New gameplay at IGN!

+
New gameplay at IGN!

Today a new gameplay video from The Witcher was posted at IGN. This one is titled „Vizima according to Geralt”. It’s easy to notice that you will see the city from the perspective of the main hero’s view this time. Geralt will guide you through few districts, and give a biting comment on approached events and situations. You’ll see both rich and prospering parts of the city as well as poor and neglected. Vizima is a real, living it’s own life agglomeration with citizens interacting between themselves. Also a citizen that is living in the sewers, making his day by devouring decent tax payers. A walk in the gutter is not probably the best way to spend an evening in the city, but well... you don’t pick and choose contracts if you are the witcher.Enjoy, and don’t forget to comment!

OMG, that movie is freaking fantastic. The boy with sling, the witcher and a nasty creature... Could you ask for more? :D:D:D

Excelent video! More of that! Geralt reminds me of one of my favorite characters from videogames: Kain, the vampire from Legacy of Kain Series!By the way, Geralt should get a part time job for a tourist agency!

If before i watched this trailer i couldn't wait to get my hands on the game, now, after I've watched it, i'm tempted to try Cartmans idea about how to get his hands on the Wii faster. Alas, I do not fit in the fridge and there's no snow here. :)

Sweet. Although the lips are out of synch most of the time, the voice-acting is more than decent. I like it. And it's the first time I got to see the "inner structure" of a town. Looks reasonable and believable. I really like it. Looking forward more and more to this game.

lip sync and hand animations are below par. but overall "vibe" and "atmosphere" are very good.i fear that if geralt talks the whole game with that voice it will become goofy....not everything is THAT importantto use that serious tone....and some jokes sound funny (in a ackward way) on english.but all in all, I love the little touches, the townsfolk, art direction. very solid.

Does anyone know if those voice overs will be in the final game? If they are, that would be FRIGGIN SWEET. See, one of the toughest jobs for roll playing games is to immerse the player into the game world. While you can have great art, perfect voice work, and interesting characters, what's always missing is the history of where you are, particularly as told by who your character is. Having the main character tell you about where you are as you get there is a perfect narrative device, giving all sorts of background and interesting tid-bits. So long as it's done tastefully and with humor on occasion, I'd love it.

Cliffracer said:
Does anyone know if those voice overs will be in the final game? If they are, that would be FRIGGIN SWEET. See, one of the toughest jobs for roll playing games is to immerse the player into the game world. While you can have great art, perfect voice work, and interesting characters, what's always missing is the history of where you are, particularly as told by who your character is. Having the main character tell you about where you are as you get there is a perfect narrative device, giving all sorts of background and interesting tid-bits. So long as it's done tastefully and with humor on occasion, I'd love it.
That IS Geralt's english voice.As far as the narration, I don't think that the narration will be there the whole time (though I wouldn't mind it)... I think it was just in the trailer as a promotional piece.

I cant imagine he would go around telling you stuff about every place you enter, and if he does, it'd certainly drive me mad the third time I play through :)Great promo-vid tho, setting, narrative and content. Thumbs up, hope we get to see some more :)

Thanks for the tour, Geralt. I enjoyed it a lot. I didnt realize that elf-lynching was a something to make jokes of.Nice feel of living city there, people doing their chores, soldiers training and so on. Geralts comments were so neat, in my opinion they fit the character of Geralt spot on. "Lot of new faces in the hospital. This ditch might come handy. The other end of recovery" (Or something like that)Is the person who is "all-powerful in this neightborhood" a gnome or a human kid?

KramP said:
Thanks for the tour, Geralt. I enjoyed it a lot. I didnt realize that elf-lynching was a something to make jokes of.Nice feel of living city there, people doing their chores, soldiers training and so on. Geralts comments were so neat, in my opinion they fit the character of Geralt spot on. "Lot of new faces in the hospital. This ditch might come handy. The other end of recovery" (Or something like that)Is the person who is "all-powerful in this neightborhood" a gnome or a human kid?
I think gnome..he lives in non-human district.

MasPingon said:
He looks like halfling and has a halfling weapon. Yeah, he must be a gnome
He looks like a little boy to me.And you're probably confusing a sling with a sling-shot, the latter of which being usually used by young boys and hardly being a real weapon (not to mention a "halfing weapon" :eek:).Perhaps it's time to drop the sarcasm.

Top Bottom