New Game+ is coming it seems

+
Are you just guessing or what?
Because typically NG+ modes are just "the exact same game but everything has higher levels and you'll start keeping everything you had at the end of the previous playthough.
Which is usually complete garbage.

"Hey, it's even easier than before and with less things to do! But now with BIGGER NUMBERS!!!"

Man, I so hoped that the rumor was false and we were getting some hardcore mode or similar, instead.

Yeah, I'm guessing.
I'm hypotetically saying what would be a good NG+ mod.

Well, no, obviously you will start at something like level 35 and the "weakest" creatures in the game will be level 35 wild dogs and so on...

In short, pointless bullshit.

To me NG+ nullifies the point of builds and if the creatures are not reworked to "scale" to Geralt's level it's just plain "god mode" cheats.

I just want 'Dark Mode' armour and weapon sets for New Game+ as they are sorely missing from Death March. I genuinely do think this will be a quick fix and not a full New Game+ which we'd all prefare.

To me NG+ nullifies the point of builds and if the creatures are not reworked to "scale" to Geralt's level it's just plain "god mode" cheats.

I hope it will be harder then the basic game.
But still there are some areas to revamp. The itemization, or the level os some quests. For example....who tought that it was good having level 14-15 quests in Skellige when you arrive there at level 18 or higher?

Oh. My. God.

I squealed like a ten year old girl getting a bunch of My Little Pony toys when I saw this on my Facebook feed. I had given up all hope...

Now for the real question: Are we going to be able to fill out and use our full skill trees so Geralt can be the badass Witcher we all know he is? i.e. unlocking more skill slots with each NG+ playthrough or something?

Well, no, obviously you will start at something like level 35 and the "weakest" creatures in the game will be level 35 wild dogs and so on...

In short, pointless bullshit.

Lol what is even the point. A wasted free DLC spot imo. I get what kinch_dedalus is saying though. That you can wear what you like at the beginning.
It helps me feel more immersed in the character of Geralt, who has been a Witcher for a long time and can probably look the part if he chooses to.
But i didnt even get to keep my stuff from TW2 and now we get this...

Anything would have been better than this. Arena mode, a quest.. something new.
Well it is free so i guess i can't complain to much.

Oh. My. God.

I squealed like a ten year old girl getting a bunch of My Little Pony toys when I saw this on my Facebook feed. I had given up all hope...

Now for the real question: Are we going to be able to fill out and use our full skill trees so Geralt can be the badass Witcher we all know he is? i.e. unlocking more skill slots with each NG+ playthrough or something?
It won't be a different game, you know? Uou'll just start with several talents already unlocked and with everything more or less increased by ,say,+35 levels.
That's it.

And "feeling badass" surely wasn't an issue for Geralt previously, anyway. If anything, he tended to be way overpowered already.

So, if re-scalling all enemies to your level means a dog or a dronwer will be always as strang as me... why the hell I'm leveling my character? Why I need to learn about bigger monsters? why I need potions? or stronger weapons?

So, if re-scalling all enemies to your level means a dog or a dronwer will be always as strang as me... why the hell I'm leveling my character?

I don't think it has been confirmed that enemies will be scaled to your level.

Oh. My. God.

Yeah, the dream of powerplayers.

Lol what is even the point. A wasted free DLC spot imo. I get what kinch_dedalus is saying though. That you can wear what you like at the beginning.
Which personally I would even count as a downside: I mean, it's the same game, with levels inflated for everyone, the balance most likely even more messed up and... A lot less to do, since you'll either have all the sets already (which forces you to little to no variety) or you'll have to gather their revamped version... Which sounds ridicously boring "Hey guys, after 100+ hours of NG+ finally I crafted the exact copy of the armor set I had at the beginning!".

I know it sounds like I want to be the the party pooper at all costs, but I can't help but wonder if all the people cheering for this... thing do even realize what a NG+ mode actually implies.

This is not Diablo, it can't be sustained just repeating the same thing from start to finish and pumping up numbers. I'd take a "rebalanced hardcore edition" over this half-assed concept.

So, if re-scalling all enemies to your level means a dog or a dronwer will be always as strang as me... why the hell I'm leveling my character? Why I need to learn about bigger monsters? why I need potions? or stronger weapons?

You should aks to everyone who want a stupid level scaling system..

Which personally I would even count as a downside: I mean, it's the same game, with levels inflated for everyone, the balance most likely even more messed up and... A lot less to do, since you'll either have all the sets already (which forces you to little to no variety) or you'll have to gather their revamped version... Which sounds ridicously boring "Hey guys, after 100+ hours of NG+ finally I crafted the exact copy of the armor set I had at the beginning!".

I know it sounds like I want to be the the party pooper at all costs, but I can't help but wonder if all the people cheering for this... thing do even realize what a NG+ mode actually implies.

This is not Diablo, it can't be sustained just repeating the same thing from start to finish and pumping up numbers. I'd take a "rebalanced hardcore edition" over this half-assed concept.

You do sound very miserable but that's ok, so do I. I really hope this isn't just a half assed 'Here you go, now shut up' type of deals. The previous 15 free DLCs haven't been much to shout about but hey...16th time's the charm right?

I don't think the idea is of scaling enemies to your level.
It's more something like "Instead of starting the game at level 1 you'll start it at level 35 (or so)" and then every single enemy/equip in the game will be a "bigger" version of its previous self, with +35 levels (or so) added on top.

Last edited:
Uhm, ok.

I think you misunderstand what NG+ actually does. Enemies don't have to scale to your level in order for NG+ to be implemented. We know absolutely nothing about how CDPR are actually handling this feature.

I know what's it each of them. I'm only trying to understand those who ask for a re-sacling enemies level... Thank you ;)

I don't think the idea is of scaling enemies to your level.
It's more something like "Instead of starting the game at level 1 you'll start it at level 35 (or so)" and then every single enemy/equip in the game will be a version of the previous self with +35 levels (or so) added.

It has to be like this

Top Bottom