New Game+ is coming it seems

+
Witchers are not meant to be too powerful. It wouldn't fit within the Witcher saga.. Witcher's are rugged and have a struggle in monster slaying. NG+ would strip some of the RPG elements in making Geralt too strong.

Witchers are not meant to be too powerful. It wouldn't fit within the Witcher saga.. Witcher's are rugged and have a struggle in monster slaying. NG+ would strip some of the RPG elements in making Geralt too strong.

I've gotten the impression that many players already think that Geralt is too strong, even on Death March, once he's reached a certain level. So we might not be dealing with a scenario within which the game as-is provides a well-balanced Geralt which would be unbalanced by a NG+. Instead, it seems like we're going to have an unbalanced Geralt either way. I'd rather have an unbalanced Geralt with the option to play a NG+ than an unbalanced Geralt with no NG+ option.

The player has gone through the process of learning how to play the game, mastering the mechanics and skills. They've had to contend with arbitrarily thrown out numbers preventing them from equipping armour and weapons that they ought to be able to and they've been diddled out of "experience" again because of those numbers which will have slowed their progress and in some cases enjoyment of the game.

If a New Game Plus option allows them to enjoy playing through the game a second time with the equipment and skills that they've put the effort into acquiring then what's the problem with that? There's nothing stopping them from "role playing" the choices and actions of their character that they play - in this case Geralt. They're simply not getting fucked over as much by the level gating on equipment and scrabbling round for skills to be able to choose their playstyle and to instead enjoy a second playthrough of the game, exploring options and narratives without the arsing about improving the player character to then start to have some fun.

If anything - those rpg elements are holding the game back.

id love a new game plus I have 120 hours in the game and i have Wolf and Bear Master craft gear am working on Cat now

I have no reason to doubt that New game plus will find it's way to the game at some point. The only thing is that it could probably take a while. My reasoning:

1) The skill system is very flexible and allowing for NG+. You can only gain so much power, since you can only slot 12 skills. But finetuning your build (through having a lot of points and being able to pick high tier skills from multiple trees) can increase your power just a bit further! This is something you cannot do on your first playthrough. You can make good builds, sure, but you can't make a perfect one.

2) The cap is 70, and many weapons in game already are higher than most players can reach legitly. This wouldn't be done just for cheaters. It just wouldn't.

3) My view is that in the first game, your main struggles are the shortage of abilities for 90% of the game, and difficulty comes from learning the enemies and a restricted playstyle. i'm hoping in ng+, difficulty comes from enhanced AI (doubt it) and a LOT tougher enemies. This'll give you the skills to cope with 'm, but punish you severely.

4) Replaying the game with different choices is something that the makers would want you to do (I know I do). And NG+ would be a much more comfortable setting to do it in. You've worked hard for your stuff, why should you not be allowed to use it? I'm speaking for me personally that I don't have the time to replay this game over and over. I'm replaying it once again, for the different choices, because I screwed up on some of them (damn you, consequences! I didn't mean it when I said I loved yen, please come back, Triss!!). NG+ on deathmarch would sufficiently change the game for me to actually warrant a new playthrough.

5) CDRED is the most customer friendly company in gaming I know. I trust them.

6) I'd pay for it, and I know others would too.

Oh, I don't post here much, so I just want to say: RED, absolutely one of the finest games I ever played. Congrats, this game can earn Game of the year 3 years straight for all I care.

How nice can be to ask for devs ...for more? Because you can not stop enjoying and in this case it is The witcher 3 .How nice is , that a lot of ppl ask even if they have to pay for a feature that allow them to play more and not throw away those 250+ hour invested ?

How nice can be to ask for devs ...for more? Because you can not stop enjoying and in this case it is The witcher 3 .How nice is , that a lot of ppl ask even if they have to pay for a feature that allow them to play more and not throw away those 250+ hour invested ?
idk dude, I kinda like to start fresh.

That would end the 16 dlc as a grand and bold way abex81."One man can still hope and praise for that".

WolvenGear my post was.... written from another perspective/ perception dunno what you understood....underlining an emotion how you would had been feeling as a dev ...when seeing that ppl asking for more.Even a paid feature as ng+ and you post "idk dude, I kinda like to start fresh."......Well go ahead and start fresh.....

Last edited:
Hello. I decided to write this here. I'm not sure, but I found some interesting code lines in games files (v 1.07). Certainly you can try to use console in game to find out it is true. I didn't try. Only I read xml file :)

With file we can find out that 100 levels are available and we can get 100 points of experience from them.

<level number="1" requiredTotalExp="0" addedSkillPoints="0"/>
<level number="2" requiredTotalExp="1000" addedSkillPoints="1"/>
<level number="3" requiredTotalExp="2000" addedSkillPoints="1"/>
<level number="4" requiredTotalExp="3000" addedSkillPoints="1"/>
<level number="5" requiredTotalExp="4000" addedSkillPoints="1"/>
<level number="10" requiredTotalExp="9000" addedSkillPoints="1"/>

<level number="97" requiredTotalExp="3000000" addedSkillPoints="1"/>
<level number="98" requiredTotalExp="5000000" addedSkillPoints="1"/>
<level number="99" requiredTotalExp="7500000" addedSkillPoints="1"/>
<level number="100" requiredTotalExp="10000000" addedSkillPoints="1"/>

Based on it i think that NG+ will be required.

So guys the 16'th dlc is coming patch 1.08 is coming so what news did you find these days about ng+ or a possible Arena mod?
Remember that even in witcher 2 was required ng+ and was not implemented and still they added arena mod .how is gonna be with witcher 3? And what do you want more ?

Top Bottom