New Game+ is coming it seems

+
You get more connected to "your" Geralt. Also you can max out Geralt to preparate him for the Addons.

Whats the fun in that :p . I would rather start completely fresh. But i am glad they put it in for you guys. I have to say i am with @GabrieI on this one. I would rather have something else like a big quest that this... oh well

For me New game+ seems a bit pointless, i dont feel i need more skill point than i have now.
But quest level scaling is something i really need, i hope it will work with the "first" game, not just in New game+.

Make no mistakes, i'm not against New game+, it just not for me.

For me New game+ seems a bit pointless, i dont feel i need more skill point than i have now.

You don't have to think of it in terms of accumulating more skill points. For me, the appeal of NG+ is replaying the entire storyline in aesthetically pleasing armor, equipped with great-looking swords, and being able to concentrate fully on the story instead of obsessing over gaining levels so I can finally equip decent gear. I won't have to worry about the game ending two hours after I've acquired my mastercrafted armor. I can get entire playthroughs of enjoyment out of my gear now, instead of getting excited over a sword whose level requirement means I can only use it for the last two missions, or a new set of armor that looks great but can only be used to look good playing Gwent because the story ended an hour after I was finally able to equip it.

I respect that you have no interest in NG+, but there are many reasons to enjoy the feature, and not all of them have to do with maxing out skill points.

You don't have to think of it in terms of accumulating more skill points. For me, the appeal of NG+ is replaying the entire storyline in aesthetically pleasing armor, equipped with great-looking swords, and being able to concentrate fully on the story instead of obsessing over gaining levels so I can finally equip decent gear. I won't have to worry about the game ending two hours after I've acquired my mastercrafted armor. I can get entire playthroughs of enjoyment out of my gear now, instead of getting excited over a sword whose level requirement means I can only use it for the last two missions, or a new set of armor that looks great but can only be used to look good playing Gwent because the story ended an hour after I was finally able to equip it.

I respect that you have no interest in NG+, but there are many reasons to enjoy the feature, and not all of them have to do with maxing out skill points.

There are going to be gear with level 50 requirements, I guarantee it, probably something like Enhanced Mastercraft Feline Armor or some such.

I understand your opinin, we are differnet people with different priorities. The juoney to get all potions, bombs, oils, armors and weapons is more importent for me than using them for a long time.
There are going to be gear with level 50 requirements, I guarantee it, probably something like Enhanced Mastercraft Feline Armor or some such.
I think higher level witcher armors will come with the Expension packs.

ok, its confirmed...
Well i hope they do it right...its not easy to balance....

And what about the Items ?
More or less crap if we start new with full set gear.

Even if that's the case, I can now run through the game with decent gear from the beginning. Maybe not the "best" gear, but decent enough. I'm mostly interested in gear for aesthetic reasons anyway, so all I want is to be able to equip my Superior Feline armor from the beginning. I couldn't stand the idea of restarting the game from scratch and equipping those historically-accurate yet aesthetically hideous clown armors and beer-gut cuirasses until I hit level 14, or 17, or whatever the minimum level is for equipping Witcher School gear. I just want to look like an established Witcher for the duration of an entire playthrough. It helps me feel more immersed in the character of Geralt, who has been a Witcher for a long time and can probably look the part if he chooses to.

Indeed. New Game + is on the way. More details when they're available.

Who loves ya? We do. =)

Will you be able to get all achievemens in NG+ like the achievement you get from completing the game on Death March or will you have to do that on a normal playthrough before?

Game does not scale it seems super easy. And this NG+ even make it worst. I seriously doubt they will rework on the enemy scaling. It probably just a quick "Fix" so that you retain all your skillpoints when on NG+. I hope they rework the XP and some scaling too.

Higher level mobs, maybe harder difficult, new items (even if the itemization problem stays)...
Are you just guessing or what?
Because typically NG+ modes are just "the exact same game but everything has higher levels and you'll start keeping everything you had at the end of the previous playthough.
Which is usually complete garbage.

"Hey, it's even easier than before and with less things to do! But now with BIGGER NUMBERS!!!"

Man, I so hoped that the rumor was false and we were getting some hardcore mode or similar, instead.

Killing lvl 1-4 monsters when I am lvl 34 does not sound like much fun to me. I hope they rebalance the monsters or do a simple 10X everything like borderlands.

Are you just guessing or what?
Because typically NG+ modes are just "the exact same game but everything has higher levels and you'll start keeping everything you had at the end of the previous playthough.
Which is usually complete garbage.

Man ,i so hoped that the rumor was false and we were getting some hardcore mode or similar, instead.

I seriously DOUBT there will be higher level mobs, harder difficulty or even new items. Its most likely quick and easy way by just retaining your previous skillpoints and items. I hope CDPR can prove me wrong but i seriously doubt it.

Game does not scale it seems super easy. And this NG+ even make it worst. I seriously doubt they will rework on the enemy scaling. It probably just a quick "Fix" so that you retain all your skillpoints when on NG+. I hope they rework the XP and some scaling too.

Yeah, because a game featuring level scaling is harder.

Killing lvl 1-4 monsters when I am lvl 34 does not sound like much fun to me. I hope they rebalance the monsters or do a simple 10X everything like borderlands.
Well, no, obviously you will start at something like level 35 and the "weakest" creatures in the game will be level 35 wild dogs and so on...

In short, pointless bullshit.

Top Bottom