New interview with Adam Badowski

+
New interview with Adam Badowski

Gamingnexus has just posted a rather extensive interview with head of CD Projekt RED Studio, Adam Badowski. Adam answers a lot of questions our fans have been asking us recently, covering topics such as censorship, adapting the game to Xbox 360 and much more. You can read the whole interview here.

Hmm well i dont have much to say about the interview except that it was abit disappointing just lots of... PR talk...

You'r getting very good at not saying much.
I particularly liked the answer to the last question. :)
PR talk's fine - the game deserves to be talked up. Get as much publicity as you can!

dragonbird said:
PR talk's fine - the game deserves to be talked up. Get as much publicity as you can!

Yeah, but I still think they should concentrate on CONSOLE portals & sites.

Great to see that no content had to be censored. Can't wait to bed all the possible women. :p This game can't come soon enough! Keep the videos and interviews coming.

Isn't that bit of information new that both of those AAA+ titles in 2014 and 2015 will be story-driven, non-linear RPGs?
If so, great news!

If not... well, great old news!

gab961111 said:
They seem to focus a lot about Radovid.

Seems very appropiate since we are very exposed to what's happening in Temeria, Kaedwen (with Henselt) and Aedirn (with Saskia and Stennis). Radovid's Redonia is the only one we didn't get much contextualization

gregski said:
Yeah, but I still think they should concentrate on CONSOLE portals & sites.
They're getting great buzz at Gamespot and The Escapist already (Yahtzee notwithstanding) due to some outspoken fans on both editorial staffs, and that's good considering the 360's North American install-base.

dragonbird said:

You don't say. My favourite is the answer to this question:
What was the hardest part of adapting the PC game to the Xbox 360? Were there any compromises you had to make with the Xbox 360 version?
The PC and the Xbox are different platforms that provide different performance levels. And we wanted to give console gamers the same experience that PC players had. This required a lot of effort from the start. The REDengine is a great tool, a tool that was created with multiple platforms in mind. The game is massive, and adapting it to the Xbox hardware was difficult, but in the end we prevailed! I think we pushed the Xbox 360 to its limits and are giving console players one of the best looking games to be released on their platform.
The answer given is only remotely related to the question asked. I was actually very curious to hear about difficulties and challenges, and possible compromises they had to make, but all I got was yet another statement (just as the one in an earlier answer, in the same interview!) about how beautiful the game looks. It's laughable, but understandable, I guess, and I won't hold it against them too much. I do miss the more personal and open-hearted interviews, however.

Kindo said:
I do miss the more personal and open-hearted interviews, however.

Me too. But it would have to be Tom Gop sharing his passion, not the CEO doing his business.

Kindo said:
You don't say. My favourite is the answer to this question:

The answer given is only remotely related to the question asked. I was actually very curious to hear about difficulties and challenges, and possible compromises they had to make, but all I got was yet another statement (just as the one in an earlier answer, in the same interview!) about how beautiful the game looks. It's laughable, but understandable, I guess, and I won't hold it against them too much. I do miss the more personal and open-hearted interviews, however.

I thought he answered the question. From that answer it seems like the hardest part was trying to get everything working with the relatively limited hardware in the 360, but they managed to do it without having to significantly compromise anything in the game.

I loved the line about rolling through pools of monster blood. Most of the rest of the interview seemed very focused on the message they were trying to get out, but that line sounded like an enthusiastic fanboy talking. :D

I also thought this line was interesting: Don’t worry, we added some content to the Enhanced Edition to make new players familiar with both – the game world and the first part of the game. Even though I've played TW1 and read Sapkowski, I'm looking forward to seeing the orientation they give to new players. Maybe they could add the CGI intro from TW1 to the XBox version, since XBox players never got that movie. It was a great intro to what Geralt can do.

Also we re-adapted the controls for the Xbox gamepad, that is to say, the PC version supported gamepad controls, but now they’re close to being perfect.

Hopefully this is one of the things that comes over to PC with the patch - I've played through using a gamepad and whilst it's pretty good, it could be better (menus and the like spring to mind).

*edit - reads more of the interview*

These changes will not apply to the PC version. We are leaving the control system unchanged.

Well, sod. Oh well. I suppose I can live with merely getting new quests and characters :)

KnightofPhoenix said:
I had nothing to do with it...

Sure you didn't :p

KnightofPhoenix said:
I loved the line about rolling through pools of monster blood. Most of the rest of the interview seemed very focused on the message they were trying to get out, but that line sounded like an enthusiastic fanboy talking. :D

I also thought this line was interesting: Don’t worry, we added some content to the Enhanced Edition to make new players familiar with both – the game world and the first part of the game. Even though I've played TW1 and read Sapkowski, I'm looking forward to seeing the orientation they give to new players. Maybe they could add the CGI intro from TW1 to the XBox version, since XBox players never got that movie. It was a great intro to what Geralt can do.

Yeah, that's a great idea :D And they should have the ending video as well because it's important to TW2's plot to see Geralt kill the first assassin. Plus that trailer with Shilard explaining the map to Geralt was very informative, so maybe they expanded upon that to give more background info :D

KnightofPhoenix said:
Hopefully this is one of the things that comes over to PC with the patch - I've played through using a gamepad and whilst it's pretty good, it could be better (menus and the like spring to mind).

*edit - reads more of the interview*

Well, sod. Oh well. I suppose I can live with merely getting new quests and characters :)

They've already gotten a lot of complaints that the PC version's controls were "consolized" (even though I personally think TW2 works fine with keyboard/mouse) so the last thing they would want to say in an interview is that they will change the PC controls to match 360 :p

Maybe later on if the 360's controls are well-received they might possibly get fancy and have a different interface for PC if you are using a gamepad (a few other games have done that in the past). However I don't know how well that would work overall. Generally the developers who go to that much effort have already made the keyboard/mouse controls very good so I don't think I've ever used a gamepad in one of those games :p

Top Bottom