New game plus multiple times

+
So its more or less "NO".
You have so save your savegame before ng+ starts and then start ng+and Repeat. Every Time you want.

Ah thought so... From the previous comments it seemed like Burza said that you can go ng++ ( geeze what is this dragonballz?) once more. Makes more sense now.

To make it clear, so this means...

I play the game first time through
> NG+
I play the Game through again in NG+
> Game allows ONLY ONCE to use the save file of the NG+ to play again from start, after that never again, because it doesn't stack...

Then you have to ask yourself..

Why can't the game stack that? Whats the technical limitation that makes this as it seems to look like impossible?
All what NG+ does is lettign you take over your Character Progress, your Gold, your Stash Content, resets your Gwent Cards and raises the quests to a higher required level, so that they can give you with your higher level again on next play through experience points again.

I would like to understand, what stops the game from beign able to just make (if you want and are crazy enough for that) as many NG+++... playthroughs as you want, when all what the NG+ features does, won't change from playthrough to playthrough,, it will always do the same thing with your savefile, or am I wrong here??

It's theorized by some that balancing TW3 for a full-fledged NG+ would require significant time and effort to implement. The fact that we got a form of NG+ for free, however, seems to suggest that it would not be overly difficult. So, I'm thinking we have only have NG+ Lite as a result of an arbitrary decision. Can't say for certain though, since I have not seen any information given by someone from CDPR explaining the reason(s) why we don't have an ideal form of NG+.

Last edited:
To make it clear, so this means...

I play the game first time through
> NG+
I play the Game through again in NG+
> Game allows ONLY ONCE to use the save file of the NG+ to play again from start, after that never again, because it doesn't stack...

Then you have to ask yourself..

Why can't the game stack that? Whats the technical limitation that makes this as it seems to look like impossible?
All what NG+ does is lettign you take over your Character Progress, your Gold, your Stash Content, resets your Gwent Cards and raises the quests to a higher required level, so that they can give you with your higher level again on next play through experience points again.

I would like to understand, what stops the game from beign able to just make (if you want and are crazy enough for that) as many NG+++... playthroughs as you want, when all what the NG+ features does, won't change from playthrough to playthrough,, it will always do the same thing with your savefile, or am I wrong here??

Because of how monsters items and all those things scale. From what I can tell from the files I've seen is that it scales good to lvl 35 or so, okay to level 70 (max) and it just gets worse and worse based on damage, resistance and all that kind of stuff. So it couldn't just do its normal scaling curve it would have to change or by your NG++ you would never get secondary sign effects and bombs would deal hardly any damage and so on.

The game was not written with either play-after-finish or NG+ in mind at all. It was written to be "over when it's over" (R.I.P Yogi Berra). This has impacted both the change to make play-after-finish possible and NG+. Neither is, fully considered, a simple matter. Both require careful rebalancing and rescaling and things like additional dialogue and respawning resources. Saying it is a simple matter to implement NG++ on top of a game that was not designed for anything like it badly understates the difficulty of doing it in an acceptable way.

Exactly. All items and monsters are scaled with next game. I don't need NG++ myself. Definitely "over when it's over" is my case - world feels too empty after completing main quest. It's good NG+ was added as it gives some incentive to replay the game but NG++ would be just too much work for developers for no real gain (unless it would be just to clear inventory, retain skills and do not rescale items/enemies, just to allow overpowered playthrough)

Because of how monsters items and all those things scale. From what I can tell from the files I've seen is that it scales good to lvl 35 or so, okay to level 70 (max) and it just gets worse and worse based on damage, resistance and all that kind of stuff. So it couldn't just do its normal scaling curve it would have to change or by your NG++ you would never get secondary sign effects and bombs would deal hardly any damage and so on.

How would balance/scaling get worse beyond lv70 when 70 is the level cap (last I heard, anyways)? At lv70 scaling should be done. Further monster leveling and worrying about upgrading to higher level gear should no longer be an issue.

How would balance/scaling get worse beyond lv70 when 70 is the level cap (last I heard, anyways)? At lv70 scaling should be done. Further monster leveling and worrying about upgrading to higher level gear should no longer be an issue.

If you're stacking NG+'s it's presumably to continue to level up. If there were a NG++ that started at 70 and didn't level past that then sure it might work.

Point still stands, if they are to stack NG+'s it can't remotely work in its current state.

I agree. Yet I'd rather have CDPR working on proper REDkit, expansions and CP2077 than on NG++. Let's hope some talented modder wanting it will just go ahead and do it ;)

I agree. Yet I'd rather have CDPR working on proper REDkit, expansions and CP2077 than on NG++. Let's hope some talented modder wanting it will just go ahead and do it ;)
Eh...maybe after both expansion packs are out we'll see an adjustment to NG+ (one can hope). I have the Xbone version, so PC mods can't help me any, sadly.

The game was not written with either play-after-finish or NG+ in mind at all
And both points brings far more disadvantages than advantages ....

Ng+ does not solve any problems (replayability or difficulty problem(everything too easy)) and Game ending is ruined and catastrophic...
Bad decisions they made...really bad....
Both points were not thought through and needs some rework...either all or nothing.

Ng + is for me no incentive and no improvement.

Last edited:
Top Bottom