New Info?

+
New Info?

Just stumbled upon this on reddit.

Bullet points on new stuff:
  • Consequence and character variation based on previous choices.
  • New minigames.
  • ~30 outfits in TW3.
  • Horses have stats, can be trained, Geralt will talk to Roach.
  • Something special regarding additional weaponry which is a surprise for now.
  • Group finishers will not be cutscene-esque like TW2.

sidspyker said:
  • Geralt will talk to Roach.
YES! Hmm... I'm cirious if it'll be through dialogue options or whether Geralt'll just say something during the travel.

All superb.

However I have to say out of all of them the 'no cutscenes for finishers' made me the most giddy. It works in the Arkham Series because it's just the final enemy, but the way it works in like TW2 & Deus Ex: HR always bothered me just because it pulls you out for a moment & that moment is enough to make you lose your 'flow'.

Finishers in TW1 were perfect, hopefully it'll be something similar to that.

Here is post from where this information was taken.
http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/34364-interviews-and-articles-on-tw3/page__view__findpost__p__1078922
Translation is not the best, but I tried to save meaning of what they said.

Rauter said:
YES! /> Hmm... I'm cirious if it'll be through dialogue options or whether Geralt'll just say something during the travel.

You wrote "cirious".
I shall like this post immediately.

These are some awesome new facts.
Geralt can talk to Roach ? Horses can be trained ?

I imagine it like this:

Geralt: "Ok, Roach. Are you ready for your training ?"
Roach: "Weeeeheheheee"
Geralt: "Alright. Hold the blade up like this, use the weight of the hilt to create momentum when you swing it..."

:p

Dice is gone, sad now.
Everything else sounds good.
Geralt should be able to threaten the horse: "I will replace you fora mule, or a goat."

edit:
I really hope stealing isn't mandatory, or the only way to survive and solve quests. If it's there fine, for others, but make it optional.

Why did they cut the dice poker though? Yeah some people didnt find the game fun but it was part of the world since the first game and not seeing it anywhere in the open world of TW3 will be kind of odd.

Red0oG said:
Why did they cut the dice poker though? Yeah some people didnt find the game fun but it was part of the world since the first game and not seeing it anywhere in the open world of TW3 will be kind of odd.

Jerf pointed out in another thread, that it might be a translation error. I wouldn't assume anything yet.

Agent_Blue

KnightofPhoenix said:
Aaaaah!

This has been the most exciting news in the past few months.

Well, an interesting development for sure, but not revolutionary.

Speed, endurance, weight/volume carrying capacity and stench all seem good contenders.

By all means have stats have visible effects.

Agent_Blue

Free advice, Ysmirson:

Take it down, or it will be taken for you.

The cat pic, I mean. :D

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MAN! 30 outfits!!! :D

I'm so fucking extatic right now, move away people! I'm about to punch someone and then kiss him! AND THEN PUNCH HIM AGAIN JUST BECAUSE I CAN!

This is so beast. As a person who can spend hours customizing my character in any game that allows it, this shit makes me so happy :) I can't wait to personalize my Geralt. Oh man, I'm gonna look so badass!

And weapons too? Holy shit. Does that mean that we'll be able to wield rapiers? Alright, alright, I need to calm my hairy ass down. But this is exciting stuff man! :D Oh man, playing an open world game by RED, featuring a really cool world and main character, solid writing, excellent art direction, and now outfits. Me happy nao.

Top Bottom