New Game+ is coming it seems

+
Typically I don't use the ng+ feature but with all the content I missed on the first playthrough I'm really looking forward to it. Thank you cdpr just made a great game even better!

Was hoping for a new difficulty mode personally. NG+ makes no sense given the game's structure. I know lots of new fans wanted it so that's cool they get a popular feature. I hold out hope they consider rebalancing Death March, or adding something like Dark mode in one of the expansions.

Was hoping for a new difficulty mode personally. NG+ makes no sense given the game's structure. I know lots of new fans wanted it so that's cool they get a popular feature. I hold out hope they consider rebalancing Death March, or adding something like Dark mode in one of the expansions.

Well, its more of an rp feature so players (us) can still identify with same character from the first adventure. The mechanic is more of a feelgood one and possibly progression if they do anything like that, but still in the end a glorified second playthrough.

I'd hold off the criticism until we see what CDPR actually come up with. It could be a really rudimentary New Game + that adds very little or they could give us something with some unique touches that add to the experience and give the game even more replayability. They have earned my trust, so I am excited for it!

I don't know if anyone else is in this boat, but I cant keep doing comprehensive 150+ hour playthroughs. My schedule simply doesn't allow it. My hope is that this New Game + mode allows me to rollover all of my stuff so I can do new, shorter playthroughs when each expansion comes out. It may be bizarre in the case of an RPG, but I am no longer really interested in doing the whole scavenger hunt/minor side quest thing. I only have time for main quest + major character side quests. So, if the new game mode allows for it, I will rollover my current big playthrough as the foundation for two more: one for when each expansion comes out.

Last edited:
Can you stop calling bullshit or garbage something other people may like please?
No.

I don't see what "other people like it" has to do with being good.

---------- Updated at 02:09 AM ----------

Leveling mechanics in many RPG's tend to strike me as artificial and immersion breaking. I understand and respect that leveling is part of the RPG genre's DNA at this point, and I don't mind it when there's a narrative rationale for using it. If your character is young and inexperienced, or if your character suffers some trauma that renders them incapable of recalling their past, then I can tolerate leveling up from nothing because it's part of that particular character's narrative arc.

CUT

If NG+ allows me to replay the game while retaining my levels and gear, I get to play the game as I would have preferred to play it from day 1: as a veteran witcher with access to decent gear
Despise all the effort you put in making your argument sound well rounded and reasonable (even starting with a premise I agree with, as I argued against a leveling system myself several times) your reasons are at odd with reality.

You aren't giving up leveling with a NG+ mode, since you aren't starting the game at level cap with everyone else on par.
You are just repeating the whole level ordeal inflating the numbers.

"Oh, my Geralt is now a level 35 beast from the beginning"
Woah. Great. But so will also be any lousy wild dog, wolf or drowner around... Not to mention everything else following the starting zone will be even higher in level.

Last edited:
Thank you CDR! You deserve all the success you have and beyond! You listen and you act, what a refreshing difference from the rest. You showed them how its done, no matter how much they try! Thank you! MASTERPIECE!

---------- Updated at 03:32 AM ----------

I don't get those guys that says the game doesn't need NG+... but there're people that want it... why they shouldn't do it for those people? Simple: Don't want it don't play it! Stop been selfish...

Bitches will complain about anything mate. As for me, I would pay for this masterpiece all over all over again. Happily.

Will New Game+ include our skills AND gear or just the former? Because I'd love to wear my Witcher gear from the start, that's main reason I'm excited for this feature. Everything else apart from the default armor looks weird on Geralt IMO. If it's just the skills we retain I probably won't bother.

Difficulty upscaling would make this ohh so sweet. :thumbsup: At this rate I'm not gonna touch Fallout 4 till some time late next year!

I believe this could of been better if you imported a save from the witcher 2, you retain your levels and gear and if you started a new game with out importing, you start at level 1 with memory lost like in witcher 2.

That'd be a dream come true, but hey! NG+? dam started my second playthrough too soon! .. rushed my first play through because i couldn't do side quest or take it slow because the game would keep black screening and forcing me to hard reboot my computer. luckily with 1.07 patch it seemed to fixed that issue. only crashed once so far since i updated to 1.07 and it was due to running out of memory. (accidentally left minecraft running while playing witcher).

