New Game +

+
So clearly this game is going to have plenty of replayability. Someone please tell me straight! Are we expecting New Game +?
Also if there is, do we know the details?

Going to add a few thoughts up here.

How about this. I have been watching lore videos all night and stumbled upon a video at the time these guys played there were three distinct lifepaths "Corpo" "Streetkid" and "Nomad" I do hope there will be more, but for the moment lets assume that's it. One interesting way we could go about new game plus (assuming they don't go the route of giving bonus attribute and perk points) giving a specific bonus for each path.

The first that comes to mind is to give the lingo of the completed run. So if you ran as a corpo first and a streetkid next that streetkid knows corpo lingo. It would be interesting, but it might be game breaking, literally, opening different paths that aren't meant to connect, not to mention it would not make sense.

So the second thing that comes to mind. Going from Corpo to anything you might get a bonus to Cool or Attractiveness. Just some specific advantage that one lifepath might have over another. This I think is VERY viable.

The third would be again lifepath specific, but some sort of in-game advantage. You get additional contacts, bonus money, gear, etc...This would have a similar problem to the first where it wouldn't make sense, but to a far lesser degree. We can overlook things like this fairly easily.

Last edited:
Hopefully its not a shitty implementation like in the Witcher 3
I agree I really disliked how they implemented NG+ in the Witcher 3

What I'm sorta hoping for is gaining more attribute and skill points over the course of multiple playthroughs. Allowing you access to more dialog and action options for more versatile playability.

I do hope there will be a new game+, it could be fun carrying some stuff over while still having the option to pick a new life path or make different choices without having to start over fresh.

I agree I really disliked how they implemented NG+ in the Witcher 3

What I'm sorta hoping for is gaining more attribute and skill points over the course of multiple playthroughs. Allowing you access to more dialog and action options for more versatile playability.
I forget, how was New Game + done in the Witcher 3?

I forget, how was New Game + done in the Witcher 3?

So in the witcher 3 you kept everything your character had skills included, but all of the enemies got proportionally more difficult dependent on the level you completed the game at. So your strongest weapons and armor are now weaker than the weakest weapon and armor in the new game.

I don't care to bring everything over as to me that isn't starting a new game over in my opinion, but I can get over it.

Bringing all of your skills over isn't my preferred method either. I would prefer something like the "Tales of..." or the "Shin Megami Tensai" series do which tallies the achievements you accomplished in the game and you can spend that on bonuses and unlockables. That's actually THE BEST way to new game plus in my opinion. Alternatively you can provide additional attribute and skill points per playthrough (preferably dependent on level/achievements through the game) to allow for a more versatile playthrough.

Lastly, and this made it the worst NG+ in my opinion, it was how they leveled everything dependent on your level. I get they wanted to keep the challenge level, but the way they did that doesn't jive with many people. There were much better ways of going about it. Such as not carrying over everything. Just keep the Witcher gear, revert back to level 1, maybe thrown in a few bonus points to allocate.

Actually that's not the last thing. I probably could have overlooked all of that, but for some reason they got rid of all the Gwent cards you collected! That was likely the thing to have ticked me off the most.

Deus Ex: MD did a good NG+ in my opinion: you kept everything and started a new game. Enemies were the same difficulty and you had all the upgrades and money so scrounging for stuff wasn't required. It allowed you to experiment with the different play styles.

I don't like enemies leveled to your own level. My one gripe with TW3. Why level up at all? Seems like a contradiction.

For me all of the replayability comes from being able to play different characters, so I'm not really concerned with whether or not new game+ exists. I don't have anything against it existing, just adding a different pov to the conversation.

How about this. I have been watching lore videos all night and stumbled onto this video (posted below) at the time these guys played there were three distinct lifepaths "Corpo" "Streetkid" and "Nomad" I do hope there will be more, but for the moment lets assume that's it. One interesting way we could go about new game plus (assuming they don't go the route of giving bonus attribute and perk points) giving a specific bonus for each path.

The first that comes to mind is to give the lingo of the completed run. So if you ran as a corpo first and a streetkid next that streetkid knows corpo lingo. It would be interesting, but it might be game breaking, literally, opening different paths that aren't meant to connect, not to mention it would not make sense.

So the second thing that comes to mind. Going from Corpo to anything you might get a bonus to Cool or Attractiveness. Just some specific advantage that one lifepath might have over another. This I think is VERY viable.

