New Game+ is coming it seems

+
Why are people constantly assuming that "difficulty will raise up", exactly?
Because everything we've seen about the game so far seems to suggest that the more Geralt levels up and unlocks new talents/equip/mutagens, the more overpowered he becomes.

What lies behind this assumption that just adding X levels (i.e. +30) to everything in NG+ will change that?

And what makes you assume that the difficulty will not raise up, since we have NO information from CDPR on how their NG+ will work?

Last edited:
I wonder how they will scale equipment in NG+? I hear quest rewards and equipment you find via exploration scales with level? But I know Witcher gear are at set levels. Does that mean Witcher gear will be useless in NG+?

The witcher gear have the best stats but it has to be rescaled to Gerlad's level situated in the game .It are some swords that have better stats than mastercrafted but it are ought to be found in the quest with Philippa .Progresivelly it can be scaled also like how scales the relics..At level 35 for Skellige armor you need lvl 45 so it is +10 levels per item .The nilfguardian guards from white orchard are lvl 45 and with mastered ursine gear I quarelled with a quard and from 3 hits I was dead.But still everythin else are easy wolves,nekkers,drowners it must be added a larger number of foes with a proper hp and damage .

All in all the game must be rebalanced because it is way to easy even on deathmarch .I hope the ng+ or a patch will nerf Gerald or something.And my irelevant opinion is that Gerald's talent has to be nerfed more

Last edited:
I wonder how they will scale equipment in NG+? I hear quest rewards and equipment you find via exploration scales with level? But I know Witcher gear are at set levels. Does that mean Witcher gear will be useless in NG+?
I'm fairly sure that every set will have an "upgraded" version, stat-wise.
Hard to say if you'll have to craft them again or they'll just bump the stats on what you already own.
In the second (and in my opinion most likely) scenario, it's also unclear if they will bother just with the mastercraft tier or this "upscaling" will work also with the intermediate ones.

Damn, @Dragonbird, you just deleted a lot of comedy gold.

Last edited:
My bad ......I was to bold ....afterall my statements are irelevant in the face of Tuco's facts and for this I am truly sorry good Sir .I am chill and stil happy because of NG+.
Cheers guys :D

oh wow they're actually releasing ng+ as the last dlc? I got to admit I really wanted it in the first place but after playing bl2 the past couple weeks... just no too much repetition for me. However, it will be nice not having to acquire gwent cards/crafting items/ diagra,s/etc all over again that was a pain after my 1st playthrough.

Ah I dunno.. I'm sure a lot of people wanted this but I feel for people who have already finished the game on deathmarch and done every single question mark or side quest and still found the game easy.. NG+ is completely useless and irrelevant :( Doing all that shit again is just long waste of time lol, I would be much happier for new content and stuff todo :)

Omg, this is... perfect.

I finally finished my first playthrough, and because of bugs, my own oversight and lack of knowledge of the story, some things were done wrongly. I really didn't want t start another game because I didn't want to spend 3 quarters of it being as powerless as I was at the start. Now I've finally settled on a good build at Lv36, and I really don't want to give up my power!

The thing is, I only just did the Lv48 griffin fight. And it really got my juices pumping! for the first time, I was challenged again and had to think and react!
I'm really hoping that this NG+ offers me more challenge, while still giving me the tools to handle that challenge!

I'm excited, weeeeee! thank you project red! Definately the best gaming company I know of out there at the moment.

I remain skeptical for now... balancing is a delicate issue within the game already. I really wonder if they manage to handle it with New Game + and the coming expansions. CDPR has never done anything like this.... this will definitely be interesting.

:listen:

Last edited:
Despise all the effort you put in making your argument sound well rounded and reasonable (even starting with a premise I agree with, as I argued against a leveling system myself several times) your reasons are at odd with reality.

You aren't giving up leveling with a NG+ mode, since you aren't starting the game at level cap with everyone else on par.
You are just repeating the whole level ordeal inflating the numbers.

I think you're misinterpreting the nature of our exchange. I'm not formulating an "argument." Nor am I particularly concerned with anyone else's estimation of how "reasonable" I sound. I'm simply trying to authentically convey my thoughts on why NG+ will probably be fun for me. Maybe my ways of having fun with the games I play seem reasonable to others, and maybe they don't--it is of little consequence to me. I'm not here to persuade anyone that NG+ is fun, or that NG+ is reasonable, or that NG+ has a point, or to otherwise submit my ways of having fun to other people for their approval.

And my problems with leveling will be ameliorated by not having to start leveling from scratch. I can live with a game mechanic that reflects the natural tendency that human beings have to continue accumulating knowledge and developing their skill sets. It only becomes particularly problematic for me when a character is artificially and arbitrarily set at level 1. NG+ will still involve leveling--that's fine with me, as long as that leveling doesn't involve losing all of my skills and leveling up from nothing. Veteran witchers can still learn new things, but they don't have to have somehow forgotten almost everything they ever knew in order to do so.

Omg, this is... perfect.

I finally finished my first playthrough, and because of bugs, my own oversight and lack of knowledge of the story, some things were done wrongly. I really didn't want t start another game because I didn't want to spend 3 quarters of it being as powerless as I was at the start. Now I've finally settled on a good build at Lv36, and I really don't want to give up my power!

The thing is, I only just did the Lv48 griffin fight. And it really got my juices pumping! for the first time, I was challenged again and had to think and react!
I'm really hoping that this NG+ offers me more challenge, while still giving me the tools to handle that challenge!

I'm excited, weeeeee! thank you project red! Definately the best gaming company I know of out there at the moment.

Agree with you 100%. That's what i hope from a NG+.

And the REDs are Awesome :D

Also, this NG+ kind of reminds me of mass effect 3. You didn't start of as a Lv1 with 0 points, If you imported your mass effect 2 character, you got a bunch of points already :)

I know, I know, other company, but still...

Anyhoo... People can like this or don't like this, I don't care. But from what we've seen so far, has CD project really done anything half-assed? I have full confidence that they'll scale the enemies to our power. Wether or not they'll scale the quests, that's another thing. That's just inherent about the game.

Top Bottom