New Game+ is coming it seems

+
The appeal is just for the fun, in my opinion. I played the main quest line four times by now. Three times to see all the endings and one last time with the decisions and the ending I favoured the most. And because I love this game, I'd like to beat it once again with NG+ features!

Last edited:
Just found this in the gamefiles:

<!-- New Game+ DLC 1 armor -->
- (upleveled armor stats) -
<!-- New Game+ DLC 1 boots -->
<!-- New Game+ DLC 1 gloves -->
<!-- New Game+ DLC 1 pants -->

Does it only affect the starting armor or all?

I've never had a new game+ in any of my games.
If I were to start a new game+ in TW3, would I start out with all potions, oils and armors I have?
If it were to allow me to start out with the Nilfgaardian set, hell, that'd be awesome!

Last edited:
Even if CDPR up the level of monsters, you're character will still be OP with the extra skills you'll be able to invest in. Seeing how they balanced Death March difficulty, I can't see this being challenging at all.

Not sure how much I agree with this, given the way the talent system works with the maximum of 12 slotted. Sure, more points gives you more options if you know what you need to prepare for, and can slot your skills appropriately, but you can kind of do that already once you reach a certain point. In all 3 of my playthroughs, even before unlocking all 12, I've had more talents fully maxed than I had slots available for.

Upping the level of monsters sounds like an effective difficulty tweak.

Tuco

Forum veteran
I've been asking myself the same thing, I have no idea what the appeal is.

Even if CDPR up the level of monsters, you're character will still be OP with the extra skills you'll be able to invest in. Seeing how they balanced Death March difficulty, I can't see this being challenging at all.

Each to their own I guess. I don't think people wanting NG+ are looking for challenge anyway.
That's what I'm expecting as well and quite frankly I just can't see the appeal.
I'd rather see some "rebalanced edition", "hardcore mode" or something of that sort than a crappy NG+ with "You'll replay the whole thing with +35 levels on anything.
I don't like NG+ modes in games in general, but for a RPG of this sort is even less appealing than usual.

Then again, we'll see. I wouldn't complaint if facts would prove me wrong and they somehow managed to come out with the most amazing NG+ ever seen in gaming so far, but... Fat chance.

New Game Plus should introduce items beyond the regular playthrough and further upgrades to your favourite set. Enemies should be about the same level as you are when you finish the game
So... same stuff, bigger numbers? Got it.

Not sure how much I agree with this, given the way the talent system works with the maximum of 12 slotted. Sure, more points gives you more options if you know what you need to prepare for, and can slot your skills appropriately, but you can kind of do that already once you reach a certain point. In all 3 of my playthroughs, even before unlocking all 12, I've had more talents fully maxed than I had slots available for.

Upping the level of monsters sounds like an effective difficulty tweak.

There's already some kick ass builds floating around, I imagine with the extra skill points you'll be able to invest, you could combine a couple of these builds to make an ultimate build which is what I'm sure some peeps here are looking forward to with NG+. I mean combing a full blown combat or sign build complimented by an alchemy build could bring some devastating results. While fun at first, it would get pretty boring strolling through the game without much effort.

I don't know exactly how NG+ would work here as I haven't seen much info or had much experience with the game mode myself, but it's my main concern with the game mode.

---------- Updated at 12:27 PM ----------

I'd rather see some "rebalanced edition", "hardcore mode" or something of that sort

Agreed, I'd be much more interested in this type of thing.

Highly agreed... at 250 hrs on 1 playthrough... I can't bring myself to leave all of that progress behind for a totally new game... playing a fresh game with my old 250 hr Geralt would put me in another 300 hours, which would be amazing for a 60$ purchase!!!! CDPR is my new favorite devteam!!!! Fingers crossed for NG+

Last edited:
I think if NG+ wasn't coming, CDPR would've already told us so we don' get our hopes up.
I think they're just waiting for the time to officially announce it, which would be today.

I think if NG+ wasn't coming, CDPR would've already told us so we don' get our hopes up.
I think they're just waiting for the time to officially announce it, which would be today.

Why would it be today? It'll be released when the new patch gets released most likely, and we don't know when the 1.7 patch is geting released, sooo why would it be today? xD

Starting the game at level 35 with full Wolf school mastercraft gear and all my skills would make sense. form my point of view Geralt is not some young punk fresh out of Witcher school he is master of the craft and should have the gear and the skills to reflect that.

Tuco

Forum veteran
Starting the game at level 35 with full Wolf school mastercraft gear and all my skills would make sense.
It really isn't about "making sense".
It's about good game design. Once you start immediately with your full set of abilities unlocked and full geared, what's left for you to do?
Just breeze through the same game you already played, just this time in the most boring possible way?

Beside, even sticking to the "lore" explanation of being an experienced hero, "making sense" wouldn't really explain how suddenly every single shirtless brigand, nekker and mook would at very least match Geralt at level 35-something.

Starting new game with all the skill and equipment will make sense only if game will force us to use them. For example monsters with stun skill would use stun and after stunning kill geralt immediately. This would force us to use anti-stun decoctions and skills. Smaller monsters like nekkers should be so fast that without blizzard and Yrden it would be almost impossible to dodge their attacks. Big monsters should hit so hard, that without switching to heavy armour fighting them would be very frustrating or even impossible. and so on..
Having ng+ without challenge would be boring. It's action RPG, not adventure game.

Tuco

Forum veteran
Starting new game with all the skill and equipment will make sense only if game will force us to use them. For example monsters with stun skill would use stun and after stunning kill geralt immediately. This would force us to use anti-stun decoctions and skills. Smaller monsters like nekkers should be so fast that without blizzard and Yrden it would be almost impossible to dodge their attacks. Big monsters should hit so hard, that without switching to heavy armour fighting them would be very frustrating or even impossible. and so on..

But, as already pointed, something of this sort would be far closer to a "hardcore mode" rather than how NG+ modes typically work.

But, as already pointed, something of this sort would be far closer to a "hardcore mode" rather than how NG+ modes typically work.

Well, I wrote what I think would be fun in witcher.
Giving players all the skill to play with and giving them reason to use them - I think in this game would be fun. Without it it would be pointless. Armour sets would be only for looks. But if you could hurt heavy armoured enemies (like wild hunt) only with critical hits (as it should be) and survive fiends charge only in heavy armour..
I think every game should have NG+ tailored for it's design and mechanics. In action games it's sometimes only for completing achievements. In witcher it could be for more hardcore fans who want to go deeper into lore and playing a role of the witcher.

to be honest i don't think this conversation should be focused on what makes sense and what doesn't. For instance, i couldn't care less about the degree of "challenge" a game presents (i never play on the hardest levels of difficulty). therefore an additional difficulty level wouldn't make sense to me (i wouldn't use it anyway).......
..but of course that's just me, and it would be foolish of me to assume such an additional feature wouldn't make sense, simply because i wouldn't be interested in it.

Same goes for new game plus imo. i'd love to replay the game again, but i'm kinda put off by the idea of having to collect again all the diagrams for the gear and the potions. Therefore i'd love a "new game plus" feature (regardless of the lack of challenge of my second playthrough). But, again, that's just my personal opinion, and i can't assume everyone else should share it.

i think it all comes down to how many people would wellcome such feature. if there's enough "demand", then it would be nice if the developers would look into it and make it possible.

btw Tuco, u picked a fantastic nickname and avatar!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom