New Game+ is coming it seems

+
Any idea on how we can get a Q and A session with the dev that posts here about the NG+, like a live discussion not just a post and then abandonment?

Live discussions tend to get messy very quickly. In most cases it'll just be a million and one questions shot at rapid fire at the devs and they're going to struggle to filter out the nonsensical questions from the important ones, and even if they do their answers no matter what will enrage somebody. Communication via forums, like we have right now, is sufficient.

The responses from the devs are few and far between because quality is more important than quantity in this case, and they always have to be very careful about what they share to the community in an official capacity.

Live discussions tend to get messy very quickly. In most cases it'll just be a million and one questions shot at rapid fire at the devs and they're going to struggle to filter out the nonsensical questions from the important ones, and even if they do their answers no matter what will enrage somebody. Communication via forums, like we have right now, is sufficient.

The responses from the devs are few and far between because quality is more important than quantity in this case, and they always have to be very careful about what they share to the community in an official capacity.

That's a matter of opinion. However as I asked Dragonbird. Plus it doesn't answer the question. I do like the being careful bit though.

Will we get more skill slots with the upcoming DLC?

As it is right now i feel i have the ideal setup for my play style. Even if I have 50 more points i wouldn't change any of my slotted skills. For me at least after 49 skill points I will have no use for any more points unless more skill slot are added. I would be ok with it but i got to admit i would love to be able to actually use all the skill points ill be racking up when NG+ and other DLC comes out.

So are you allowed to tell us what you think would be a good idea to add to the game in NG+, Or being a moderator makes it so you can't do that?

Sure, I can have opinions :)
Equipment and knowledge (otherwise, no point). No to consumables (gives a little more challenge), no to quest items (obviously), and no to Gwent cards. I don't care one way or the other about money. I don't care too much about how it's implemented, as long as there's worthwhile new equipment/upgrades.

As far as Gwent is concerned, I definitely don't think it should be a way for players who failed to get the full set the first time to grab the last few cards to make the achievement, I don't want to start the game with a super-deck compared to everyone I play against, and I don't want to just play against a lot of people who also have full decks, with no collecting or challenge. That only leaves two options as far as I can see, either they revert your pack back to the beginning, or they add a lot of new stuff. Adding new Gwent stuff seems like a fair amount of work, and I'd rather they used that effort to develop a stand-alone Gwent game. So I'm happy with the decision to revert back.

Sure, I can have opinions :)
Equipment and knowledge (otherwise, no point). No to consumables (gives a little more challenge), no to quest items (obviously), and no to Gwent cards. I don't care one way or the other about money. I don't care too much about how it's implemented, as long as there's worthwhile new equipment/upgrades.

As far as Gwent is concerned, I definitely don't think it should be a way for players who failed to get the full set the first time to grab the last few cards to make the achievement, I don't want to start the game with a super-deck compared to everyone I play against, and I don't want to just play against a lot of people who also have full decks, with no collecting or challenge. That only leaves two options as far as I can see, either they revert your pack back to the beginning, or they add a lot of new stuff. Adding new Gwent stuff seems like a fair amount of work, and I'd rather they used that effort to develop a stand-alone Gwent game. So I'm happy with the decision to revert back.

I agree.

---------- Updated at 07:42 AM ----------

Sure, I can have opinions

Yep ....wise words!I agree too.

Any word on are money? Do we keep all that. We have earned?

Does anyone know if the DLC Wolf School Witcher Gear carries over.

What carries over?
Player experience (if you're below level 30 when finishing the vanilla game, you will be bumped to level 30 for the start of NG+), items (excluding: quest items, books & letters, Gwent cards, usable items, trophies), money and alchemy recipes.

When starting New Game Plus you can select any difficulty level.

You can obtain the Death Match achievement when playing the NG+ mode.

What's the starting level of the character when beginning NG+?
The same that you had when finishing the game, if above 30, otherwise you start at level 30. You also get a free Clearing Potion at the start so you can reset your skills and try a different build.

