New Game + Questions and Answers

+
I started a NG+ game, when asked if I wanted to have the simulated W2 save, I chose no because having Letho later is a big help. I get to Vizima & General Voorhis doesn't ask any questions. What happened to the questions? And now I'm up the creek because I deleted the other saves, so now I can't go back and start a new NG+ game.
You need to choose Yes to simulate decisions from W2 in talk with Voorhis.

Do uncrafted diagrams carry over? For example, if I have all the Wolf Gear diagrams but never crafted them, will those disappear in NG for me to find again?

Is there an official list of what gets carried over? I mean is it so hard to release some patch notes with this? :/
My main question... can I complete the game on Death March in NG+?
I am currently laying the 2nd highest difficulty, cant remember what its called

An overview of the NG+ mode.

What carries over:
- All your items you were holding, except: Quest Items (this includes trohpies) and books (useable items, also, you'll need to re-read books).
- Yes, this means you keep all your decoctions and potions and bombs and oils ready for use, all your alcohols and alchemy items (including mutagens) as well, apparently you keep food as well
- You do lose your herbs, though.
- All the items you had in your storage (armor, runes, ...), you keep.
- Horse + horse equipment carries over
- Money carries over
- No gwent cards (boohoo)
- No bestiary entries (damn, this one is annoying :/ ) nor character entries
- all your basic crafting diagrams (You lose any crafting recipe you bought or found)
- all found/bought weapon/armor diagrams are now at a higher level and have a higher level requirement
- witcher gear is now replaced by legendary witcher gear (assumedly) and is higher levelled than normal witcher gear
- Your starting kaer morhen armor is also higher levelled.

About your level:
- You remain the same level and retain the same amount of skill points you had as in the save you imported, your skills remain slotted
- If you were below 30, you get boosted to 30 and gain additional skill points
- You keep your place of power points, what's more, the places of power give ANOTHER skill point when visited in NG+.
- You can't import an NG+ save into an NG++ game.

About the world:
- Basically, they added +30 to the level of everything (quest requirements, enemies, ...) . So far I haven't noticed anything different yet. There aren't more enemies, changed enemy patterns, ... If an enemy or quest was level 6 in NG, it'll be level 36 in NG+.
- None of your decisions in witcher 3 carry over or anything. You'll get to redo everything. Yes, you can also re-simulate witcher 2 save or import one.
- Yes, you can get the deathmarch achievement playing NG+ (it's been stated by the devs).
- Marks on the map do not carry over, meaning you'll have to rediscover all fast travel locations, question marks etc.

One last tip:
- If you can't seem to import your save, load up a game with your save (patch 1.08.2 --> the one with the modkit update), and it'll give you a message that you can now import it. Save, then start a NG+ with that one.

My personal experience:
I have only played through the game once, so I would understand if others who had done more runs would be salty, but for me personally, I like starting this way. It's a bit more challenging than at the end, and I expect the game to retain somewhat a more stable difficulty curve than before (because the starting enemies still have a good amount of health, and your character progression will be slower and more limited than before). So I DO expect a little bit of a harder time. Also, I actually like starting gwent with a low-level deck. It means I have all my game knowledge, but limited resources. Kind of nice :)
I just did the first kiera quest, and have to say it's quite tough fighting high level enemies again, but it was fun :D

Last edited:
- all your crafting diagrams (which is weird because you can find everything again the same during your NG+ playthrough..

Weird, not carrying over for me (Steam version). Started NG+ two times just to make sure that there's no random mistake, checked all filters in crafting menu - but no, at the beginning of NG+ I have only basic diagrams (components, one type of bolts, one armor, no swords or other gear parts). And from first found chest I've received diagram of 'Dorian Sword', lvl 34, which in normal mode is lvl 2 - so it doesn't even look like a bug.

But all alchemy receipts are present.

Last edited:
Weird, not carrying over for me (Steam version). Started NG+ two times just to make sure that there's no random mistake, checked all filters in crafting menu - but no, at the beginning of NG+ I have only basic diagrams (components, one type of bolts, one armor, no swords or other gear parts). And from first found chest I've received diagram of 'Dorian Sword', lvl 34, which in normal mode is lvl 2 - so it doesn't even look like a bug.

But all alchemy receipts are present.

Hmm, I might have seen it wrong. I only checked quickly. Can anyone else confirm this? I'll edit it in the meantime.

Edit: I've updated my main post.