The third would be again lifepath specific, but some sort of in-game advantage. You get additional contacts, bonus money, gear, etc...This would have a similar problem to the first where it wouldn't make sense, but to a far lesser degree. We can overlook things like this fairly easily.

So in the witcher 3 you kept everything your character had skills included, but all of the enemies got proportionally more difficult dependent on the level you completed the game at. So your strongest weapons and armor are now weaker than the weakest weapon and armor in the new game.

I don't care to bring everything over as to me that isn't starting a new game over in my opinion, but I can get over it.

Bringing all of your skills over isn't my preferred method either. I would prefer something like the "Tales of..." or the "Shin Megami Tensai" series do which tallies the achievements you accomplished in the game and you can spend that on bonuses and unlockables. That's actually THE BEST way to new game plus in my opinion. Alternatively you can provide additional attribute and skill points per playthrough (preferably dependent on level/achievements through the game) to allow for a more versatile playthrough.

Lastly, and this made it the worst NG+ in my opinion, it was how they leveled everything dependent on your level. I get they wanted to keep the challenge level, but the way they did that doesn't jive with many people. There were much better ways of going about it. Such as not carrying over everything. Just keep the Witcher gear, revert back to level 1, maybe thrown in a few bonus points to allocate.

Actually that's not the last thing. I probably could have overlooked all of that, but for some reason they got rid of all the Gwent cards you collected! That was likely the thing to have ticked me off the most.
That's extremely frustrating. I vaguely remember being frustrated and losing interest at some point.
The best New Game + for me would be for me to keep all my skills and upgrades and armor and weapons and inventory and everything all unlocked, and be able to start in the beginning and basically feel like an unstoppable super hero. I strongly dislike it when games make my character weaker or take away my stuff I earned. It's silly. The whole point of New Game + for me is to start at the beginning of the game with maxed out super hero stats and items and feel so powerful that I just can have fun like I'm an action hero like dead pool or something. I love beating the game and getting super over powered and then just being so strong I can go and New Game + and focus on the story while defeating everyone effortlessly. I mean, I beat the game, so I earned it right? Why stop me from having fun? So yea, I really hope the New Game + for Cyberpunk2077 is made with fun as its first priority. :D
Isn’t a ”newgame+” kinda counterintuitive in a game like this?
Look I love the idea of New Game + I'm just saying.... But if you want to not have New Game + theoretically speaking you could just delete your own save game :shrug: I'm 100% serious, and I'm not trying to be rude. If you want a punishing game play experience, then when you get to the end of the game, you could theoretically delete your save file and start all over, because that's exactly what it would be like for 100% of all players if New Game + didn't exist. I'm just saying, seriously please don't take this the wrong way, It's hard to convey tone over text on the internet. :)

Personally, I really want New Game + and I plan to use it a lot and have tons of fun with it, and undoubtedly my fun would be considered by some as cheating, but there are huge amounts of people like me that absolutely disagree and would never consider New Game + to be cheating.

Also, what's the point of earning and working and fighting my way all the way to level 100, only to be level 100 at the end of the game? The game is already over so I can't even enjoy being level 100. The game ends, and I lose all my progress? That's horrible! :cry: I don't say "Yay!!! Replayability!!!!!" I say "OHH NOOO!!!! I have to grind and level up all over again! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

The game is already replayable, and I don't need an incentive. I already want to replay the game. Punishing me by taking things away from me to force me to play again doesn't make me play again more, it makes me play again less, or not at all. Incentives that take away from the player or punish them to force them to take an action like replaying the whole entire game all over again only diminish the experience and ruin it. All this considering the fact that I already chose to replay the game without a punishment or harsh incentive. I just want to have fun, this is the only reason I'm playing video games, to have fun. If my enjoyment is sabotaged by people trying to force me to play a certain way, then why am I even playing a video game anymore?

