New game plus multiple times

+
@Krull32 There already are mods making the game more difficult. Just install one of those. If you don't like NG+, then your not obligated in any way to play it. I don't see any disadvantages of NG+, NG++ or NG milion plus if it doesn't take away too much from development of more important aspects of the game. Hence, my previous post.

i'm also in the ng+ into infinity camp,i like playing a game through over powered,i can always start a fresh save for the challenging play through but playing on ps4 i don't have the option to wait for a modder to do it.

i was very disappointed when i heard that there is only one ng+ per save,i had planned to play it back through straight after finishing but lost interest after the news,i also didn't buy the season pass either because of it.if a modded pc version will be my only option i'll wait until the eventual goty version drops to around £5 on steam or humble bundle.

i'm also in the ng+ into infinity camp,i like playing a game through over powered,i can always start a fresh save for the challenging play through but playing on ps4 i don't have the option to wait for a modder to do it.

i was very disappointed when i heard that there is only one ng+ per save,i had planned to play it back through straight after finishing but lost interest after the news,i also didn't buy the season pass either because of it.if a modded pc version will be my only option i'll wait until the eventual goty version drops to around £5 on steam or humble bundle.

May I ask (out of curiosity) what do you like so much about the idea of NG+++ in a game like The Witcher? In certain games where character progression continues after a single game I can see why but for The Witcher, seeing as you no longer get new skill slots in NG+, isn't the only incentive then becomes purely gear based and thus next to pointless? I don't see where the appeal would come from, considering how limited the current NG+ is right now, game just wasn't designed for it at all.

May I ask (out of curiosity) what do you like so much about the idea of NG+++ in a game like The Witcher? In certain games where character progression continues after a single game I can see why but for The Witcher, seeing as you no longer get new skill slots in NG+, isn't the only incentive then becomes purely gear based and thus next to pointless? I don't see where the appeal would come from, considering how limited the current NG+ is right now, game just wasn't designed for it at all.

i think of it as the "just for fun" play through,i've done the hard work of completing the game and now i want to just play the game knowing that anything i encounter at any time can be dealt with easily.it also encourages me to play with different weapons and play styles,something i don't normally do.once i find what works for me i stick with it every play through if i don't have the ng+ choice but i tend not to play it through as many times or be as interested in any dlc.

off the top of my head other games i have enjoyed doing this with are (on ps3) prototype,bioshock and dead space.dead space especially i've played through 5 times,once the normal play then four ng+ fully powered up.

i understand and appreciate that the game wasn't made for me personally,just voicing my preference.

I am in the same boat as HalStep. I enjoy playing a game for the challenge especially playing without NG+ with Death March. But for me its fun to be able to have all the potion formulae and decoctions to really plan out each monster encounter. I found that most of the time I encountered a monster in my first playthrough I didn't have the formulae or Mutagen needed for the encounter in NG+ that became possible and is really fun. Also for me, it was nearly impossible to get to max level without NG+ when playing the first playthrough on Death March with reduced XP gain. so that second round in NG+ I was also adding additional skills slots and things and with the addition of HoS and BaW that is needed even more with four more skill slots and mutagen slot. The other reason for me to go through it again is a different story which is fun to do with a bit of a challenge if you do Death March but without the whole gear grind or gold grind, to get gear.

Ng+ should be stackable it lame that it isn't I put a lot of work in to my second play through more the my first and I would have liked to transfer everything over but I can't because of this lame ass no stackable Ng+

Ng+ should be stackable it lame that it isn't I put a lot of work in to my second play through more the my first and I would have liked to transfer everything over but I can't because of this lame ass no stackable Ng+

TW3 was not designed or built with NG+ in mind. In fact, it was quite a challenge to get the system to handle it even once, and there are issues even then that required the Level 100 cap in order to ensure nothing broke beyond all hope. Not that sort of game.

To put it simply you have normal game, (NG+) then you can NG+ one last time. So you basically can play the same game save a total of three games. No more after that. I know because ive done it.

To put it simply you have normal game, (NG+) then you can NG+ one last time. So you basically can play the same game save a total of three games.
Nope. You can only do a normal NG and one NG+; it's not possible to start NG+ from a save that is already NG+. Without mods.

For some reason i cant post anywhere but here but i really wish we would be able to play new game plus on any save file. I dont see how this would be hard to do since there are mods of it on pc, im on console so i cant download them. I want to be able to feel my character grow, not restart everything. Now would be a good time as well because there are many old returning players playing this game after watching the netflix series, me included. This would make me and many others want to play the game more. please im begging at this point lol.

Yo, this game is sick! are there other games which wakes up the same interest in the whole world?

The original Mass Effect series, Dragon Age are wonderful in terms of designing complex characters and stories with tremendous amounts of lore. They don't really offer the same level of cause-and-effect gameplay, though. More linear.

You may also want to look at the games by Spiderweb. The Avadon and Exile series are absolutely wonderful, but they eschew almost all graphics in exchange for plot, writing, and complexity.

I dont see why they dont add stackable ng+ for the 5 year anniversary sure there working on other stuff but this game was a huge hit and could continue if the let us continue they don't need to add more levels or skills or anything just for the game play its self and we still ha e to grind diagrams so what's the harm

I dont see why they dont add stackable ng+ for the 5 year anniversary sure there working on other stuff but this game was a huge hit and could continue if the let us continue they don't need to add more levels or skills or anything just for the game play its self and we still ha e to grind diagrams so what's the harm

The system isn't built for it. (You should have seen what would happen before they capped things at Level 100! :oops:)

Top Bottom