Last edited:
I'm hoping you'll be able to get Gwent cards that were missed. Puhleeeeeease, please, please!

This is useless. I hate playing a SP game again with a story behind, I cannot find a new enthusiasm in that. Thats why I asked for a multiplayer game in TW3.
Thats the only way you can finnish the single player story and then play with the MP for years with the same purchase. I had been playing GTA for almost 1 year and still playing, and we know there are people playing for almost 2 years

You said: "There's no place for multiplayer in so strongly a story-driven game as The Witcher 3, We want to focus on the single-player experience, delivering more than 100 hours of truly immersive gameplay. Geralt can be only one."

Ok now the game dev. is over. Why cant you focus on MP now instead of a boring NG+ ??????

Why do people want NG+ in a totally singleplayer game that is extremely story based? You make no good argument for why there should be MP in TW3 besides "because there should be". I hope CDPR never does that. Maybe for an Endless Arena mode MAYBE, but nothing for the actual story, that'd be really weird.

Last edited:
Why do people want NG+ in a totally singleplayer game that is extremely story based? You make no good argument for why there should be MP in TW3 besides "because there should be". I hope CDPR never does that. Maybe for an Endless Arena mode MAYBE, but nothing for the actual story, that'd be really weird.

Stop ! And think about on more points of view ,cause you only hold to yours and it is not fair .You did not read the older posts ? Do you godamn know how much ppl asked for ng+?How can Devs can take in consideration everything you write here?And in fact it is a grand DLC . If you do not like ,do not use it .And you do not make a good reason why it should not be either so ...STOP winning !!!
Among Dark souls . Bloodborne, Demon Souls , Arkham Knight it is he witcher 3 wild hunt with NG + it is something big for this game and it is not my godamn problem cause you do not like the idea and it won't be any good reason to be included in your case but it is yours and that it is your thruth.

I do not like any bit alternativellook for Triss for example ....I do not use it but I accept it ...for example.

---------- Updated at 05:06 AM ----------

I hope CDPR never does that.

Why because you say so ?you are the most important GURU from here?....How can Devs can take in consideration everything you write here?You do not have a clue how much ppl asked for this and I am not talking about this forum...IT IS A DLC ! DO NOT USE IT and let ppl enjoy cause a lot of ppl are thrilled.

Last edited:
At first, I did not believe that NG+ would be a good add-on for CDPR to waste time on when they could be doing other things to polish the game itself story-wise, but, having to do all that work to get the mastercrafted Wolf Armour again would be a pain in the ass, but I am interested whether CDPR would add more armour sets like they did in the dark mode setting for W2 or just make the current sets upgradable for the NG+ mode, we shall see soon enough.

or just make the current sets upgradable for the NG+ mode

I will be fine to see this and increase the hp and damage from foes with a bigger value on all dificulties.Because already the items scale with Gerald level so it must be with mobs and bosses .

Last edited:
I'm wondering what was an original plan for last DLC? 'Cause it seems like CDPR switched to NG+ due to requests

I'm wondering what was an original plan for last DLC? 'Cause it seems like CDPR switched to NG+ due to requests

If there was an "original plan," it was probably just another contract or alternative costume, based on what has come before. Personally, I'd rather have the NG+ mode. It has the potential to genuinely extend the life of the game, especially when the expansions come out. While I enjoyed the contracts like "Skellige's Most Wanted," they only take about 15-30 minutes ...

NG + is good if I don't need to be collecting witcher gear again (that was tedious) and difficulty will rise up.

Thanks for it CDPR, I appreciate you guys working on the game instead of spending this summer on the beach with a cool cocktail in your hands. :hatsoff:

Why are people constantly assuming that "difficulty will raise up", exactly?
Because everything we've seen about the game so far seems to suggest that the more Geralt levels up and unlocks new talents/equip/mutagens, the more overpowered he becomes.

What lies behind this assumption that just adding X levels (i.e. +30) to everything in NG+ will change that?

I haven't even completed my first play-through yet lol. I will be getting Fallout 4, but with possible extra difficulty with this NG+ mode, that might take me longer than this play-through and I have taken ages already because I like to search every nuk and cave on every island.

Other games such as Fallout 4 and Just Cause 3 might have to wait a while for me lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom