New game mode idea "rush"

+
So I was thinking that a kind of attack and defend mode would be fun for gwent. The idea is you move your army onto the other player's rows, if you have more points on the row before, and once you get past their ranged row, you score more points. So lets say you start out with both playing on the melee row, if you play a 6 point card, and your opponent plays a 5, you can then start to play into their melee row, because your own row is stronger. etc.

As to if this would actually work is questionable, because it would be very different from normal gwent. Thoughts?

You have an idea and present it here, but without giving any further explanation about the reasoning behind it and, more importantly, how it works. So, there is not much to go on for a discussion.

On a side note, isn't "Rush" a misnomer? Shouldn't the mode be called "Skirmish", or something? Rush makes me think of the current (Draconid) seasonal mode.

Yes, definitely need more details on how it would work. Right now I cannot imagine how it could possibly work, based on the description.

So lets say you have 15 points on your melee row, and your opponent has 10 on theirs. Due to you having more points, you can begin to play units on THEIR melee row, so this wouldnt add to their points, the way to increase points is to have more points PER ROW. so if you have 5 more points on their melee row than your opponent at the end of the match, then you have 5 points. While on your opponents row, you will be competing for having more points than your opponent on that row. If you do get more points, you can then move to the ranged row that your opponent controls. If you push even farther than that, you get another 10 points, say.

So at the end the score is calculated by how much you are beating or losing to your opponent on each row, and if you got extra points from being past the ranged row.

Sorry for the crap explanation earlier i needed to get it out because i had work. Therefore overall points is irrelevant. It only counts if you have more than your opponent, and if you get the "rush" bonus for playing past their ranged row.

Obviously this is a rough outline and has problems, but that is the basic idea

Top Bottom