New Game+ is coming it seems

+
I'm not interested in this New Game + whatsoever...

The only reason I (and I assumed most other people as well) do multiple play-through's is because I want to do things differently, whether that's character development or weapon or gear choices, I thought that this was the general consensus of thought especially in a game like this with so many choices.
I don't understand why people would basically replay the whole game all over again with an IDENTICAL Geralt

Enemies and game itself scaling improperly is a much bigger problem in this game than a missing feature.

To be clear CDPR, most of us just want to be able to start an NG+ on any difficulty and play as is... I don't need scaled monsters... loot, maybe, monsters no... I want to be Superman, thus the reward for a long slog albeit fun slog through the vanilla game.

Yep this is what i'm looking for as well, i dont want to go and recollect everything from scratch, yes i want to be overpowered as hell and kill anyone with one hit :)

This is a "must have" mode for a game with these proportions... unless you're a rusher that just want to finish the main story of the game and don't bother finding good stuff...

I'm keeping my 1st save hoping that NG+ comes true...

A rusher?

A lot of these people asking for NG+ are on their 3rd, 4th even 5th play throughs?

I also agree with the new game+ just for 1 reason, being able to do the quest with Triss and get the 3 gwent cards that I didn't get the first time.

If you read it again you will realize that I agreed with NG+... Learn to read the whole sentence before quoting someone...

What does agreeing with NG+ have to do with what I wrote?

For the record, I don't agree this is a "must have" mode.

This is a "must have" mode for a game with these proportions... unless you're a rusher that just want to finish the main story of the game and don't bother finding good stuff...

I'm keeping my 1st save hoping that NG+ comes true...

Thats exactly what I did, I saved my first play through onto a flash drive, then started a new story!

Just gonna put what I put a while ago:

I'm yet to hear a good argument for why the game does not need NG+. Because it does.

I've spent over 100 hours levelling, creating armour, looting collecting and really want to go through the game again with all my progress. The difference between Wild Hunt and other open world RPG's is that this game is primarily story-driven.

This game demands multiple playthroughs because of the different choices, alternate endings and game difficulties. The post-story world is very depressing, its full of contracts and odd side quests and that's great, but the game if you ask me demands to be played through as a story driven experience. This is not an RPG where you can just fuck about killing NPC's, this game to me is one that needs your attention and rewards you for it.

Just gonna put what I put a while ago:

I'm yet to hear a good argument for why the game does not need NG+. Because it does.

I've spent over 100 hours levelling, creating armour, looting collecting and really want to go through the game again with all my progress. The difference between Wild Hunt and other open world RPG's is that this game is primarily story-driven.

This game demands multiple playthroughs because of the different choices, alternate endings and game difficulties. The post-story world is very depressing, its full of contracts and odd side quests and that's great, but the game if you ask me demands to be played through as a story driven experience. This is not an RPG where you can just fuck about killing NPC's, this game to me is one that needs your attention and rewards you for it.

Totally agree with you... I've spent more than 200 hours in this game levelling up signs and perks and building the best equipment as well... Playing my 2nd playtrough just now (actually I'm waiting for the patch to continue).. but if they announce today that NG+ will come, I stop playing for a while to wait...

+1 for this argument , I could not wrote better .I had spend 250+ .And I do not want to throw away and start again.

Yup. By the time I got the cool looking Mastercrafted armors, the game was near the end.

Yeah same here. I got my mastercrafted Cat armor just in time for the final fight(s). Gonna try Bear armor this time around since I didn't use it at all in my first playthrough.

I'm not interested in this New Game + whatsoever...

The only reason I (and I assumed most other people as well) do multiple play-through's is because I want to do things differently, whether that's character development or weapon or gear choices, I thought that this was the general consensus of thought especially in a game like this with so many choices.
I don't understand why people would basically replay the whole game all over again with an IDENTICAL Geralt

Enemies and game itself scaling improperly is a much bigger problem in this game than a missing feature.

Who says we're playing the game all over again with the same geralt? New game + offers you the chance to play around with different builds while allowing you to level up at the same time.

My first playthrough I wasnt able to have a complete build (all unallocated skill slots filled) until I was level ~31. By the time I was 31 I was already in Act 3 with less than 20% content left. Dare I say it, there is not enough content once you unlock all skill slots and acquire your desired mastercrafted gear

To be clear CDPR, most of us just want to be able to start an NG+ on any difficulty and play as is... I don't need scaled monsters... loot, maybe, monsters no... I want to be Superman, thus the reward for a long slog albeit fun slog through the vanilla game.

But this is not gonna happen, because it's not how a New Game + works.

I'd like to add my 2 cents to the discussion.

Firstly for me it doesn't make any sense that New Game Plus isn't something CDP Red is working on right now (with lower priority due to working on fixes and patches). If they didn't consider New Game Plus mode before the release the logic behind many gameplay decisions and solutions is really very, very flawed.

The whole skill system with so many skills, 3 different trees where you unlock each tier separately for each tree and only 12 slots for active skills at the time gives the impression it was designed specifically for NG+ (or even NG++ and further playthroughs to accumulate skill points) only where it could truly shine and be used with its full potential. Based on how they talked about the importance of preparation before fights with monsters, reading about it, learning their strong and weak points, vulnerabilities the real play and fun will begin at the moment when the monsters will be so powerful you will be forced to focus on preparation to the actual fight more than just put the right oil to the sword but also decide which skills will work the best and reconsider your current build, think about the tactic and strongly rely on the potions and decoctions to match the opponent. But this could be possible only when accumulating enough skill points to unlock all skills to have to choose from, which would take at least couple playthroughs. Giving the players so complex skill system while preventing them to unlock them all is a torture. Currently Death March difficulty is a joke after passing a certain level and enemies are to much predictable. With increasing the difficulty in NG+ and introducing some unpredictable behavior of the monsters in a fight it'd become much more interesting. From what I see people tend to stick to just one build that works best for them after gathering enough skill points and use that one build against every type of enemy rather to match the build for a specific enemy type every time. And reset the points and change the build to another mostly to try out different style.

