New Game+ is coming it seems

+
Current status at Twitter if you didn't see it.
https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/610503928032071680

Indeed, which seems odd considering the number of schematics for gear in the level 45+ range, unless they meant all of that to be for the future expansions.

I wonder why people default to thinking about Dark Souls when bringing up NG+. Did no one play Chrono Trigger?

Lots of examples for NG+ to choose from, it's just that not everyone plays everything, and Dark Souls is a more current game that also matches the profile of a game someone who would enjoy Witcher 3 might have played, therefore it is brought up. For instance, my example of NG+ would be Torchlight 2, as it's the only game I ever played where I actually bothered with it.

Last edited:
I'd love NG+ just to have the late armor, Whirl ability and Rend ability all at the start of the game. Whirl + Rend made the combat even more enjoyable to me.

Here is where I think other way. I would spend 2 x more money (than the base game) in course of next 2 years to get:
- expansions (like a new zone or something)
- to get more interactions with core characters (Yen, Ciri, Triss etc.) after the main story

Same.
I think the most players would gladly pay for it.
But (for me) only when the end has been fixed or will be fixed with one DLC/Addon...Seriously this needs to be done.

CDPR should really think about expanding the season pass or add real expansions/Addons in addition to the Season Pass content..
They have the chance. Regular income over years.

Last edited:
Dark Souls is the single best examples of how to do NG+ right. If you don't like it in Dark Souls, then you aren't ever going to appreciate the mechanic. Which begs the question - why not? NG+ makes a second and third playthrough way more interesting because the leveling curve is new, even if the story isn't.

Dark Souls is also terrible because of the fact the "real game" is in NG+ not in your first run where it should be and on top of that the balance is completely broken there with the majority of enemies being a joke while only a few bosses are a challenge.

There were plenty of Dark Souls fans who weren't pleased about NG+

This idea that CDPR is going to divert all their resources on NG+ to the detriment of every other fix that the game still needs is baseless.

The idea that they wouldn't divert resources that could be used to fix issues in the main game is just as baseless.

They can just put in you a new game with everything you've unlocked and change fuck all about the rest, which would be terrible, or they can take the times to adjust every enemy in the game in terms of damage/health/level along with adjusting the XP reward and level of every quest.

The former is pointless, the latter would be a colossal waste of their resources when the vast majority of people don't give two shits about NG+.

Last edited:
The thing that cracks me about this business is that I see people arguing against CDPR working on NG+ because it would take too much time and resources to set up difficulty scaling, but then I see others (often the same people) clamoring for CDPR to restructure the entire game to accommodate massive plot changes and additional content for romances that would require flying in voice actors, development of game assets, mocap, more cutscenes, etc.

Last edited:
The idea that they wouldn't divert resources that could be used to fix issues in the main game is just as baseless.

The assumption that everyone in a company works on the same thing is usually wrong. (people that fix game issues aren't always the same people that add features)

The assumption that everyone in a company works on the same thing is usually wrong. (people that fix game issues aren't always the same people that add features)

It's a matter for the gameplay team, you can argue all you want but there's limited resources available.

I see others (often the same people) clamoring for CDPR to restructure the entire game to accommodate massive plot changes and additional content for romances that would require flying in voice actors, development of game assets, mocap, more cutscenes, etc.

That doesn't devalue the argument. You consider NG+ a crucial thing while I, and many others, consider that CDPR should focus on fixing already existing issues and on improving the base game.

NG+ does nothing towards improving the game.

It's a matter for the gameplay team, you can argue all you want but there's limited resources available.

I'm not arguing, I'm making a statement, most of the time the people that add content are not the same people who fix bugs.

It sounds to me you are just upset that there are people around who don't want the same thing out of the game that you do, and you are afraid that those people might get what they want while you don't get what you want. You seem to think that what you want is automatically more important than what others want, which is fine, but it's only your opinion and that does not make it true.

It all depends on what CDPR want to do and if they also believe that the changes you or anyone else want actually would 'improve the base game' or if it's just not worth the time and effort. That goes for both NG+ and whatever else you may think would make the game better.