I'm not saying anything bad about anyone or judging anyone, I'm just making a curious observation here. I notice a trend over the years where there's lots of people who play video games as a chore and a grind so that they can feel a sense of accomplishment from completing...... a bad experience. Wait what? See what I said there? Weird right? They intentionally want to complete a game just because it's painful, or tedious, or just plain bad. Not even a challenge, just... pain. Like the experience is actually psychologically painful. There are actually some people out there who intentionally play games that cause them to suffer, on purpose. I respect other peoples opinions and they can like whatever they want, and I don't judge that, but in my opinion which I also have a right to, I honestly say that I will never ever in a million years understand the mindset of playing any video game for any reason other than the purest and simplest reason: the enjoyment factor (or the fun factor)

I'm honestly looking for a fun experience. Life has its limitations, but in a fun video game I can sit down and play and do whatever I feel like. The moment a video game starts to stop me and block me from having fun and punishing me and taking things away, I just quit and never play it again, because at that point it's the same as real life, and unfair to the maximum.

Honestly in my opinion, I say just give everyone the option to have New Game +........... Everyone who doesn't want New Game + just consentingly choose to intentionally delete their own save file. It achieves the same exact result as if you didn't get New Game +, but everyone who did want New Game + will be happy, so everyone wins.

It would be horrible to take a wonderful thing away from everyone for no reason.
you kept everything and started a new game. Enemies were the same difficulty and you had all the upgrades and money so scrounging for stuff wasn't required. It allowed you to experiment with the different play styles.
YESSSSSSS :eek::D:D:D:eek::D:eek::D
NG+ isn't needed in CP77, if content is locked by levels.
If content is locked by levels somehow, and a player levels up to max level at the end of the game, then they beat the game, select New Game +, and it lets them keep everything (like absolutely everything) including their level, then the content locks wont be in the way of the player, which is actually really fun and great, and I would love that.
How about this. I have been watching lore videos all night and stumbled onto this video (posted below) at the time these guys played there were three distinct lifepaths "Corpo" "Streetkid" and "Nomad" I do hope there will be more, but for the moment lets assume that's it. One interesting way we could go about new game plus (assuming they don't go the route of giving bonus attribute and perk points) giving a specific bonus for each path.

I WOULD LOVE THIS! :D:D:D:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y):eek::eek::cool::smart::beer::sleep:
I would Triple New Game + the game, meaning that I would choose life path 1, then New Game + at the end, choose a different life path, New Game + at the end again, and then choose the final third life path I didn't choose yet, and New Game + again a third time, and then of course I could choose any life path I want after, BUT.... This would result in having a TRIPLE New Game + character that has 100% of ALL dialogue options 100% available and all potential bonuses, forever, from then on. So every time you replay the game from that point on, those bonuses and dialogue are unlocked since you %300 the entire game, as a cool reward. (Of course some people will want to have the option to turn this off, and that's great, sure why not, but I will leave my bonuses ON :D (y))

Last edited:
I would like to weigh in on another option that hasn't been mentioned yet. Shared savegame. This can be implemented in a number of ways.

For example, Diablo 3 had a chest which was tied to your account (profile) rather than your savegame/character, meaning you can switch out stuff between games. If you find a nice legendary, but you cannot use it with your current character, you can transfer it to another.

Another way is to have a shared profile. Every savegame uses that profile, which can give various perks. For example, once you have completed a life path you gain +X% bonus reputation in other playthroughs with that faction.

One more implementation could be in unique encounters. You could start a NG+, which is essentially the same as a NG, but it prioritizes unique encounters you haven't faced yet in the previous playthrough.

I would like to weigh in on another option that hasn't been mentioned yet. Shared savegame. This can be implemented in a number of ways.

For example, Diablo 3 had a chest which was tied to your account (profile) rather than your savegame/character, meaning you can switch out stuff between games. If you find a nice legendary, but you cannot use it with your current character, you can transfer it to another.

Another way is to have a shared profile. Every savegame uses that profile, which can give various perks. For example, once you have completed a life path you gain +X% bonus reputation in other playthroughs with that faction.

One more implementation could be in unique encounters. You could start a NG+, which is essentially the same as a NG, but it prioritizes unique encounters you haven't faced yet in the previous playthrough.
That sounds kinda interesting! I will probably stick to single player, permanently offline, probably. I think it's also smart that everyone find a USB stick or External USB hard drive that they can trust and

:D Everyone BACK UP YOUR SAVE FILES! (and back up often) :D
You know? It's a good idea right?