In addition to skill system the leveling system with that infamous grey quests idea to reward the player only with 5 XP to prevent outleveling your character too much makes perfect sense only when you consider NG+. In fact it doesn't really matter if you outlevel your character because you can be already over powered on the quest matching level just with right combination of skills. Quests and rewards are designed to easily let player complete the game with level 30-35, clearing the map and random events could help to get 2-3 levels up. The base game's enemies and quests are set on levels 1-30, it could be possible to start NG+ with the world set up +40 levels and stretch it to make it set on levels 41-100 for example because in the base game it's very easy to get over the suggested level by just doing quest in order from the lowest suggested level possible and also become overpowered with some skills. And by getting more and more skill points and unlocking higher tiers in each skill tree your character can clearly become very powerful which would match stretching up the levels to not make it that easy. So there would be increased quest and enemies level and higher difficulty done by some tweaks like increasing enemies speed and reactions, new abilities to counter our actions rather than just changing attack power and health which is the cheesiest way. But all of that for sure would require a lot of work. I don't think there will be any sort of scale system for enemies level or quests, but it would be nice if low level quests and enemies could scale up a little if the difference is really big.

Another thing is some gear you find diagrams for is set on so high level it's impossible to get it legit without exploiting glitches for infinite XP to level up. Still having in mind the leveling system designed to allow you to get to level 35 fairly easy but preventing you or making it very hard and slow to level up further is the obvious clue that this gear is not meant for you to use on your normal playthrough. And REDs even put it further by releasing the DLC with Skellige heavy gear set on level 41. Except that there are swords up to level 46. And I think we can agree they're not meant for the expansion packs which should allow to level up with new quests. Releasing level 41 armor 3 months before the first announced expansion so you can now look at it while waiting 3 months to use it when you get new quest to get to that level doesn't make sense. We already know that expansions will bring new Gwent cards, so it's safe to assume they will bring also new equipment, preferably on higher level. And those unobtainable high level swords are in the base game.

I want to get back to the skill system for a moment. Since there is pretty much no end game content, at the point when you finally can create really nice build there's no enemies nor monsters you can try it on except guards which are always 12-14 levels above. This especially applies to any hybrid build which involves alchemy and the alchemy itself because it involves finding first a lot of recipes and also crafting those potions and decoctions so focusing on alchemy at the beginning is not the best choice. There's two big obstacles to start a new playthrough from the scratch. Losing all diagrams and recipes and building the character and unlocking the skills again. If just those two things could carry over playthroughs it would be enough to start again from level 1. I'd love to play again at least couple of times chosing doing quest in different order, making different decision but as it is it would be the same way for me in terms of building the character up to the point I am now plus I'd need to look for diagrams and recipes every time, so no, I'm not interested that much.

That's it from me. I suppose I forgot something I wanted to write about.

I still dont get why would Story based game needed NG+ so much. If u want to play again, then do it, experience different dialogues and choices, u will also have the knowledge how and where to get the best equipment asap. But why start over with the best equip and stats u can have when u will still go through the same story with or without ng+? I consider that part of game where u gradually improve your character as really importatnt and fun, start again with something I got at the end of previous playthrough and then doing everything again with it seems strange to me.

Play 250 hours and clear entire regions and you will get it...

How would a new game plus work though? If you import your equipment and formulae, what do you get rewarded with by exploring? What's the point of some of the quests? And you will have loads of overlevelled stuff if level does not import or if it does, the game will be far too easy even on Death March. Only solution would be to change the levels of the enemies and quests, but to what?

I had a bad ending, well, not super depressing, but middle of the road. Things did not work out how I wanted them to. So I immediately started up another game and ramped it up to "Death March". I really don't want to see a NG+. I am on my second playthrough and I have a ton to do. Plus I will no doubt get the DLC which will be HUGE. I would be more interested in maybe a battle arena or something else of that nature. Some way to continue to play and get better on a loop. I don't want to do all these same quests again, or explore the same areas. Maybe I'm in the minority with the hardcore fans that frequent this forum, but I feel the majority feel this way too. They are not looking to play this game 3, 4, or 5 times. In fact, once is all the vast majority will play. I think you should enrich their experiences than the few hardcore. I'm not saying you can't cater to them, but I think the priority right now should be that mass crowd playing this game. Find a way to keep them a bit longer even after the DLC. If you add NG+ much later down the road, you will appease those hardcore guys, and they will still be playing this game. For the rest, please focus your attention elsewhere for now. The masses, I feel anyway, don't want a NG+. Thanks.

The post-story world is very depressing,.
Totally agree, thats why I started a second play through, after story you're not with your choice: Yenn or Triss, your freekin alone. It was sad like a different game without the interaction of the story! Well said Surrendertothevoid!

Last edited:
Play 250 hours and clear entire regions and you will get it...
I would simply play it from the beginning. For me it just feels wrong to go multiple times through the story with the same Geralt (btw how should world react to another playthrough when you already made some choices?), at the end just somehow respawn with all the endgame gear and stats and repeat without worrying about getting good gear. So I dont see how ng+ is better in this game than simple new game.

Top Bottom