Last edited:

What carries over:
- All your items you were holding, except: Quest Items (this includes trohpies) and books (useable items, also, you'll need to re-read books).
- Yes, this means you keep all your decoctions and potions and bombs and oils ready for use, all your alcohols and alchemy items (including mutagens) as well, apparently you keep food as well
- You do lose your herbs, though.
- All the items you had in your storage (armor, runes, ...), you keep.
- Horse + horse equipment carries over
- Money carries over
- No bestiary entries (damn, this one is annoying :/ ) nor character entries
- all your basic crafting diagrams (So you lose all your advanced stuff, but the diagrams of the stuff you had at the beginning of a normal NG, you keep; that said, I haven't found any witcher gear yet, I'm strongly assuming witcher diagrams are replaced by legendary witcher diagrams, BUT, the standard diagrams you find in NG+ now have higher level requirements - and are better)

About your level:
- You remain the same level and retain the same amount of skill points you had as in the save you imported, your skills remain slotted
- If you were below 30, you get boosted to 30 and gain additional skill points
- You keep your place of power points, what's more, the places of power give ANOTHER skill point when visited in NG+.
- You can't import an NG+ save into an NG++ game.

About the world:
- Basically, they added +30 to the level of everything (quest requirements, enemies, ...) . So far I haven't noticed anything different yet. There aren't more enemies, changed enemy patterns, ... If an enemy or quest was level 6 in NG, it'll be level 36 in NG+.
- None of your decisions in witcher 3 carry over or anything. You'll get to redo everything. Yes, you can also re-simulate witcher 2 save or import one.
- Yes, you can get the deathmarch achievement playing NG+ (it's been stated by the devs).
- Marks on the map do not carry over, meaning you'll have to rediscover all fast travel locations, question marks etc.

One last tip:
- If you can't seem to import your save, load up a game with your save (patch 1.08.2 --> the one with the modkit update), and it'll give you a message that you can now import it. Save, then start a NG+ with that one.

My personal experience:
I have only played through the game once, so I would understand if others who had done more runs would be salty, but for me personally, I like starting this way. It's a bit more challenging than at the end, and I expect the game to retain somewhat a more stable difficulty curve than before (because the starting enemies still have a good amount of health, and your character progression will be slower and more limited than before). So I DO expect a little bit of a harder time. Also, I actually like starting gwent with a low-level deck. It means I have all my game knowledge, but limited resources. Kind of nice :)
I just did the first kiera quest, and have to say it's quite tough fighting high level enemies again, but it was fun :D

Just tell me why???:'( I just need for about 5 cards (missable cards) to obtain "card collector" trophy and I planed to get it with NG+, but....:crybaby:>>>

What's the deal with Temerian armor (DLC) being still level 4 in NG+? Another odd thing about this, even that it's level 4 (which means it has low armor stat) it has higher resistance than NG+ Kaer Morhen armor which doesn't make sense since Kaer Morhen is medium and Temerian is light armor.

PS4 platform.

Just tell me why???:'( I just need for about 5 cards (missable cards) to obtain "card collector" trophy and I planed to get it with NG+, but....:crybaby:>>>

Would require a lot of extra development work.
Card collector achievement would be too easy to obtain.
The challenge in gwent would be reduced to nothing, and malking it harder would be too much development work

Hi!
What about Kaer morhen gear? Is it upgradebale now or just having higher level?

And Witcher gear, mastercraft is 35 lvl, but the game monster level is near 63 as I read here. So we can find upgrades for Witcher gear or we already have it? And are there any difference between mastercraft and legendary Witcher gear?

Thanks)

Hi!
What about Kaer morhen gear? Is it upgradebale now or just having higher level?

And Witcher gear, mastercraft is 35 lvl, but the game monster level is near 63 as I read here. So we can find upgrades for Witcher gear or we already have it? And are there any difference between mastercraft and legendary Witcher gear?

Thanks)

You have to find all the armor schematics again , they will be the Legendary version of the Witcher gear. Same looks , higher stats.

My personal experience:

Same for me I like it a lot so far, 3rd playthrough, so story is starting to get old a bit, but thank you skipping scenes :p

There is one thing so far that is bugging me is the fact they haven't scaled the gold:

- Traders do get the same amount of gold: So I'm getting this new loot from mobs I kill, and the traders don't have enough gold to buy them. They should have been scaled up IMO.

- Same with quests: they seem to give the same amount of gold

Stupid question but I have to ask:

I finished the game using the second difficulty level. When I start NG+, will this be the case or can I choose a new one? I want my second playthrough at NG+ to be on Death March.

I know I can change the difficulty on the fly but will it count achievement wise? Ty!

Well....after finishing white orchard 2 things really bothers me.

1.) Still too easy.

2.) It looks that the vendor gold has not been customized. Since the items are higher lv. they are more valuable. A grey mace from a bandit in WO ~ 100g.... vendor only had 200.... got 10 in the inventory.... really really annoying

Top Bottom