New gameplay at GameSpot.

+
New gameplay at GameSpot.

During last two weeks we did our best to award a little all those Witcher fans, that have been waiting impatiently for new gameplay
videos. Today you’ll find a new material at GameSpot. The video
titled “Combat and tactics” will give you a close up on The Witcher combat system, providing some spectacular action and a short guide how to use all it’s features.
Enjoy and don’t forget to comment!

Ahh, that's fine! But it would be even better, if the speaker would be Geralt himself. :D

Nice Vid did injoy the diffent viwes and ways of combat The only thing that bugs me is that I have to put my date of brith in ever time to see the vidsIm worrie that one day Im going to get a pop up saying come on now you cant be that old to be playing games :D :D :D

had this on preorder for an absolute age now and with release date looming i cant wait watching this video has seemed to confirm everything i was hoping for complex leveling systemviewable damage when hitting (as well as being hit)large areas great graphicsmy rig currently will run this on medium but i will have a new rig by the time i become a high enough level to play in its intended glory

Yakyb said:
viewable damage when hitting (as well as being hit)
This is something I don't prefer and I hope, that it's going to be possible, to turn it off. It's great, that we won't have to improve the skills point by point, because I just don't like the mathematical point of view in RPG. If the enemy's head hits the ground, I won the fight - if not, I'll have to hit him/ her/ it again. That's it.

Rhuun said:
This is something I don't prefer and I hope, that it's going to be possible, to turn it off. It's great, that we won't have to improve the skills point by point, because I just don't like the mathematical point of view in RPG. If the enemy's head hits the ground, I won the fight - if not, I'll have to hit him/ her/ it again. That's it.
Floating messages can always be turned off :).

I'm actually very bad in maths and I hope it's not required in TW ^^The new video is just excellent, the combat style looks amazing, can't wait to use it.btwso many vids within a short periode, you just regale us with it :)

One thing I forgot to add I do like the idea of them using a circular health bar then just a health bar that hangs over there headI always find myself turing it off :D

Seeker said:
One thing I forgot to add I do like the idea of them using a circular heath bar then just a heath bar that hangs over there head
Heath bar? Translated to german it means something like 'heathland'- or 'moorland herb'-bar ... I didn't know Geralt is such consequently - you mean health bar, or? :D

I like the fluidity of the movement.All the blows and cuts come together in an unstoppable row. This remainds me of "Severance. Blade of Darkness" game. But there you need to use the movement keys to complete the combo. Here you must pay attention on the cursor to go one with the combo.

You are paying attention on the cursor on easy difficulty level. Because there is no cursor flashes on medium and hard :p (at the highest difficulty level there is no sword trails in the air too ;)).

Rhuun said:
Ahh, that's fine! But it would be even better, if the speaker would be Geralt himself. :D
That would be cool. But I also find the polish way of speaking English very funny. Gives the commentary it's own flavour. I especially like the commentary on the quest gameplay video, it's got more humour than one might usually find in gameplay videos. I was just wondering who the guy speaking is? One of the developers?Tom Gop eh, thanks Petra Silie

Rondel said:
You are paying attention on the cursor on easy difficulty level. Because there is no cursor flashes on medium and hard :p (at the highest difficulty level there is no sword trails in the air too ;)).
That's interesting. I usually play on the hardest difficulty setting from the start. I wonder if that's possible in The Witcher? Or do you need to start on easy to get the hang of it and when you've got the timing of the movements down then you can move to hard. Maybe you'd become a better swordsman by learning it the hard way, I think timing the combos would be more intuitive in that case. I wonder how the sword trails can help you get the timing right, sounds more like a visual effect to me. Speaking of visual effects: Anyone notice the wolf icon left of the healthbar? I thought it was nice the way it shook and went sort of red in combat. Sorta like the party member icons in Planescape Torment changing colour when the party members lost hp.

Rondel said:
Indeed!On medium difficulty settings you hear a sound. On the hard difficulty settings you must figure out for yourself when to click! It will be verry interesting!By the way! Anyone knows what others features are available on hard difficulty settings?

All I know you won't get so much information and assistance, but I don't know the details.@ironannoYou can choose right away the difficulty, you don't have to finish "easy" to head on to "medium" etc. But you can't change the chosen difficulty level to an other one.

PetraSilie said:
@ironannoYou can choose right away the difficulty, you don't have to finish "easy" to head on to "medium" etc. But you can't change the chosen difficulty level to an other one.
That's good to know but not really my point. What I was wondering is how hard it is to learn the swordfighting in The Witcher. If you can't change the difficulty in the middle there must be somesort of a tutorial in all difficulty modes. I wonder if on hard the glowing pointer is gone right away or do you get to practise a bit with it on? Or is there a voice in the tutorial that tells you when to click again? It's not as simple as your typical RPG where you just point and click, there is a learning curve to it. Any idea what the tutorial is like? That's pretty much what I'm interested in.

First steps in Kaer Morhen are some kind of tutorial. You will learn there how to fight, use alchemy etc. On the hard difficulty, you must click on the opponent at the end of the combo (animation) to begin next combos. You will see it (each combo has different animation), so you dont need flashing cursor etc.

Rondel said:
Nope, In fact there are such cursor flashes also on medium difficulty setting :).
Rondel said:
On the hard difficulty, you must click on the opponent at the end of the combo (animation) to begin next combos. You will see it (each combo has different animation), so you dont need flashing cursor etc.
Devs simply assume, that if you play on 'hard' you don't need such a help :). However, sounds during executing of a sequence as well as sword's trails are sometimes helpful.

Top Bottom