New game+ question

+
New game+ question

So i finished the game on death march HOS inluded a while back. im around lvl 37 or close to that. I we been away from video games a while now and feel like jumpin back to this game now..
How well is the new game + balanced.. does it work right with the HOS? Or should i just start fresh now and do a perfect completionist playtrough and time it so that i can finish it on BAW.. I dont feel contend to start new game with all the cool equpment already on me.. How much is there new gear to be had if i choose to play new game+? sry bad english..

NG+ only differs slightly from starting a new game.

-Monsters start at level 31 so at level 37 it will be easy to start.
-Spells and bombs are less powerful due to monster resistance going up more than your damage and intensity so later on its mildly harder than a fresh new game.
-Obvious I know but you start with a full set of skills and armour which is nice to have a bunch of skills from the start.
-As for items, basically the same but +30 levels so you can do all the treasure hunts and all that again.
-HoS occurs around the same time as in a normal game. (Level 62 I think)

the new game+ is perfectly balanced even if you start with all new super powerful mastercrafted armor and swords, ng+ is a chanllenge, more enemies, tougher fights, don't worry about that,
there is also new witcher gear to be found, the legendary versions of the mastercrafted armors and swords, totally necessary, the expansion is also perfectl balanced for ng+,

the only problem with NG+ is actually the fact you start with previous inventory and therefore already have whole alchemy tree complete..

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
NG+ only differs slightly from starting a new game.

-Monsters start at level 31 so at level 37 it will be easy to start.
-Spells and bombs are less powerful due to monster resistance going up more than your damage and intensity so later on its mildly harder than a fresh new game.
-Obvious I know but you start with a full set of skills and armour which is nice to have a bunch of skills from the start.
-As for items, basically the same but +30 levels so you can do all the treasure hunts and all that again.
-HoS occurs around the same time as in a normal game. (Level 62 I think)

Couldn't have said it better myself! Awesome - thanks!:cheers4:

Last edited by a moderator:
the only problem with NG+ is actually the fact you start with previous inventory and therefore already have whole alchemy tree complete..
But isn't it the reason for a NG+. To have some abilities and stuff already at the start? Otherwise you could just start a standard new game.

my constrains is more to the fact game was designed around max level 30, beyond that you usually dont benefit from new skills or stats that much, and NG+ is all about new equipment only.

i wouldnt mind if they just moved supperior level of potions to NG+ so normal game would have normal and enhanced only.. at least it would make game a bit harder, and give some alchemy searching to NG+

I think ill go with the new game+ and try on some heavy armor (never tried it in this game) and make a sword build.
More challencing combat should be ok. Never had 2 many problems on previous playtrough. Difficulty was pretty good on combat.
if u made stupid mistakes you died. Im sure some people thinks it was too easy :D

---------- Updated at 09:13 PM ----------

OH! unrelated. I miss the old main menu screen, before HOS. The music was too damn good!

Fast question, what do you lose and you keep when you start a new game+?

Lose: Gwent cards, quest items, weapon and armour recipes, books, discovered locations(as in you can explore all '?'s again including places of power), beastiary and journal entries.

Keep: money, gear, potions/bombs (and their recipes), level and skills.

Gain: 1 potion of clearence.

Can't remember if crafting material/herbs carry over

Lose: Gwent cards, quest items, weapon and armour recipes, books, discovered locations(as in you can explore all '?'s again including places of power), beastiary and journal entries.

Keep: money, gear, potions/bombs (and their recipes), level and skills.

Gain: 1 potion of clearence.

Can't remember if crafting material/herbs carry over

Thank you, other then exploring some areas, not leveling up much. I got most of the potions/bombs so on figured I would enjoy the campaign again at a higher difficulty.

I kinda hope that the developers will rebalance NG+ after Blood and Wine is out. It may be a bit of a presumption, but doing the main game and the two expansions will probably result in an end level quite above level 32 and make NG+ as it currently is too easy.

i cant even start a new game +, it send me to difficulty, not even an option if i want new game + or fresh start
i dont understand this, i have uppdated the game, load a game, save on a new file, dosent work
i am lv 35 and have finish the game (story)

for NG+, do you keep whatever upgrades you made to the runemaster? i just sank 30K gold for the level 3 upgrade and I'm afraid if I start NG+ and it goes away, then I might as well see if I can go to an earlier save and keep my gold instead.

Top Bottom