New Game Mode Suggestion: 2 V 2 Team Battles (with rules).

+
New Game Mode Suggestion: 2 V 2 Team Battles (with rules).

I suggested this in another post, but I thought up more detailed rules. If the devs like it they can make adjustments as they see fit and find a way to implement it. This will be a completely separate game mode that players will have the choice to play.

1. You can choose a player to team up with in the main lobby (Gwent will need a main lobby and chat system please...) This will allow you to think up strategies and adjust cards as needed and talk to your partner before you start the game. When both of you are ready, you click the "Ready" button and you go into matchmaking mode to find other players (or bots? In case no one is in pairs...).

2. The game board size will double and stretch out horizontally while also zooming out a bit to make room for the second team member. Gwent's current system already allows you to hover cards or click them for more information, so I don't think smaller cards will be a problem because you can still access the card information if you need it.Perhaps there could be a line going down the middle of the board just so you can distinguish your cards from your partners.

3. The reason the board will stretch out is because there will be four players in a game, with 2 teams going against each other, so the board will have to be big enough to support the extra cards from your partner. The game will alternate between two players, then switch to the other team. So blue team player 1 goes first, blue team player 2 follows, then read team player 1, etc.

4. The game will stretch out to the first to five wins since you essentially will have a second deck available to you with more cards (5 is still uneven so no draw games). However, you will only be able to look at your partner's cards and message them to make suggestions while it is their turn (maybe their deck pops up similar to how you replace cards so you can see what they are doing and make suggestions). You won't actually have access to picking/playing their cards yourself (obviously).

5. If you put down a weather card it will still affect all cards on that row for all four players. Alternatively, if monsters are played and you play a breed card, it will duplicate both team members cards as well, and if the enemy plays a card to remove monsters of the same type it will affect both team members cards on the field as if they were one person. In other words, the rules in place now from the 1 on 1 duels will carry over into team games, the only thing that changes is that you can peek at your partner's deck during their turn and the game board is larger.

6. The game will take all cards on the field from both team members and add it to the total score, so you will share a single combined card score. The team with the highest number wins.

Hmmm... I think that is all I can think of for now. Anyways, I think that team duels would add a lot of fun and complexity to the strategies, plus you can play with up to four friends this way, or at least with a second friend and play against 2 randoms.

I think the game will be unbalancable for multi player. The one thing I can think of is having some All Kill team fights, but that is very far from what you suggested.

bloodcount;n7038680 said:
I think the game will be unbalancable for multi player. The one thing I can think of is having some All Kill team fights, but that is very far from what you suggested.

How would it be unbalanced? essentially, it is just adding more cards on the field and doubling the scores (from the second players). It would work similar to a game of Whist.

Edit: How would an all kill team fight work? Do you mean a deck with only attack cards? Seems like that wouldn't go over very well vs a weather deck. Can you go in a bit more detail for why 2 players on a team wouldn't work?

Last edited:
bloodcount;n7038680 said:
but that is very far from what you suggested.

Actually, in my previous post I suggested adding team strategy games but didn't add any details. I don't think 2 players on a team will break this. Perhaps my own rules I created needs adjusting, but it can work. I made this a separate post because this is a separate suggestion from my post about luck/strategy, and overall has nothing to do with it (I thought of this after that post anyways).

I would just like a mode where four people can play together instead of having to rotate 1 on 1 games. It will force strategy though since you could essentially have a monster deck teamed up with skellige, which will make both players on a team think of a way to combat it.

As unbalanced as it could come out, I'm really curious how would multiplayer matches work and I hope that 2v2 mode (or something) will be implemented (or at least something similiar).

Top Bottom