Also, what's the point of earning and working and fighting my way all the way to level 100, only to be level 100 at the end of the game? The game is already over so I can't even enjoy being level 100. The game ends, and I lose all my progress? That's horrible! :cry: I don't say "Yay!!! Replayability!!!!!" I say "OHH NOOO!!!! I have to grind and level up all over again! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"
There's a lot of implication here about punishment or people wanting a certain game play out of masochism, and while I think that is true in some cases, I don't agree with that being the primary reason for a non-plus replay. I think the main reason is character progression and really emphasizing a character's uniqueness not just by what they can do, but what they can't, and what options are at their disposal. Think about movies, any time we get a character who can just do a bunch of stuff right off the bat or lack flaws a lot of people hate it. I definitely see the appeal of after playing the game a time or two having like the ultimate character who can do literally everything. For me that prospect is sort of like an all-you-can-eat-buffet, part of my brain SUPER wants it, I have every option available & I can eat until I can't, it is actually kind of difficult to say no to, but should I say yes, the experience isn't what I had in my head, the glut of options kind of cheapen the overall experience, and I'll undoubtedly walk away overfull, in pain, and generally not as happy as I would have getting one really great, specialized experience. I am fully capable of using self control to not take the option, I don't really care, but it does take a fun gaming experience and introduces the need for active self-control, similar to the argument against loot boxes & microtransactions. There isn't really a way to satisfy both of us as you see the lack of option as punishment and I see the presence of the option as unnecessary temptation, and new game+ is a pretty standard convention, so I happily concede, but I think your interpretation of why many wouldn't want NG+ is pretty uncharitable.

There's a lot of implication here about punishment or people wanting a certain game play out of masochism, and while I think that is true in some cases, I don't agree with that being the primary reason for a non-plus replay. I think the main reason is character progression and really emphasizing a character's uniqueness not just by what they can do, but what they can't, and what options are at their disposal.

I feel both sides of this. Frankly I don't like starting a new game at level 100. Leveling up IS fun for me. Not always in some games you MUST grind and grinding for grinding sake I'm just too old for. Many of you probably have not played Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter, which is a great game that unfortunately will only play on the PS2. It is an incredibly difficult game to win on the first playthrough. You're literally fighting the clock as your character is slowly dying throughout the game and if you power up to win certain fights you accelerate that clock significantly. However, with every new playthrough you get stronger and stronger unlocking new endings depending on how fast you get through the game. I think eventually you could beat the game in 10 minutes, WHICH WAS INCREDIBLE! You felt progression with every playthrough.

This is why I prefer the incremental approach. Yes you revert to level one without overpowered equipment, but you are given bonuses to strengthen your character. In this case Attribute and Perk Points. Also benefits tailored to the lifepath in this game would be great too.

I think this is a fair compromise because most of us here want to play all the life paths I think most of us don't want to start new life paths overpowered, but cutting the grind and making some of the tedious things (fine for the first playthrough) minimized is ideal for NG+ with the tedious thing dissolving more and more with each NG+

I feel both sides of this. Frankly I don't like starting a new game at level 100. Leveling up IS fun for me. Not always in some games you MUST grind and grinding for grinding sake I'm just too old for. Many of you probably have not played Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter, which is a great game that unfortunately will only play on the PS2. It is an incredibly difficult game to win on the first playthrough. You're literally fighting the clock as your character is slowly dying throughout the game and if you power up to win certain fights you accelerate that clock significantly. However, with every new playthrough you get stronger and stronger unlocking new endings depending on how fast you get through the game. I think eventually you could beat the game in 10 minutes, WHICH WAS INCREDIBLE! You felt progression with every playthrough.

This is why I prefer the incremental approach. Yes you revert to level one without overpowered equipment, but you are given bonuses to strengthen your character. In this case Attribute and Perk Points. Also benefits tailored to the lifepath in this game would be great too.

I think this is a fair compromise because most of us here want to play all the life paths I think most of us don't want to start new life paths overpowered, but cutting the grind and making some of the tedious things (fine for the first playthrough) minimized is ideal for NG+ with the tedious thing dissolving more and more with each NG+
The BoF series was great, I also think Chrono Trigger wouldn't have been the game it was without NG+, I am always for the mechanic if the game is really going to utilize it fully like through delivering new content (like endings or events) only available through it giving a sense of continual progression; I am skeptical that Cyberpunk is going to have anything like that. That said, even in the worst case scenario (being NG+ is just a way to have every thing and option), having the option, while not personally preferable, isn't going to be as impactful as ruining the game for me, and if it makes the game for someone else, do as thou wilt.

Top Bottom