New GPU for the game

+
Hello,
I bought the game like a year ago, but only could play it with around 10 fps on avg. Now im done waiting and want to buy a nrw gpu in the next month. My budget is €200. Which GPUs can handle the game decently in that range? Im still a uni student and sadly cant afford more right now

Without knowing anything about your computer, that‘s hard to answer. But in general looking at the recommended system requirements should give you enough information. You can find those here for example:
https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt

Keep in mind, that if your CPU is too weak, getting a great GPU might not help you much.

Honestly, I would save a bit more and grab something between a GTX 980 or 1060. It would be much, much better to aim for a 980 ti or 1070 ti, however. I'm still using a 980 ti, and it's a magnificent card. Not met anything yet I can't run smoothly (50-60 FPS) at 1080p with settings at Ultra.

GTX 980 ti, 6GB will run between $600-$700 USD.
GTX 1070 ti, 6GB will be about $500.
GTX 1060 ti, 6GB is only $300-$350.

I would not go below a 1060, though, and I'd be sure it's a "ti" and has at least 6GB DDR5. That should give you decent performance and the ability to run things between Medium - Ultra for the foreseeable future. Buying anything in the 800 series at this point would be a waste of money, really. It will still be hundreds of euros for generally middling performance, and it will not offer much (if any) future-proofing.

Top Bottom