New Game+

+
New Game+

Is it possible to implement NG+ mode? With gear, money, levels, upgrades all from previous game but with quests and story wiped out as well as all monsters being like 35+ ?

Is it possible to implement NG+ mode? With gear, money, levels, upgrades all from previous game but with quests and story wiped out as well as all monsters being like 35+ ?

I made a complete topic about it last week asking for the same thing. Would be great if we can start a new game but keep our current level and keep our inventory and places we got unlocked and treasure we already found etc. Something I am really interested in. Just want to replay the story and make different choices and such.

Sounds good to me.

Since there is no levelcap for Geralt it would make sense to implement it. Even if you max out all abilities you still have to choose a build. That's the main reason I#m in for NG+.

But I wonder what happens to our witcher gear for example. Does it level up too?

That is actually an amazing find! I have hopes that NG+ will not be the same thing but scaled up for characters that finished the game :) Fighting lvl 35+ dog pack even with all these great skills and gear is still a threat then possibly but you feel like a witcher too and not a novice.

Basically 2 things I want the most is Wolf School Gear and New Game+ :)

NG+ should have higher versions of gear, so you can upgrade further and some new witcher gear maybe ... would also love to see some new gwent cards which are NG+ exclusive :D

also a additional NG+ only difficutly setting thats harder than Death March which focuses on enemy AI on top of the usual scaling

Tuco

Forum veteran
I can't think of a single "NG+" mode in any game that wasn't pointless garbage. "Oh, hey, here's your chance to replay the same game, but taking away all the sense of progression and WITH ALL NUMBERS INFLATED!".
I doubt it will be any different for TW3, assuming that speculation posted above turns out to be true.

I can't think of a single "NG+" mode in any game that wasn't pointless garbage. "Oh, hey, here's your chance to replay the same game, but taking away all the sense of progression and WITH ALL NUMBERS INFLATED!".
I doubt it will be any different for TW3, assuming that speculation posted above turns out to be true.

Why? I can see that NG+ don't make much sense in games like Batman, because you get op as hell. But in the Witcher 3 you still have to choose 12 active skills. so even a maxed out char have to choose and thus would not be op.

I would totally like it! And I hope that it is true! I just finished TW3 and I definitely will replay it.

Tuco

Forum veteran
Why? I can see that NG+ don't make much sense in games like Batman, because you get op as hell. But in the Witcher 3 you still have to choose 12 active skills. so even a maxed out char have to choose and thus would not be op.
Because if I want to replay an RPG I just replay it and try things differently. Especially considering how in this genre the initial struggle with limited power and resources is very often the most exciting part of the adventure.

NG+ more often than not makes the game a whole lot harder taking into account developed character. There is still fun in making different decisions without having to relevel everything or finding stuff again. Less grind more play I would say.

I prefer NG+ with increased AI, we carry all gears, stuffs and level, but the AI is improved, it detects what buttons are we pressing and the enemy acts accordingly to counter our moves, I don't mind things like that, Geralt already has all the abilities to counter every move. All enemies' levels become Geralt's Level + X or -X depending on packs or solo or whatever works.

I suppose you have never tried any of the Souls games then?
Or Bastion or Tansistor or many other great titles made better by a New Game + feature.
I will say sometimes New Game + is implemented extremely poorly, see Darksiders 2, but some games have done it really well. Dark Souls 2 new game + is far better than the vanilla game in my opinion. More monsters, new enemy placement, some exclusive items.Great fun all around, also high level PVP, but that just became silly.

I just wish they'd put out the free DLC quicker instead of drawing it out over 8 weeks. Sure, it's kinda neat, but it makes me wonder if I'll still be playing the game by the time the last of the DLC comes out. Or, for instance, I need to wait until I'm level 37 before I can use the Nilfgaardian DLC, since I'm level 24 now, and it'll be level 10 until it gets bumped to level 37 when I get there also.

Would have been nice to have the level specific DLC out quicker so more people could use it right away, if at all.

---------- Updated at 01:53 PM ----------

I suppose you have never tried any of the Souls games then?
Or Bastion or Tansistor or many other great titles made better by a New Game + feature.
I will say sometimes New Game + is implemented extremely poorly, see Darksiders 2, but some games have done it really well. Dark Souls 2 new game + is far better than the vanilla game in my opinion. More monsters, new enemy placement, some exclusive items.Great fun all around, also high level PVP, but that just became silly.

Or Torchlight 2. I think I have three characters in NG+ in TL2 and one character in NG+++. In TL2 they inflate the numbers, sure, but there are also changes to the gameplay and creatures, as well as gear and events that doesn't show up at all in the initial playthrough.

In a Witcher 3 NG+ I would use it to try and fix all the stuff I jacked up in terms of failed missions or bad outcomes. There are a few of them I really screwed up. (Didn't just go back and reload a save to get a better result)

Last edited:
Top Bottom