It all depends on what CDPR want to do and if they also believe that the changes you or anyone else want actually would 'improve the base game' or if it's just not worth the time and effort. That goes for both NG+ and whatever else you may think would make the game better.

Which is precisely why I am against NG+ because I would rather have them spend all their efforts elsewhere.

What I don't understand is all the super high level stuff in the game. So you expected us to not be able to use any of it, and just stare at it idly sitting in our crafting screen/inventory until months later when an expansion drops?

I've got a gnomish sword thats like level 41, it kills me that i cant use it. Am I supposed to kill enemies that give like 3 exp for hours and hours to get that high?

This is sad, but I respect CDPR for at least looking into adding it.

I got the bad ending on my first playthrough, and I'm itching to go through it again but with all my armour and current character level, I kind of don't want to start over again until I'm really bored.

However it does seem stupid that there is such ridiculously high level equipment in the game that can only be obtained through grinding. I have faith that down the line CPDR will eventually end up adding it though.

Because it's either meaningless fluff or they spend a good amount of hours to properly scale, level up and balance enemies, also handle quest XP. All of that time and effort could be spent better balancing the main game which needs it desperately, not some pointless fluff of a NG+.

NG+ sucked in Dark Souls as well, a great deal in fact.

Except that it's not meaningless fluff if it's something you enjoy. Myself and a lot of others would enjoy it, so it's certainly not meaningless to us

Which is precisely why I am against NG+ because I would rather have them spend all their efforts elsewhere.

But again, you don't know that the people who would implement NG+ are the same people who would implement whatever it is you're asking for, you're just assuming. (no one else outside of the company does either, but we also don't know if they don't already have NG+ implemented and just not activated)

I would love NG+. Ive finished the game on death march and there is not much use of last tier Witcher eq (its almost ending when you get it). I dont see any point on trying other builds with no stronger enemies. NG+ (all gear and level kept) with monster lets say twice the level is something i wish for. I really enjoy sword fightning and i would like to try all last tier sets on more ocasions and how they work in demanding fights.

I suspect a great deal of the work for NG+ is already done. They built the game for it from early on. That also explains the incredible overabundance of greyed out quests.

As soon as modders started messing around with the Witcher School Sets they noticed that changing the stats changed the level requirement automatically.

My best takeaway from that is that the scaling for NG+ is already built into the code for the armor and weapons already.

I wonder if they will find the same thing when they start digging into the damage and health values for enemies.

I'm yet to hear a good argument for why the game does not need NG+. Because it does.

I've spent over 100 hours levelling, creating armour, looting collecting and really want to go through the game again with all my progress. The difference between Wild Hunt and other open world RPG's is that this game is primarily story-driven.

This game demands multiple playthroughs because of the different choices, alternate endings and game difficulties. The post-story world is very depressing, its full of contracts and odd side quests and that's great, but the game if you ask me demands to be played through as a story driven experience. This is not an RPG where you can just fuck about killing NPC's, this game to me is one that needs your attention and rewards you for it.

My two-cents for what they're worth.

I'm yet to hear a good argument for why the game does not need NG+. Because it does.

I've spent over 100 hours levelling, creating armour, looting collecting and really want to go through the game again with all my progress. The difference between Wild Hunt and other open world RPG's is that this game is primarily story-driven.

This game demands multiple playthroughs because of the different choices, alternate endings and game difficulties. The post-story world is very depressing, its full of contracts and odd side quests and that's great, but the game if you ask me demands to be played through as a story driven experience. This is not an RPG where you can just fuck about killing NPC's, this game to me is one that needs your attention and rewards you for it.

My two-cents for what they're worth.

This!!! The post game world sucks

But again, you don't know that the people who would implement NG+ are the same people who would implement whatever it is you're asking for, you're just assuming. (no one else outside of the company does either, but we also don't know if they don't already have NG+ implemented and just not activated)

What I do know is that amount of resources any company is willing to spend on improving a game for free is limited. People cost money for their work after all and it's not like CDPR is just suddenly gonna throw unlimited cash on it.

It doesn't matter who would implement NG+, it matters that it would take away from the overall budget that CDPR has set up to improve the game post launch for free.

Limited resources means focusing on things that matter. NG+ is pointless compared to fixing the main game's balance issues, design issues and bugs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom