New Game+ is coming it seems

+
That is not true. almost every single tavern owner (quest related and not) give a reward of at least one card. So that means that these unaccounted for quests (simply go beat them and win a card without a quest) will give you quests. In fact you can find all cards this way or you can find the majority by buying them from the vendors. Just like recipes for alchemy. You can either find them or you can buy them.

My point is hunting through the world and beating 50 vendors is not very interesting or challenging and they are not actual quests. Each of the areas has a players of gwent quest so you still get to enjoy the challenge of playing various people in the world just not dozens of them.

If they do let us keep our world cards then it would be good to upgrade opponents in NG+ by giving them 1 or 2 'rates'.

That's almost certainly a no. All the inventory items are different and the leveling skill system is different, and cannot carry over. Unless you'd be okay with starting off with just the default items

I guess he means in terms of initial world state (you know, Letho-related quest and stuff...).

Yes, that's what I mean. Just save-game state from W2 like you normally import into the W3. No items or anything. As you're starting the story completely over, I don't know why it couldn't be done, but I'd still like to have confirmation.

I think so. (There is a link here normally to a reddit post with "Legendary Wolven Armor", but it won't let me quote it, because I have too few posts, so it was removed, to reply. -Osantir)

Isn't that just the Wolf School armor? It looks the same to me. And that post was from a month ago.

My point is hunting through the world and beating 50 vendors is not very interesting or challenging and they are not actual quests. Each of the areas has a players of gwent quest so you still get to enjoy the challenge of playing various people in the world just not dozens of them.

If they do let us keep our world cards then it would be good to upgrade opponents in NG+ by giving them 1 or 2 'rates'.

I think you just want to find something to nit pick and argue about and that you won't let this go. It isn't your game, you are not the one developing this game. You will take what you get or simply don't play. You didn't HAVE TO pay for this game, you don't HAVE TO play it. If you don't like what they are giving to us then move on. There are plenty of other games out there. However I suspect you're going to stomp your feet around like a little child and say "NO I WANT WHAT I WANT AND I WON'T STOP UNTIL I GET IT." kind of chat.

As far as the vendors not being very "interesting or challenging" so what. That's your opinion. There are 3,999,999 more people out there that bought this game that would probably in the majority disagree with you. You could make an argument that every single quest in this game is not fun by what you're saying. So the question is --->why are you here? Why are you playing this game? Why can't you accept the creators of this games way of doing it? <---- all rhetorical.

You're asking too much for the word "Free" on this. You're asking for an entirely new game FOR FREE. Which you do not deserve. They are for profit not non-profit. Learn what that means.

Last edited:
Just wanted to add my voice to the cries of "Thanks!"

But also please CDPR - let us keep the gwent cards that took us so long to get

Witcher fans forever unhappy.

CDPR: Here, have this fantastic thing, that you requested for a long time completely free!
Fans: But I don't want to collect gwent cards from scratch.
Me: Well, f*ck you.

Thank you, devs. This is fantastic! I think this game was fantastic at launch and anything you did extra is a miracle for me. That is more then anyone on game market provides. It is a pity that some people prey on such attitude and bitch about the smallest details and their own pet peeves.

Last edited:
Wither fans forever unhappy.

CDPR: Here, have this fantastic thing, that you requested for a long time completely free!
Fans: But I don't want to collect gwent cards from scratch.
Me: Well, f*ck you.

But we really don't want to collect gwent cards again from scratch. There's no fun in doing so. That's the point you perhaps fail to understand.

This one poor design decision breaks the enitre NG+ concept, because it becomes un-fun. Quite simple really....

Yes it does. I agree with him
So the whole concept about NG+ has been ruined by not implementing the continuation of the gwent cards? What about other bigger and more important aspects about the game, like the storyline? Isn't storyline and actually starting a new story with current equipment more important than just some gwent cards? I don't know where your priorities lie. Just don't play NG+ if you think gwent cards are more important than the story.

Yeah, sure, the gwent thing is a bit of a grind. I'm hoping they'll fix that yet.

But if it isn't so, then, well... so be it. You can make a perfectly fine deck by just visiting all te shopkeepers which sell cards, that shouldn't take too long. And just go visit all shops before you start the first missable card quest.

Had I known of NG+ before i started collecting all gwent cards in my first run, I wouldn't have done it, but be honest, if you've already done more than one run, you like the concept of the game and you have no right nagging here about how bad the game is or how repeptetive something else is.

In short: Please carry gwent over, but if not... meh.

Is 16th DLC NG+ is Pre Planned OR ???

I just want to ask CDPR that is NG+ is decided 16th DLC or you guys change the 16th dlc due to NG+ game demand ??

I really thought that Night to Remember Bruxa kill is going to be 16th dlc but I am surprised to see NG+ as a last dlc as NG+ is never there in any previous witcher games.

I am just curious that is really NG+ is the pre planned last dlc or CDPR cancelled the last decided dlc due to NG+ demand or technical problem ???

hmm I am quite sure that they cancelled original decided dlc due to NG+ demand & they started working on it where they delayed the patch 1.07 release due to whatever reason is.
As at 1st free dlc's news they have stated that they going to release 2 dlc's per week but they suddenly change the plan & started releasing only 1 dlc per week :(
as well NG+ dlc is not ready yet that means something is fishy ;)

yehh & seriously at least at this point NG+ game dlc is a bad idea where people are still suffering from game quest bugs & other bugs too.

Last edited:
So the whole concept about NG+ has been ruined by not implementing the continuation of the gwent cards? What about other bigger and more important aspects about the game, like the storyline? Isn't storyline and actually starting a new story with current equipment more important than just some gwent cards? I don't know where your priorities lie. Just don't play NG+ if you think gwent cards are more important than the story.

Basically, it just hits the soft spot of the Collector in all of us.
People love to collect things (escpecially guys).
We collect everything - girls (just look at Geralt), cars, games, pens, watches, swords, you name it.

Now we have this beautiful collection of Gwent cards, that we worked long and hard to get, and it's being taken away from us? NO WAY. NO HOW.

Imagine you've been collecting car(d)s for the last 10 years.
Then you move into a new house, and you have to leave all those car(d)s behind to get scrapped. How would that make you feel?

Last edited:
Imagine you've been collecting cars for the last 10 years.
Then you move into a new house, and you have to leave all those cars behind to get scrapped. How would that make you feel?
Lol I understand that you are a collector but they are too much of irrelevancies. You can't compare some digital gwent cards to cars and houses. Seems like you gotta collect the gwent cards all over again, or you don't have to play NG+ at all.

Lol I understand that you are a collector but they are too much of irrelevancies. You can't compare some digital gwent cards to cars and houses. Seems like you gotta collect the gwent cards all over again, or you don't have to play NG+ at all.

Ever heard of a game called World of Warcraft? Or Bejeweled? Or any other FTP game with microtransactions? Magic the Gathering Online?
Do a Google search on how much money silly people spend on 'some digital' cards/mounts/items.

I bet you my bottom dollar, in some cases you could buy a good quality actual real life car for that.

Just a digression, but be careful what statements you make. In this day and age 'digital' has value and can be compared!

You're not losing your collection, you can always load your current game and get them back and play GWent. If you start a new game now, you won't have gwent cards, when I started my DM 2nd playthrough, I had to recollect the gwent cards if I wanted to play gwent. There is no difference here, it's a new game.

Top Bottom