New Game+ is coming it seems

+
Theres no use for NG+ beyond stuff like this. Theres nothing extra.

There is definitely a use. Geralt is the most renowned and probably the most successful Witcher known across the land. It was immersion breaking for me that he was a low level, unskilled Witcher with terrible armor and weapons along with no knowledge of the best Witcher alchemy at the start of TW3. I understand this is a game mechanic in order to incentivize progression but in the end playing NG+ with all of the skills, equipment, and potions I have earned equipped will feel like a much more proper start to the game as I undertake a replay.

On the topic of the Gwent cards I see both sides of the argument. These are cards that you have earned in the game. However several of them are also subplot rewards and you would probably not undertake playing the same people again if you already had the cards. Admittedly I am speaking from inexperience with Gwent as I do not enjoy it but to me a Gwent quest reward being stripped is the same as not starting with Kiera's lamp. Quest/plot device item.

EDIT: I do think that you should retain any purchasable Gwent card that you obtained directly from a vendor for Crowns and that is probably the appropriate compromise here.

Last edited:
I was only interested in this mode because I missed the three gwent cards from the masquerade ball in order to complete the collection.

Last edited:

Guest 3841733

I was really excited when I found out NG+ was confirmed. Then my heart sank shortly afterwards. After all the complaints about Gwent cards CDPR doesn't let Gwent cards carry over? You gotta be *BLEEP* kidding me? WTF is the purpose of NG+ then? Claywhich merchant still not fixed, frame rate in the toilet on PS4, 3 playthroughs and still no Gwent trophy and now this? I *BLEEP* hate Gwent now. Another thing that is unfair is rewarding players with the Death March trophy in NG+. This is a smack in the face for players who actually earned it beforehand. This makes the trophy meaningless now. I have lost all faith in CDPR and am done with them. The Witcher 3 was my favorite game and now I *BLEEP* hate it because of Gwent cards, bugs, and programmers that clearly don't have the technical skill to fix game breaking issues. I had so much respect for CDPR, but that is gone now. It is clear to me they don't give a *BLEEP* about us. Uninstalled The Witcher 3 and will never buy another game from CDPR again.

I'm pretty sure you will be playing it again once NG+ arrives.

Well, i hope that it will be tough, maybe add a scaling system to accompany it, as the main game is easy and there is no point in playing it for the third time without any challenge... I may try out some mods to make it more difficult, but we will see... i hope the either release a new difficulty with it, or rebalnce a bit the new game +.

So does that mean that witcher gear won't carry over? Because doesn't that defeat the purpose of ng+ if you have to do everything and earn everything again?

So does that mean that witcher gear won't carry over? Because doesn't that defeat the purpose of ng+ if you have to do everything and earn everything again?

Marcin said:
What carries over? Player experience (if you're below level 30 when finishing the vanilla game, you will be bumped to level 30 for the start of NG+), items (excluding: quest items, books & letters, Gwent cards, usable items, trophies) and alchemy recipes.

Witcher Gear is equipment (generalized as items above) not "quest items" or "books and letters" or "Gwent Cards" or "usable items" or "trophies'

Usable items is the closest parallel but that is a category that applies to food and drink items. There has already been clarification that crafted Alchemy items will carry over, not just the possession of the recipes.

No doubt crafted Witcher gear, assuming it is equipped, will carry over. I would assume that stash items that do not meet the above exceptions also carry over.

I am hoping the Witcher gear carries over as well but perhaps we get to find better versions of those when the treasure hunts become available. Maybe tier 2 standard, enhanced, superior and master crafted. But this would still cause an issue with the Wolf gear having its first two levels at Kaer Morhen. Really hope they change that. Still seems silly to have them there.

My question is because the witcher gear is obtained through quest, so was wondering if that meant that they wouldn't be carried over. My friend said that more than likely they meant the lamp and other quest items.
Thank you for your quick response. Very excited, haven't played in over a month waiting for all the dlc and patches to settle in.

Also any word on whether you'll receive the starting armor? I lost mine by setting it down. Also the ability to level up this gear would be nice, I thought that the wolf school gear was going to address this. Still think it looks the best.

I was really excited when I found out NG+ was confirmed. Then my heart sank shortly afterwards. After all the complaints about Gwent cards CDPR doesn't let Gwent cards carry over? You gotta be *BLEEP* kidding me? WTF is the purpose of NG+ then? Claywhich merchant still not fixed, frame rate in the toilet on PS4, 3 playthroughs and still no Gwent trophy and now this? I *BLEEP* hate Gwent now. Another thing that is unfair is rewarding players with the Death March trophy in NG+. This is a smack in the face for players who actually earned it beforehand. This makes the trophy meaningless now. I have lost all faith in CDPR and am done with them. The Witcher 3 was my favorite game and now I *BLEEP* hate it because of Gwent cards, bugs, and programmers that clearly don't have the technical skill to fix game breaking issues. I had so much respect for CDPR, but that is gone now. It is clear to me they don't give a *BLEEP* about us. Uninstalled The Witcher 3 and will never buy another game from CDPR again.
Lol yea sure the whole point of The Witcher 3 and New Game + is all about the gwent cards. Gwent cards are for the main focus of the game. Forget about the story and other aspects of the game. Why didn't CDPR focus more on the gwent cards? THE DANG GWENT CARDS???!!!!??? (The whole point of this post is focused on sarcasm)

Gwent cards don't carry over... welp no NG+ for me. Time to uninstall TW3 :|

---------- Updated at 04:14 PM ----------

My question is because the witcher gear is obtained through quest, so was wondering if that meant that they wouldn't be carried over. My friend said that more than likely they meant the lamp and other quest items.
Thank you for your quick response. Very excited, haven't played in over a month waiting for all the dlc and patches to settle in.

Yeah I had that thought too as it is a "quest-able" set of items. That said it is also level 34 gear at Mastercraft and the base level for NG+ is 30. It seems backwards to strip you or armor and swords that were largely end game content in the vanilla playthough.

They might be quest-able but they are not "plot' items and I think that will be the defining difference.

Attachments

• serveimage.jpg
    serveimage.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 52
I still think there should be exclusive items for this mod, like the Dark Mode in TW2, in order to justify it, and not be just a "do the same thing you did in the normal playthrough, but with less things to do".

Lol yea sure the whole point of The Witcher 3 and New Game + is all about the gwent cards. Gwent cards are for the main focus of the game. Forget about the story and other aspects of the game. Why didn't CDPR focus more on the gwent cards? THE DANG GWENT CARDS???!!!!??? (The whole point of this post is focused on sarcasm)

I know a lot of people don't like Gwent and that's fine. Hell, I was one of them too. But after actually getting the hang of Gwent and playing it and wrecking everyone with the initial deck in my second playthrough... feels good man. That's why I hoped they would have Gwent cards carry over so we could just get the cards we may have missed due to failed quests so we could get all of them in the game, but I guess CDPR wants to keep the difficulty on that one, which is fine with me.

Every move CDPR has made with this game at this point has been awesome, so I don't really see a need to "question" their decisions.

That wouldn't be fair to the people who actually took the time to get the trophy the right way. You know by getting all the Gwent cards in one play through.

Last edited:
Gwent cards don't carry over doesn't mean the trophy itself can't be cumulative. Collecting all gwent cards again makes sense because there are quests related to it. But it's possible that they could make the trophy pop when you collect in NG+ just those cards you missed previously. Maybe stop complaining and focus on finding a compromise like that. The solution like that would solve all the problems for anyone who missed any cards due to glitches (like Zoltan's card or missing key to free Claywitch merchant) but wouldn't break the gwent quests.

Last edited:
Top Bottom