New game mode to be released early 2018

+
That's nice to have confirmed even though early 2018 is a bit vague. I expect the period from the patch till the mode start will be quite a complaining one...

On an unrelated note, the reddit must be the most toxic aggregate of highly frustrated netizens the internet has so far seen. Tabloids comment section
included. Reading it for a less than a minute gave me a headache.

nemirni;n9963591 said:
On an unrelated note, the reddit must be the most toxic aggregate of highly frustrated netizens the internet has so far seen. Tabloids comment section

I know, God. Although I do dislike the fact that the new leaders that were revealed have RNG abilities, I've never been one to mindlessly complain about things. I think it's best to wait for the cards to come out and see how they're doing before we give criticism. Can't say Reddit and Twitch agree with my mindset lol.

I am excited for the new game mode though. I think that's exactly what Gwent needs at the moment. Wonder how it'll be.

nemirni;n9963591 said:
Except they are right.

Raunbjorn

OG.laloquaint;n9963721 said:
I know, God. Although I do dislike the fact that the new leaders that were revealed have RNG abilities, I've never been one to mindlessly complain about things. I think it's best to wait for the cards to come out and see how they're doing before we give criticism. Can't say Reddit and Twitch agree with my mindset lol.

I am excited for the new game mode though. I think that's exactly what Gwent needs at the moment. Wonder how it'll be.

But we should be able to talk about cards before they hit the streets right? Giving feedback (or "mindless complaining as you put it) is super important and CDPR appreciates that, if we are to believe them. Tbh I don't even care how the cards are doing when the patch hits, they took a wrong turn implementing all this RNG into the game imo. On top of that it just feels lazy and not well thought through at all.

Hydrahead;n9963991 said:
But we should be able to talk about cards before they hit the streets right? Giving feedback (or "mindless complaining as you put it) is super important and CDPR appreciates that, if we are to believe them. Tbh I don't even care how the cards are doing when the patch hits, they took a wrong turn implementing all this RNG into the game imo. On top of that it just feels lazy and not well thought through at all.

Of course we should. And We do. If you search through recent rng&spawn related topics you will se both my (and OG's if i remember well) posts commenting on it. However there is a fine line between constructive criticism and "mindless complaining". And that is why i find this forum to be quite a pleasant place, unlike Reddit.

DMaster2;n9963981 said:
Except they are right.
Except when they are not ;)

Hydrahead;n9963991 said:

We do though. I'm just as unhappy as a lot of people are about the new spawn ability being on leaders. I don't believe in complaining about something before I try it out myself. There's a difference between mindlessly complaining and giving constructive criticism.

I agree 100% that it's lazy to give so many cards the spawn ability. They should definitely reduce the parameters of the spawn ability. Imo, the new Monsters leader should play an Organic card from your deck instead of spawning it. Adda should be able to play a Cursed Bronze or Silver unit from your deck. That's just my opinion though.

nemirni;n9964491 said:
Except when they are not ;)
Sorry, not this time. Rng on leaders is complete bs that will make the ranked experience worse. And before i hear the usual meme comment "but they are for the new game mode", as long as they aren't banned in ranked they will crawl there too. An Adda vs Adda mirror will likely decide on which one get the better rng pull, exactly the reason why i and ton of other gwent players (guess what, the ones at reddit that are furious about this) left hearthstone for gwent.

DMaster2;n9964841 said:
Sorry, not this time. Rng on leaders is complete bs that will make the ranked experience worse.

We'll first have to wait and see how prevalent the new RNG cards will become in ranked. My guess is that it will not really see much play. But even if there are a few viable RNG decks that are being played, then that's not really a bad thing, per se. Besides, it's actually more interesting to play with and against such decks precisely because you don't really know what to expect. It's better than the gazillion'd Nekker or Spy deck that plays exactly the same 99% of the time.

DMaster2;n9964841 said:
Sorry, not this time. Rng on leaders is complete bs that will make the ranked experience worse. And before i hear the usual meme comment "but they are for the new game mode", as long as they aren't banned in ranked they will crawl there too. An Adda vs Adda mirror will likely decide on which one get the better rng pull, exactly the reason why i and ton of other gwent players (guess what, the ones at reddit that are furious about this) left hearthstone for gwent.

no ones deck should be banned ever (unless its a tournament in which that is part of the format).

why do you care if someone else plays as adda (let alone a mirror match you won't partake in) in ranked/casual? according to your premise, they are a bad leader and you think you should beat them. or are you afraid you'll get triggered if lose because you thought you should win?

