New Game+ is coming it seems

+
I was really excited when I found out NG+ was confirmed. Then my heart sank shortly afterwards. After all the complaints about Gwent cards CDPR doesn't let Gwent cards carry over? You gotta be *BLEEP* kidding me? WTF is the purpose of NG+ then? Claywhich merchant still not fixed, frame rate in the toilet on PS4, 3 playthroughs and still no Gwent trophy and now this? I *BLEEP* hate Gwent now. Another thing that is unfair is rewarding players with the Death March trophy in NG+. This is a smack in the face for players who actually earned it beforehand. This makes the trophy meaningless now. I have lost all faith in CDPR and am done with them. The Witcher 3 was my favorite game and now I *BLEEP* hate it because of Gwent cards, bugs, and programmers that clearly don't have the technical skill to fix game breaking issues. I had so much respect for CDPR, but that is gone now. It is clear to me they don't give a *BLEEP* about us. Uninstalled The Witcher 3 and will never buy another game from CDPR again.

Attachments

• serveimage.jpg
    serveimage.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 50
Thank you. This is great news.
Very interested in a little more details on the New Game + leveling process. Should we expect to be Level 65-70 by the end?
Will Monsters simply start at Level 30 instead of zero....so the game's difficulty is mostly the same as the first playthrough?

I've prolly failed at searching, I am sorry for that, but I have a question, if you dare to guess here with me :)
I was planning on second playthrough, because, to be honest, everything did not work out in a way, I would like to, ie. I wanted a new, "better" playthrough, decisions wise, this time with gwent, which I've sorta missed on the start and then I couldn't beat anyone, of course.. so, I was still waiting and waiting as new DLCs were coming by (to not miss on another lvl 10 content, later on) currently on level 5, can you try to guess, if this newgame+ would give me an opportunity to do all the decisions, but with previous savefile, ie. I will just classically retain the xp, items and other then that, it will just be like starting all over, if I would do it right now, "just the items, xp, money, skills" ? If not, I would have to do one playthrough for decisions and second ng+ for .. well, everything, xp, to prepare for exppacks and so on )
Thoughts ? Ty!

I was really excited when I found out NG+ was confirmed. Then my heart sank shortly afterwards. After all the complaints about Gwent cards CDPR doesn't let Gwent cards carry over? You gotta be *BLEEP* kidding me? WTF is the purpose of NG+ then? Claywhich merchant still not fixed, frame rate in the toilet on PS4, 3 playthroughs and still no Gwent trophy and now this? I *BLEEP* hate Gwent now. Another thing that is unfair is rewarding players with the Death March trophy in NG+. This is a smack in the face for players who actually earned it beforehand. This makes the trophy meaningless now. I have lost all faith in CDPR and am done with them. The Witcher 3 was my favorite game and now I *BLEEP* hate it because of Gwent cards, bugs, and programmers that clearly don't have the technical skill to fix game breaking issues. I had so much respect for CDPR, but that is gone now. It is clear to me they don't give a *BLEEP* about us. Uninstalled The Witcher 3 and will never buy another game from CDPR again.

I don't know if laugh or...what.

Could you please clarify this a bit more? When you say "elixirs", does this include decoctions too, or just potions? What about oils and bombs? Thanks

He was replying to me and I asked specifically about potions so I would assume they are included. I took it to mean any crafted alchemy item which includes bombs.

I understand your anger since the Claywich merchant is a problem for me also but Witcher 3 is the best game I have ever played. You cannot deny that. Also it's very insulting and provocatory to attack to the dev team in such a way. They battled with this monster for almost 4 years. It's really unfair for them. Think yourself in their shoes and then someone else to attack you the way you just did. The solution is PATIENCE. I believe they will fix these bugs. The game consists of so much algorithms that if you change something a whole another section will change as well and badly. AGAIN PATIENCE.

Also, this NG+ kind of reminds me of mass effect 3. You didn't start of as a Lv1 with 0 points, If you imported your mass effect 2 character, you got a bunch of points already :)

I know, I know, other company, but still...

Its the same concept because NG+ isn't a new concept at all. A lot of older RPGs had and even the new Batman games have it. NG+ is such a great feature and I love it when games include this!

@Marcin Momot
I know it's a little bit to early to ask, but could you tell us if NG+ will allow to multiple playthroughs while accumulating skill points and carry them over to another NG+ playthrough (like NG++ and so on, kinda like in The Last of Us and it's upgrades), or it'll be more like Batman: Arkham series NG+, just one NG+ and that's it? I'd love to play the game at least 5 more times with the goal to unlock all skills. And there are 270 skill points needed to max out all skills.
The created elixirs should carry over as well.
I hope it'll apply to created decoctions as well. Especially those 3 very missable due to only 1-2 opportunities to get the mutagens and very difficult moral choices.

Overall I'm so happy with it. Thanks to entire RED team.

Well this is jaw dropping!! Your'e kind of people are less required. Good bye! Will purchase your copy of W3 expansions and Cyberpunk!

I have one request for CDPR when going through with NG+ mode..

For those of us who may NOT want to participate in the NG+.. It would be great to allow us to increase level/difficulty of enemies so that the new expansions would be more fun and challenging..

I really like this game and want it to be a challenege when the new expansions come out.. However im not so keen on putting another 150+ hours into it, doing every single sidequest, collection every single gwent card, searching every nook and cranny for items etc etc..

I think this needs to be adressed for those who want higher level enemies but dont have the time to replay the game..

Regarding some of the questions that appeared since yesterday, here are the answers.

Enemies will be stronger, obviously.

What carries over?
Player experience (if you're below level 30 when finishing the vanilla game, you will be bumped to level 30 for the start of NG+), items (excluding: quest items, books & letters, Gwent cards, usable items, trophies), money and alchemy recipes.

When starting New Game Plus you can select any difficulty level.

You can obtain the Death Match achievement when playing the NG+ mode.

What's the starting level of the character when beginning NG+?
The same that you had when finishing the game, if above 30, otherwise you start at level 30. You also get a free Clearing Potion at the start so you can reset your skills and try a different build.

Please reconcider the gwent cards, thats the only reason I want NG+. I missed 2 during the quest a matter of life and death.

Theres no use for NG+ beyond stuff like this. Theres nothing extra.

I need it for the trophy, I have already done all the work. Theres no need to kick us in the teeth like that.

Last edited:
This is fantastic for me because i completely ignored Gwent the first time, and also had a quest or two bugged in my journal. Now it looks like I will truly go for the completionist playthrough on NG+

My biggest wish was gear and recipes, and it looks like CDPR took care of both. Fantastic stuff.:cheers4:

I usually replay my favourite RPGs several times and I've never had difficulty remembering my earlier choices when presented to me, even after years. Can you seriously not remember without aid?

Please reconcider the gwent cards, thats the only reason I want NG+. I missed 2 during the quest a matter of life and death.

Theres no use for NG+ beyond stuff like this. Theres nothing extra.

I need it for the trophy, I have already done all the work. Theres no need to kick us in the teeth like that.

no news for you maybe but there are a lot of players who could not care less about gwent but are still excited for NG+

Top Bottom