress the enemies are relatively easy but strong though.

As far as I understand it, the balancing problems are due to enemy health and damage bonuses if they are a certain level above you, and penalties if their level is a certain number below yours.
Personally I think this is really ridiculous because it means as Geralt levels up, not only does he gain buffs in terms of armor and weapons and skills, but lower level enemies get a huge reduction in their health as well! And with high level enemies, if they are 10 level or more above Geralt, they get a HUGE health bonus. As soon as Geralt then levels up once with a 9 level difference, suddenly that bonus is removed from the enemy, making it mush easier to kill than one level prior.

I am currently using a mod that simply removes those bonuses and penalties from enemies and already I find that the game balance is MUCH better!

I'm not too fussed about giving high level opponents bonuses, but giving the low levels penalties seems silly. Going to have to find a mod now

As far as I understand it, the balancing problems are due to enemy health and damage bonuses if they are a certain level above you, and penalties if their level is a certain number below yours.
Personally I think this is really ridiculous because it means as Geralt levels up, not only does he gain buffs in terms of armor and weapons and skills, but lower level enemies get a huge reduction in their health as well! And with high level enemies, if they are 10 level or more above Geralt, they get a HUGE health bonus. As soon as Geralt then levels up once with a 9 level difference, suddenly that bonus is removed from the enemy, making it mush easier to kill than one level prior.

I am currently using a mod that simply removes those bonuses and penalties from enemies and already I find that the game balance is MUCH better!

I have no problems with the scaling of damage and health of the monsters, the thing is if they are on the highest difficulty they must have atleast one or two new moves that will separate them from lower difficulties. Like some other games where the monsters are really insane when playing in the hardest mode. The thing is they are just purely strong and beefy when it comes to HP but their move set is the same all across difficulties and some are really dumb.

I really hope they reconsider NG+ as an important thing. After 160 hours on Death March there is no way i will restart the game with the crappy starting armor and stats.
Restarting with your latest gear and armor with stronger/higher level monsters would give the game a new challenge.

If they don't add the NG+, i think i will play the expansions with a savegame roughly at the same level required for them, but thats not ideal i'm still watching for a NG+ for a fresh start.

(and no MODS for me since i'm on PS4)

Please make New Game + a priority. Whether it's a simple "start the story over with all your upgrades and everything and be a God" type thing, or a completely rebalanced version. Either would be fine by me (though I prefer to be a God and just enjoy the amazing story and scenery)

Please make New Game + a priority. Whether it's a simple "start the story over with all your upgrades and everything and be a God" type thing, or a completely rebalanced version. Either would be fine by me (though I prefer to be a God and just enjoy the amazing story and scenery)
Seriously. I would be happy with the absolute laziest implementation of NG+ in Witcher 3 as long as it simply just exists.

I've only seen people online talk about the: "New Game Plus Mode". Equally as important, I'm on my second play through and don't know what New Game Plus Mode is? Who came up with it?

Also, I'm holding off playing TW3 until patch 1.07 arrives...

It means starting a new game with most of your skills and gear from the previous playthrough intact.

Which means that a dev have to replace all the enemies with an higher level, adding new items for the NG+.
And because there is no level scaling, it is even harder to do it.

Which means that a dev have to replace all the enemies with an higher level, adding new items for the NG+.

That would be preferable but not a must if all you want to do is to quickly get trough the story to redo all your choices without having to collect all your gear again.

To be clear CDPR, most of us just want to be able to start an NG+ on any difficulty and play as is... I don't need scaled monsters... loot, maybe, monsters no... I want to be Superman, thus the reward for a long slog albeit fun slog through the vanilla game.

Are you a fortune teller ? The devs will rescale and add at proper time . I understand already they are busy. Why are you desconsider the idea? A lots of people want ng plus including me .Why is it so hard to accept it? And after all it is a good ideea even an an iconic ideea if you ask me..... to play endless .

Last edited:
I still dont get why would Story based game needed NG+ so much. If u want to play again, then do it, experience different dialogues and choices, u will also have the knowledge how and where to get the best equipment asap. But why start over with the best equip and stats u can have when u will still go through the same story with or without ng+? I consider that part of game where u gradually improve your character as really importatnt and fun, start again with something I got at the end of previous playthrough and then doing everything again with it seems strange to me.

Last edited:
This is a "must have" mode for a game with these proportions... unless you're a rusher that just want to finish the main story of the game and don't bother finding good stuff...

I'm keeping my 1st save hoping that NG+ comes true...

Top Bottom