New Gwent cards + Viper gear in Hearts of Stone (spoilers)

+
Maybe they wanted us to have the "same" armor when we start ng+.(and they saw complaint from people who wanted upgrades for kaer mohren armor)

Well... I like it :)
Sold the Kaer Morhen Armor back in the days when Witcher was Version 1.01 and no item and treasure box was included in the game.... the Starting Armor can nowhere be found or bought again a second time therefore it was lost forever.
Nice to have it back :)

Well... I like it :)
Sold the Kaer Morhen Armor back in the days when Witcher was Version 1.01 and no item and treasure box was included in the game.... the Starting Armor can nowhere be found or bought again a second time therefore it was lost forever.
Nice to have it back :)
Maybe they wanted us to have the "same" armor when we start ng+.(and they saw complaint from people who wanted upgrades for kaer mohren armor)
I like it. Starting armor was always my favorite so... I'm happy.

Well then they need to work on wolf school gear...I insist that CDPR should not be such lazy. I mean I can be happy even if they remake the armor of Serrit in witcher2, a hood can be nice.

Lol i cant believe you're even complaining about this. They are nice enough to put it in the game and here you are whining. Its awesome armor and thanks cd project red for putting it in.

Lol i cant believe you're even complaining about this. They are nice enough to put it in the game and here you are whining. Its awesome armor and thanks cd project red for putting it in.

I was complaining that they had all school gear except viper one... now I wish it never existed. It is just so different with other gears, and the appearance is like modder's work (the low level kind)
CDPR put a huge effort in witcher series and I am a big fan of them... but I just don't like this perticular case

Pic please?
Nevermind I found it out....basically like the starting armor but of a different color....Well pretty disappointed was hoping for a hooded armor......with upgrades like the other witcher schools.

EDIT: For those who haven't seen the armor yet here the video of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAKaDVjbwMU

Yeesh. That's pretty lame. They shouldn't have bothered if they were just going to recolor the starting armor. There's half a dozen mods on Nexus that do this.

I wholeheartedly agree that its a really lazy decision. While I appreciate them trying to appease the people who asked for a complete set, THAT IS NOT A COMPLETE SET. I got so excited when I found out you could get actual viper gear but the fact that it's JUST the same starting armor with a slight tint makes me angry. I was never a massive fan of the starting armor but via debug console you can generate a set of kaer morhen armor thats appropriate to your level. I don't understand why they did this, time maybe? All the other armors had effort put into them but the 'viper armor'? Lackluster as hell, why would anybody wanna equip that.

I thought it was fine. I do lack the option to upgrade all of them, since you will outlevel them quickly enough if you do the NG+.

I thought it was fine. I do lack the option to upgrade all of them, since you will outlevel them quickly enough if you do the NG+.
If we can have the primary armor with first two viper swords...then store them in the box, meanwhile found other upgrade like other school's gear, and eventually get the final one in heart of stone, that would be nice . The level gap between each upgrade can be larger than other school gear, so that you can actually wear them when your other armors are bit low-level

Viper Armor...Thank you, Thank you, Thank you CDPR.

So happy to see an upgraded version of the starting armor. By far my favorite set and I'm so glad to see there is an upgraded advanced set. Thank you so much for adding this CDPR.

I love the fact that we get a stronger version of the starting gear. But yeah, it was kinda unnecessary to call it Viper gear. Could have just called it 'Ancient/Legendary' Kaer Morhen armor and have a separate original Viper gear

P.S. - tho after seeing the size of the HoS expansion, I'd avoid using the word 'lazy' on CDPR

Last edited:
Yeah, it is crazy. I don't get it - either do it properly with a new design, or don't do it at all. To reskin a starter armor, change its stats and get a fancy name - it is not even funny, it is childish. In case you CDPR did not get it, we did not ask for some re-skinned armor BE NAMED "Viper School Gear", we asked for an original armor. What we got is a joke.

In general, such small stupid things from CDPR are starting to alarm me.

So happy to see an upgraded version of the starting armor. By far my favorite set and I'm so glad to see there is an upgraded advanced set. Thank you so much for adding this CDPR.

Well, they just could make the starting armor itself upgradable, as school armors. No need to give it some fancy name and irritate those of us who expected an original design. Now it feels like a petty revenge of a disgruntled teenager - you got what you wanted, bitches, enjoy!

Well, they just could make the starting armor itself upgradable, as school armors. No need to give it some fancy name and irritate those of us who expected an original design. Now it feels like a petty revenge of a disgruntled teenager - you got what you wanted, bitches, enjoy!

Yup, this guy knows

Oh II forgot... there is another new card... the Toad Prince which you get from the guy at the auction if you beat him. But still no Shani... that is infuriating.

Saying that the devs are being lazy is unfair. I deeply regret you took it that way guys, lots of people asked for an enhanced starting armor, now we got it and everybody's bitching about it. Look at the size of this DLC, look at its price (optionally, look at other games like Destiny on consoles which give you a few emotes and dyes for twice this amount of money), now pretty please remove the words "lazy" and "childish" from your posts. I just can't understand those bad reactions.

Top Bottom