New Game+ is coming it seems

+
Yep.. what sucks currently is that Death March is only difficult until like level 10. Then you can easily be overpowered for the REST of the game. I sincerely hope it's not like this in NG+!

i constantly try to gimp myself. First the only gear i take is witcher gear, if i find something stronger it becomes vendor food, second I use two 7% red mutgens, one 7% blue mutagen and one 150 hp green. i use a combat/sign build (mostly combat). without decoctions and toxicity boost trait combat can be rather hectic and fun.

Sorry for going a bit off topic here

Last edited:
@Marcin Momot

I think nobody asked that question before :

in the NG+ you will get the additional Place Of Power skillPoints?
lets say that you had 60 skill points when completed the game, so you will get additional +25 more from Place Of Power of the NG+?
that will make the character very OP and can learn all the 3 specs-tree without the need of reseting your skills!

imagine 95 SkillPoints + 25 = 120 total maxed SkillPoints that you can get in game!

so any thoughts about it?

People here often mix up difficult with annoying.

e.g.: Tougher gameplay with more harshly punished mistakes? --> difficult
e.g.: Revisit every spot you visited before again for better gear? --> annoying

Ultimately, it's up to the developers on how they fill this in, but me personally, i'd let the player keep all things that were grinded: skills, points, all items (except quest), gwents, all discovered locations (though not the items within them), alchemical formulae, bestiary and character description, armor/sword diagrams
To fill in difficulty I'd: Change the way enemies level (ie, never let them sink below your level, except the ones that are higher than you, those remain higher), change enemy patterns (eg 2 ekkimara's instead of one, or one stronger fiend supported by more smaller enemies instead of just the fiend) or place them differently like more archers widespread...

Of course, this is all easy talk. Because during development of this awesome, awesome game, there is never enough time or money nor pleasing everyone. SO in the end, it's the developers which choose how they go about doing what they actually CAN do. There's three things to a service: Cheap, Fast and Good, and you can ALWAYS only pick two.

The main problem i see is with NG+ is the skill slots all being unlocked by 30 doesn't leave too much reason to level. If they scale it right it wouldn't matter that you have strong gear or potions. once you enter NG+ you would feel like you where low level. The game does need to be a lot harder then it is on death march. If NG+ provides the same challenge as the previous difficulties it wont be much fun. The whole difficulty scaling is way off as it is now.

I guess NG+ could relock some or all of the slots until new required levels are reached or just add more. Even if it was just 1-3 slots with no mutagen link.

I really don't care about level up. I want my pg with my build, my oils and my potions ready to use...and an hard challenge like perma-death...that make me feel a big tension every time I have to fight. The fight doesn't need to be very hard...I mean...gerald is probably the best fighter in the world...he is very strong...but he has to pay attention because he can easy win...and he can also easy day if doesn't pay attention...and it's the same at death-march...I remember 1 time a die at level 26 against a group of monster of level 10...if the hit al together me...i loose almost half of my life..but if I play good I can kill all of them without get hit.

So it's okey this difficulty...with permadeath....

Last edited:
So here's my biggest question on the NG+ mode that's coming out.

Will we be able to reuse all 25 places of power again to gain those extra skill points?

I personally hope so but I'd understand why if not.

Will we be able to reuse all 25 places of power again to gain those extra skill points?

I personally hope so but I'd understand why if not.

I mean I think the max level you can go is 100, so it would make sense to have them(place of powers) all ready to use again in new game +. I can kind of understand why people might get a little annoyed because they think their character skill build will be way overpowered, but also keep in mind you have to have a specific number of point's in a set in order to unlock the next tier. My Geralt is a 37, and I don't even have the third row unlocked in the combat(red) skill tier. I'd like to unlock those at some point ya know? In fact, I'd like it all unlocked and fully max'd out, just to see how awesome my build can get. I figure I'll probably go up another 30 or so level's while doing a ng+ run which is gonna give me 30 points, on top of the 20 or so place of powers(is there around 20?).

NG+ excludes gewnt cards???

I was searching some info for the NG+ dlc and I saw on IGN that gwent cards are excluded when someone starts NG+. I did a 2nd playthrought and even thought I've beaten all the merchants and everything else I'm still missing some cards. Even after the patch 1.08 the trophy never popped for me. Can you at least make the random cards transferable and exclude only the ones you get from quests and side quests? That way if I have the same random card I will ge another one I was missing so I will get they trophy I deserve.

I'm playing on PS4.

Last edited:
I recently finished the game at level 35 and decided to take on 3 level 50 town guards and that felt about right balance wise or at least a lot better then normal mobs. I think they just need to buff level 30-35 mobs to have the stats of lvl 50+ and go from there. I had a lot more fun fighting those guards then i have had fighting anything in the last 20 or so levels

I mean I think the max level you can go is 100, so it would make sense to have them(place of powers) all ready to use again in new game +. I can kind of understand why people might get a little annoyed because they think their character skill build will be way overpowered, but also keep in mind you have to have a specific number of point's in a set in order to unlock the next tier. My Geralt is a 37, and I don't even have the third row unlocked in the combat(red) skill tier. I'd like to unlock those at some point ya know? In fact, I'd like it all unlocked and fully max'd out, just to see how awesome my build can get. I figure I'll probably go up another 30 or so level's while doing a ng+ run which is gonna give me 30 points, on top of the 20 or so place of powers(is there around 20?).

95 + 25 = 120
not 100

Marcin Momot confirmed on Twitter that there's no level cap.

And remember that 270 skill points are needed to unlock all skills. This will require at least another 3-4 NG+ playthroughs after the first NG+.

Last edited:
The main appeal for me regarding NG+ is to do a logical immersive serious role-playing run.
Geralts comes properly equipped and developed. No "newbie" witcher, but a character reflecting his journey up until this point.
That means skipping most side-quests and concentrating on the main story.

I really hope the Hearts of stone and Blood and whine can be played logically after the main story.

thats a nice Idea keeping it just about the main story in one playthrough ! I hope it is possible regarding the experience and lvls ...

Concentrating on just the prophecy and saving Ciri ;) ! So you dont get distracted from the epicness so much ;)

thats a nice Idea keeping it just about the main story in one playthrough ! I hope it is possible regarding the experience and lvls ...

Concentrating on just the prophecy and saving Ciri ;) ! So you dont get distracted from the epicness so much ;)

It is possible even in the standard game, that's why you end up with so many grey quests. No matter if you do all the sidequests or only main quest you end the game in the 30-36 range so the final quests arr neither red nor grey. (For most people that is)

When is New Game + out

Hi new to these forums

sorry if already posted but any date when "New Game +" out just finished after around 120 Hours but need to start a fresh with my gained gear

Thanks

Johnnyskullhead

Top Bottom