They are going to have to add at least 3 new skill slot and one mutagen slot, aren't they? Or are we going to just have an abundance of skills to choose from and have to pick and choose with each mission?

---------- Updated at 09:45 PM ----------

What's the starting level of the character when beginning NG+?
The same that you had when finishing the game, if above 30, otherwise you start at level 30. You also get a free Clearing Potion at the start so you can reset your skills and try a different build.

Does "When finishing the game" mean at the exact moment the end credits happen, or if we gain more stuff after that ending, we get everything from our last save. I ask because I went to all the undiscovered locations after I beat the game and found a lot of extra stuff and diagrams. Plus level 41 versions of the Skellige armor set.

What I'm wondering about is the skellige dlc armour. As it stands I cannot get it as I finished on lvl 36. Problem is though that once I start my NG play through I won't be able to get back to skellige before lvl 50-55 at the earliest and so it will be outdated once again. I think they will need to scale it up but not too much otherwise it's the same problem all over again.

Last edited:
What I'm wondering about is the skellige dlc armour. As it stands I cannot get it as I finished on lvl 36. Problem is though that once I start my NG play through I won't be able to get back to skellige before lvl 50-55 at the earliest and so it will be outdated once again. I think they will need to scale it up but not too much otherwise it's the same problem all over again.
You can buy it now, just can't put it on since your level is too low. And when all gear will carry over to NG+ you will have it and you'll only have to wait till you reach level 41 to wear it. But the Undvik armor (Skellige DLC gear) definitely doesn't need to scale it, especially up. It's already OP as hell against human enemies and probably be in NG+ too. At level 41 against guards at 54-55 normally guards can one or two shot me when I have about 6000 HP wearing Wolven gear. But Undvik armor has very high damage resistance. When you combine it with just the alchemy skill Protective Coating to get 25% protection the same guards deal about 60-110 damage. Adding to that Griffin decoction which increases the resistance to an upper limit when taking damage they eventually deal about 10-15 damage.

They are going to have to add at least 3 new skill slot and one mutagen slot, aren't they? Or are we going to just have an abundance of skills to choose from and have to pick and choose with each mission?

I actually think they shouldn't add more slots. I like this system. It means you can get a good build with limited skill slots, but you can get a ridiculously great one of you have enough skill points to pick the top tier skills in all trees.

No, imho, keep the 12 slot limit. It requires you to really pin down your playstyle.

I actually think they shouldn't add more slots. I like this system. It means you can get a good build with limited skill slots, but you can get a ridiculously great one of you have enough skill points to pick the top tier skills in all trees.

No, imho, keep the 12 slot limit. It requires you to really pin down your playstyle.

Yes ...You can get really overpowered with another 3 skill slot and 1 mutagen slot .It is better that the actual skill sistem to remain untouched.

I hope RED listen to you :D

People who want have an All-do Character can play Elder's Scroll. All-do characters are the nemesis of RPG.

I hope RED listen to you :D

People who want have an All-do Character can play Elder's Scroll. All-do characters are the nemesis of RPG.

Exactly, I must've bought at least 30 clearance potions... I'm constantly optimising my gameplay. Even after 36 levels and hours upon hours of play, I'm still unsure of everything :p

And that... is a sign of a really good skill system I think :)

I'm so ready for NG+, I've been waiting for it to play the through the story again as I didn't see the point of starting from scratch. Also, I can't wait to be able to use those shiny level 40+ items diagrams ;p

Tho' I'm wondering if we'll get new upgrade diagrams for existing school armors, and how items will scale with the higher levels. Cause as far as I can see, apart from the Skellige armor that is level 41, and some rare diagrams for items 40-45, there isn't much things to use.

I really hope we'll have some sort of upgradable starter armor too. Cause it looks nicer than most other armor that can be found through the game.

Top Bottom