New game or not: Problem

+
So I love the Witcher 3, and on my current save file i am in Skelliige with around 80 hours played (not that much i know), However i haven't been able to play the game for almost 6 months and since then i have begun reading the books, (i have read the first two)

I want to know whether i should start a new game once i have finished the books (and not play on my current one) so i can make better decisions in the story as i will understand the characters more, but i don't know if starting a whole new game will be worth it, but i have forgotten most of the story as i haven't played it in a while and feel as if i want to change some of the decisions i previously made

Any advice?

I don't think any of us can tell you whether to start a new game or not -- that's really your call, and yours alone. Having said that, I do believe there's some value to playing W3 with some background of the background, the Witcher universe and characters. I played W2 after I completed W3 first time around. Then I started a new game+ importing a save from W2. I must say that much of the dialog and references in the game that sailed past my head the first time made a lot of sense the second time around.
But I have heard that the game does depart from the books in some aspects. Having never read the books, I don't know to what degree.
Hope this helps.

Edit: :oops:

I have no idea how my prior response wound up here. Likely had too many tabs open and typed in the wrong box. :p

Last edited:
I don't think any of us can tell you whether to start a new game or not -- that's really your call, and yours alone. Having said that, I do believe there's some value to playing W3 with some background of the background, the Witcher universe and characters. I played W2 after I completed W3 first time around. Then I started a new game+ importing a save from W2. I must say that much of the dialog and references in the game that sailed past my head the first time made a lot of sense the second time around.
But I have heard that the game does depart from the books in some aspects. Having never read the books, I don't know to what degree.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for that, I'll keep it in mind will have to make a decision soon, might continue playing then start a new save once I have read the books

1. Read the books
2. Get a recap of W1 (does not hold up to play imo)
3. get a save import of W1 for W2 from the nexus
4. Import save to W3
5. Have your mind blown by just how well W3 adds to the books and games and how real, well-realised, the characters feel
6. Profit

Top Bottom