New Game+ is coming it seems

+
So what exactly does this mean? Is there going to be any new content or is it about having the option to start a new game with end game items and lots of gold?

Usually, a NG+ allows you to keep your level, your skills and in some cases you armors and schematics.
The monsters are usually tougher to offer a new challenge to the player.

That's it, in other RPG i've played.

But we don't know what kind of NG+ CDPR will do, i'm really curious.

Last edited:
Oh I see, thats what its about.

Hmm doesnt really sound like my thing. I´d very much prefer a new quest or something but I understand that this will probably please many people so why not : )

New Game+...A big thank you to all the good people at CDPR for this wonderful news! :thumbup:

This is Skyrim all over again and i loved that game.

Can someone explain to me what NG + is?
Basically you can start over with all the things you had while finsihing the game?
Wouldn't that be too easy?

We don't know what carries over yet. Most likely just your level, points, and gold. Would be great if some equipment and diagrams carried over, take out some of the grind. But I doubt it will be easy when the monsters will probably be level 40+

Usually not, because an RPG usually doesn't have a NG+.
Because a NG+ simply doesn't fit the genre.

Ok, it's my opinion i edited my sentence, you happy now?

I like NG+ in general not only in RPG (the last i remember was Mass Effect)

Besides, my answer was to Tuco, don't know why you answered but...... it's ok

Would be real fun if this New game + would include Dark Mode (aka perma-death), or an option for it - now that would be a challenge ;)
So far, happy with anything though - cheers CDRP for all your efforts!

They said they wanted to go out with a bang, so let's hope this NG+ isn't going to go out in a whimper.

They have a perfect system already to build upon, dark mode. Use those concepts and it'll be great.

We don't know what carries over yet. Most likely just your level, points, and gold. Would be great if some equipment and diagrams carried over, take out some of the grind. But I doubt it will be easy when the monsters will probably be level 40+
I hope all alchemy diagrams for potions, oils and already crafted decoctions (as the mutagens needed to craft those can be missed, especially ancient leshen, doppler or succubus) will carry over so you can go into alchemy build from the start which is impossible in base game. Plus make a different choices in those quests.

We just need a higher difficulty to acompany this .... I wouldnt mind keeping my gear and stats if there is actual challenge... newgame+ needs to be at least as hard , preferably even harder to not spoil the fun on the combat side....

im waiting for the first expansion to start a new playthrough.... I hope there will be a new difficulty until then....Dark Mode?

Last edited:
Dark Mode (aka perma-death)

Except that Dark Mode did not have a perma death feature... being able to reload was basically the only thing that set it apart from "Insane", well and the OP armor sets that made it even easier...

Besides I fail to see how anything in this game could present a challenge past lvl 35... since the balance is completely broken at that point. The 48 archgriffin will still be stronger than any "green" enemy you'll encounter in NG+ and you know how long that mob lasts...

Pretty sure perma-death was tested during development before they decided to do away with it because it didn't work with the game.

Wouldn't hold my breath on that. We may get a higher difficulty than DM as a bonus, but permadeath? Doubtful.

*sigh*
at least it will make many other people happy. now lets hope that things like bruxa etc will appear in expansions when not in DLCs

I hope all alchemy diagrams for potions, oils and already crafted decoctions (as the mutagens needed to craft those can be missed, especially ancient leshen, doppler or succubus) will carry over so you can go into alchemy build from the start which is impossible in base game. Plus make a different choices in those quests.

Yup. I don't get the opposition to this. I think a lot of people would like to replay the game and make different choices to see the different consequences and content, and to be able to run an alchemy build from the start, and not have to hunt certain potion formulae, etc.,

Even if they just give us the most bare-bones implementation (and I hope it won't be that), it's still a great feature.

Oh yeah baby...does this mean I'll finally be able to use all those cool level 46 swords I crafted? I don't know...on the one hand it's great that we'll finally get NG+, on the other hand I get the sinking feeling with most of those DLCs that they were simply cut from the original game and patched back in later.
I mean, what sense did I make to be able to craft gear you'll never ever be able to use? Don't think it was intended for us to wait until the big DLCs, because I'm sure they'll bring an even higher level cap and even better gear with them.
Anyway, glad it's finally coming, gives me another reason do a third play through!!!!

Top Bottom