4RM3D;n9964971 said:
Besides, it's actually more interesting to play with and against such decks precisely because you don't really know what to expect. It's better than the gazillion'd Nekker or Spy deck that plays exactly the same 99% of the time.

I have to disagree. Playing an RNG-themed deck doesn’t mean that you don’t have a build to follow. You can still build a metadeck with fixed gold, silver and bronze cards around an RNG mechanic.

By the way Adda artwork is incredible. I wish she could be the leader for some armordeck archetype!
:sad:

Cardzilla;n9965041 said:
no ones deck should be banned ever (unless its a tournament in which that is part of the format).

why do you care if someone else plays as adda (let alone a mirror match you won't partake in) in ranked/casual? according to your premise, they are a bad leader and you think you should beat them. or are you afraid you'll get triggered if lose because you thought you should win?
Because i've left hearthstone for gwent EXACTLY to not repeat the same rng bs. And i'm not the only one. Lifecoach and SuperJJ are notable ones. I don't want to play ranked and lose because opponent's highrolled an SK silver i couldn't play around. Because, you know, it's not enough to play against NR cards you may face, we need to play around everything now. It's impossible, so you are bound to get screwed. And getting screwed because of an rng roll stings a lot.

If i wanted that bs i would still play hearthstone, or play the ton of other rng infested ccgs out there. I hoped gwent was different, that was a game where the most skilled win. I'm afraid i was mistaken.

Last edited:
DMaster2;n9965361 said:
Because i've left hearthstone for gwent EXACTLY to not repeat the same rng bs. And i'm not the only one. Lifecoach and SuperJJ are notable ones. I don't want to play ranked and lose because opponent's highrolled an SK silver i couldn't play around. Because, you know, it's not enough to play against NR cards you may face, we need to play around everything now. It's impossible, so you are bound to get screwed. And getting screwed because of an rng roll stings a lot.

If i wanted that bs i would still play hearthstone, or play the ton of other rng infested ccgs out there. I hoped gwent was different, that was a game where the most skilled win. I'm afraid i was mistaken.

pretty pretentious way to say, "yea, i'll be triggered"

---

while the use of 'pretentious' may sound a little aggro, i didn't like how you were trying to intimidate me with your name dropping comparisons and acting like being a former hearthstone player should matter to me.

and i'll remind you that lifecoach and superjj got to be who they are because of doing things like actually waiting to play the new cards before making a declaritive statements like "grr, i hate all rng, i vow to never play the gwent again" and "how dare you even share a gameboard with me while playing particular cards"

Last edited:
Cardzilla;n9965801 said:
pretty pretentious way to say, "yea, i'll be triggered"

---

while the use of 'pretentious' may sound a little aggro, i didn't like how you were trying to intimidate me with your name dropping comparisons and acting like being a former hearthstone player should matter to me.

and i'll remind you that lifecoach and superjj got to be who they are because of doing things like actually waiting to play the new cards before making a declaritive statements like "grr, i hate all rng, i vow to never play the gwent again" and "how dare you even share a gameboard with me while playing particular cards"
Both of them dislike rng driven card games for sure. And i didn't tried to intimidate anyone, i've simply stated what i feel like. You want to know why most redditers aren't happy? I've explained you why and why they (we) are right. Take it or not is not my problem.

Last edited:
Redditers aren't happy because that is their natural state of mind:).

Joke aside it is quite pretentious to conclude that you explained why You are right. It is still after all only Your opinion.

I prefer waiting to see what really comes out of it. I was after all very sceptical about gold immunity patch and i am liking the consequences of it very much now.

This thread is veering off course. Let's set the destination back to the original discussion.

I think CDPR gives reddit too much importance and wastes too much time debating with guys who have nothing better to do than complaining.

Venendal and swordmasters too, according to reddit, should have broken the game, instead they proved to be underpowered cards.

I will wait some days after the patch went gold before starting screaming, especially because RNG is the opposite of consistency and I doubt you can climb ladder with luck.

Tir_na_Lia;n9967181 said:
I think CDPR gives reddit too much importance and wastes too much time debating with guys who have nothing better to do than complaining.

Venendal and swordmasters too, according to reddit, should have broken the game, instead they proved to be underpowered cards.

you are right about listening to reddit too much as proven by how NR armor and ST mulligan got hit too hard.

btw, venendal is broken. apparently you've not had as many 1 pt canterella's played against you, nor had stuff like your 22 pt pirate captain (42 pt swing right there on a bronze, but they routinely hit for 18-20) get zapped by a venendal. it needs a cap of 7-8 pts to steal and only be done against bronzes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom