New hotfix is live!

+
There are faction-specific lock units for SK, ST, NG (quite obviously) & NR. Guess what? All of them trade up in terms of provisions when locking Dettlaff HV. It is sensible to run at least 1 lock for other match ups as well given that most decks have something that brings added value to the board after the turn that they're played. So this is not a case of having a dead card in hand vs. an absence of Dettlaff HV as it were for artifact removal cards that were included for the sole purpose of countering Spears/Sihil.

Should I mention all the other cards that suppress Dettlaff HV? I feel like I shouldn't have to but I'll take the time to answer you as you did for me.

Dorregaray of Vole, Aguarra, Geralt: Yrden (on Kayran), Leo (on Kayran), Geralt of Rivia (on Kayran), Peter (on Kayran), Scorch (on Kayran), Curse of Corruption (on Kayran), Crach ping + Regis Bloodlust/Ifrit/bombs, Eithne ping + Regis Bloodlust/Ifrit/bombs, Dettlaff ping + Regis Bloodlust/Ifrit/bombs, Brouver ping + Regis Bloodlust/Ifrit/bombs.

I think you're missing the forest for the trees here. Yes, there is counter-play to Dettlaff: HV. There is counter-play to everything. Consider for a moment what happens when this counter-play isn't drawn, carried or gets countered itself. A 10p card can net 20 points. The setup requirements to get those 20 points aren't reasonable. If a card is going to give ridiculous point value in an ideal scenario relative to the cost that ideal scenario should be difficult to achieve. It should take a lot of setup, a specific board state, something, anything. It shouldn't consist of putting a single card on a board and playing another single card.

As mentioned earlier, it's still a good card. 15 points for 10 provisions is pretty good value. Even with possible counter-play it's good value when it requires 2-3 turns to achieve.

Now let me explain to you why the leader nerf is not fine. The change doesn't further enable the vampire archetype; it further disables it with the less likely outcome of Dettlaff spawning a token. Dettlaff is a control leader by design and 9 points of "true potential" won't always be achievable just like how you can fathom that a succession of NR engines could theoretically bring X amount of points if they all survive. Crach is a non-conditional 8 points, Woodland is a non-conditional 8 points, Meve is a non-conditional 8 points... so what of it?

Also, don't mention Crimson Curse for the sake of me taking your argument seriously. CC is not a competitive card.

I stand by it: The nerf should have been to bring his provisions down to still make him a prominent leader in the meta without having him completely dominating it. Woodland will likely replace him now.

No arguments here. Like I said, yet again they take the easy road, change a number and slapped fixed on it. Before the change the leader was everywhere. Now everyone probably swapped to other MS leaders. Sounds like a fix to me...

There are faction-specific lock units for SK, ST, NG (quite obviously) & NR. Guess what? All of them trade up in terms of provisions when locking Dettlaff HV. It is sensible to run at least 1 lock for other match ups as well given that most decks have something that brings added value to the board after the turn that they're played. So this is not a case of having a dead card in hand vs. an absence of Dettlaff HV as it were for artifact removal cards that were included for the sole purpose of countering Spears/Sihil.

Should I mention all the other cards that suppress Dettlaff HV? I feel like I shouldn't have to but I'll take the time to answer you as you did for me.

Dorregaray of Vole, Aguarra, Geralt: Yrden (on Kayran), Leo (on Kayran), Geralt of Rivia (on Kayran), Peter (on Kayran), Scorch (on Kayran), Curse of Corruption (on Kayran), Crach ping + Regis Bloodlust/Ifrit/bombs, Eithne ping + Regis Bloodlust/Ifrit/bombs, Dettlaff ping + Regis Bloodlust/Ifrit/bombs, Brouver ping + Regis Bloodlust/Ifrit/bombs.

Now let me explain to you why the leader nerf is not fine. The change doesn't further enable the vampire archetype; it further disables it with the less likely outcome of Dettlaff spawning a token. Dettlaff is a control leader by design and 9 points of "true potential" won't always be achievable just like how you can fathom that a succession of NR engines could theoretically bring X amount of points if they all survive. Crach is a non-conditional 8 points, Woodland is a non-conditional 8 points, Meve is a non-conditional 8 points... so what of it?

Also, don't mention Crimson Curse for the sake of me taking your argument seriously. CC is not a competitive card.

I stand by it: The nerf should have been to bring his provisions down to still make him a prominent leader in the meta without having him completely dominating it. Woodland will likely replace him now.

Do you want me to mention all the cards that DON'T counter Dettlaff: HV? Of course not, that'd be absurd. I don't see the point in mentioning all the cards that counter that card specifically, pretty much every card in the game has a counter now. The card needed a nerf.

I mean, do Monster decks really need a leader that provides more removal? The meta's already heavy with cards that do damage. The change isn't going to kill the leader, Monsters already have a lot of removal and disruptive tools are their disposal. I'm sure some players will still make Dettlaff work. If you think he's trash now then don't use him and stick to Woodland Thrive.

Do you want me to mention all the cards that DON'T counter Dettlaff: HV? Of course not, that'd be absurd. I don't see the point in mentioning all the cards that counter that card specifically, pretty much every card in the game has a counter now. The card needed a nerf.

I mean, do Monster decks really need a leader that provides more removal? The meta's already heavy with cards that do damage. The change isn't going to kill the leader, Monsters already have a lot of removal and disruptive tools are their disposal. I'm sure some players will still make Dettlaff work. If you think he's trash now then don't use him and stick to Woodland Thrive.

If you've taken into consideration what I've said then you'd probably know that I don't want to play Woodland thrive. I'm not a big MO player in the first place; I haven't touched Gernichora at all and the only leader that was interesting to me before CC was Elder.

Dettlaff brought the control archetype to another level and after a week he's sitting on the shelf. That's a problem in and of itself. You introduce new leaders and you want them to see play; not to the extent that they're dominating but to a point where they're playable higher up the ladder.

If you've taken into consideration what I've said then you'd probably know that I don't want to play Woodland thrive. I'm not a big MO player in the first place; I haven't touched Gernichora at all and the only leader that was interesting to me before CC was Elder.

Dettlaff brought the control archetype to another level and after a week he's sitting on the shelf. That's a problem in and of itself. You introduce new leaders and you want them to see play; not to the extent that they're dominating but to a point where they're playable higher up the ladder.

I tried Dettlaff myself for a few hours and I still think he's a fine leader honestly. I think the problem comes with the actual vampire cards that were introduced in Crimson Curse. The majority of them are weak, some are even unplayable. I would much rather see those cards get buffed. I think, in time, Dettlaff will shine again and will actually be able to support the archetype he's supposed to work with. I don't want him turning into a leader that no one uses so I guess we'll see what CDPR does with him.

I think you're missing the forest for the trees here. Yes, there is counter-play to Dettlaff: HV. There is counter-play to everything. Consider for a moment what happens when this counter-play isn't drawn, carried or gets countered itself. A 10p card can net 20 points. The setup requirements to get those 20 points aren't reasonable. If a card is going to give ridiculous point value in an ideal scenario relative to the cost that ideal scenario should be difficult to achieve. It should take a lot of setup, a specific board state, something, anything. It shouldn't consist of putting a single card on a board and playing another single card.

As mentioned earlier, it's still a good card. 15 points for 10 provisions is pretty good value. Even with possible counter-play it's good value when it requires 2-3 turns to achieve.

No arguments here. Like I said, yet again they take the easy road, change a number and slapped fixed on it. Before the change the leader was everywhere. Now everyone probably swapped to other MS leaders. Sounds like a fix to me...

I can get behind what you're saying about HV. Nonetheless, I felt like he wasn't causing a big problem with the 3 charges.

Usurper...lock/lock/lock haha sad. That netdeck beat me by 8 points, they had CA.This was seasonal though.
Everything is lock and damage, boring.

So many players are running removal. Funny enough, I'm actually winning this time around. It's just that every deck I'm going against has the same cards. Ifrit, Regis: Bloodlust and sometimes Gimpy or Ocvist. It's getting real boring seeing the same group of neutral cards in every deck. Oh well, at least I'm managing to pull some wins with Emhyr which I find surprising.

Also, I'm seeing a lot more players adding even more removal in their Dettlaff decks lol. MO players are always the most annoying. :shrug:

DRK3

Forum veteran
They need to fix Champion of Svalblod - when that NG dude that sets highest unit on opponents hand to 1, and it happens to be Vykaarl, he should immediately transform to Champion of Svalblod, since Berserk is instantaneous as soon as the condition is met, unlike Olaf which is Order based.

Here's proof (cost me the game)
Champion of Svalblod Bug.jpg

They need to fix Champion of Svalblod - when that NG dude that sets highest unit on opponents hand to 1, and it happens to be Vykaarl, he should immediately transform to Champion of Svalblod, since Berserk is instantaneous as soon as the condition is met, unlike Olaf which is Order based.

Here's proof (cost me the game)
View attachment 10996951

Today I also had this problem, I had to open a call

I'm sorta surprised that something of Gorgon and Regis:Bloodlust haven't received a small nerf. So far these cards are so powerful that I see them in 95% of deck, past rank 10.

Moreover Regis just make the Ifrit pointless, having the same but better ability for the same provision.

I'm sorta surprised that something of Gorgon and Regis:Bloodlust haven't received a small nerf. So far these cards are so powerful that I see them in 95% of deck, past rank 10.

Moreover Regis just make the Ifrit pointless, having the same but better ability for the same provision.

They're everywhere actually, not just below rank 10. Real annoying anyways.

Hi all,
I've been a player since closed beta and followed the forum for a while but this is my first time posting.
I just wanted to post here first to say thanks to CDPR for their work. Although indeed there is still a lot of balance issue, I feel that the game is still pretty enjoyable (took me a while to get used to the homecoming changes). Especially since it's still free to play, free crimson curse expansion, generous rewards compared to other CCG and all. Also thanks for the 2 fast hotfix after CC and the little adjustments like Detlaff nerf.
Post automatically merged:

Also that is true and was one of the suggestions I had. I guess it is coming next patch but an increase of 1 provision could do the trick?

Ifrit was pretty much pointless before too, with Chironex doing the exactly same and even having synergy.
And Regis:Bloodthirst doesn't seem too strong to me, as his banishment is only really usefull against MO and a couple of decks.

Top Bottom