New game plus Issues

+
If you have installed the above, load a finished game, a ng+ message appears, read and save your game. After that exit to menu and start a new game, it will give you the option to start a ng+, select the finished save file and play.

1st bug encountered: The ghost near the crypt in White Orchard is invencible. Tried once... I will leave the area then come back to realize if it is a persistent issue.

Tested again and it was an only time issue..

Last edited:
I have same problem, started game at level 36 and it wanted to update it so I did that (94mb) then when I opened it still shows as 1.08 no v2 at the end of it. New game + no where to be seen. Any one else have same problem? Even turned xbox off then on again to try it, no luck

I have same problem, started game at level 36 and it wanted to update it so I did that (94mb) then when I opened it still shows as 1.08 no v2 at the end of it. New game + no where to be seen. Any one else have same problem? Even turned xbox off then on again to try it, no luck

Im on PC but the process should be similar, make sure to load your finished playthrough first, wait for a pop up message to appear, SAVE and quit to menu. Then choose start new game, go through the options, you will see a NG+ option as well, select to start.

If you are playing on the Xbox One, you have to go to the Manage Game of Witcher 3 in order to download the NG+. It is not a auto update, it's a download like the other things we got.

Last edited:
Since the last update Geralt's health bar is not full after meditation.

I don't know if others have this issue?

there is a patch 1.08.2? i m playing new game plus now but I dont recall downloading a new patch, just the new game plus from psn

Since the last update Geralt's health bar is not full after meditation.

Sounds like you're playing on Death March difficulty.

there is a patch 1.08.2? i m playing new game plus now but I dont recall downloading a new patch, just the new game plus from psn

There's no such patch on PS4. Just download the NG+ DLC and you're good to go. Here's me doing NG+ on my PS4 after having downloaded and installed the DLC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3LshF_gqb4

Sounds like you're playing on Death March difficulty.

You're right. I'm with stupid.

I did actually choose Death March this time. I didn't realise it meant restrictions in health regeneration. Well, now you solved it. Thanks for enlightning me, ffredrikk.

Is 1.08.02 for modding tools support and ng+ or what does it actually do?

Patch 1.08 added everything that is actually needed for NG+, across all platforms. The NG+ DLC is just the scripts that make it work.

The thing being called "1.08.1/1.08.2" are small incremental updates to the PC version ONLY, which added and then fixed the mod support. There is no actual patch or game version number 1.08.1/2, there are only different versions of the witcher 3.exe file itself. it may be shown as .1/.2 on GOG, but it is still just 1.08 on Steam versions and consoles.

The releases being close together have cuased some confusion and delay, but basically, NG+ is 1.08, an any platform, and has nothing to do with the .1/.2 micro-updates, which are only relative to mod support for the PC versions.

Ok I'm having a problem. I beat the main game and I beat both blood and wine and heart stone. I did the save game then to try and start a new game+ but keeps saying game not complete in this saving. Which I beat the game already

Ok I'm having a problem. I beat the main game and I beat both blood and wine and heart stone. I did the save game then to try and start a new game+ but keeps saying game not complete in this saving. Which I beat the game already

Do you have the game of the year edition, or the normal one?

In general, only the main game needs to be completed for ng+.

And, I'm sure you know this already, you need to choose a save in which you've already completed the main game.

Top Bottom