New interview with CDPR about CP2077 on Rock, Paper, Shotgun

+
Well, CDPR shoud definitely get a discount on future CP2077 advertisements on RPS in return for the clicks the site receives from every article about the game's trailer.

459 comments there, lol.

Yngh

Forum veteran
RPS has become a shithole, like any of the other "major gaming journalism" sites. Look at his questions, he keeps trying to find some meaning which might stir up controversy that isn't there. Projection, at its basest. If all you see is a scantily clad woman on the street, the problem is with you, not the makers of the trailers.

"Why that woman?"
"Why not that woman"

That was so nicely told.

And the other part where he implies this is a horrible thing because it happens to a female character. Don't even bother looking at the comment section, it's a cesspool.
I definitely agree about the comment section. However, I still like RPS. It's not a perfect site, but they have OK articles, too, and I like initiatives like Kickstarter Katchup. The people from RPS are simply too sensitive about that whole sexism "controversy" and since there are so many crappy female characters in games whose only purpose is to attract teenagers, some people are overreacting to the cyber-psycho girl from the teaser. S*it happens... Now we need to get some real info on the game so that we can talk about sth else.

Now we need to get some real info on the game so that we can talk about sth else.

Couldn't agree more with you. Perhaps the interview with Mike Pondsmith will be more like this.

Still, these are gonna be a long two years to wait for it. But I'm willing to wait for it, because it'll be worth it.

Couldn't agree more with you. Perhaps the interview with Mike Pondsmith will be more like this.

Still, these are gonna be a long two years to wait for it. But I'm willing to wait for it, because it'll be worth it.

you have to wait till Feb 5 for more

Yngh

Forum veteran
Nah, I think they got told enough as it is by Mateusz.
You never know. They may hide it under sth else, e.g. "So, Mike, what do you think about social commentary in games? How should issues like sexism be approached? Because, you know, there is this scantily-clad woman from the teaser (...)" :p.

You never know. They may hide it under sth else, e.g. "So, Mike, what do you think about social commentary in games? How should issues like sexism be approached? Because, you know, there is this scantily-clad woman from the teaser (...)" :p.

It'll just go to show they're nothing more than a glorified blogspot, similar to Kotaku, who can't keep their minds off "first world problems".

Honestly, I trust in CDPR like I trust in so very few developers, to stick to their own thing and ignore the rampant demands for pandering from a very vocal minority on the internet. Look at real life, none of this tumblr-crowd shit matters, because everyone knows it's just video games.

Nice interview, Im impressed by how raw it is and you could tell that he was getting fustrated with RPS questions at times when making assumptions that weren't there or were inaccurate.

Liked the expansion piece on Braindancing.

" We really want to tell a story of someone from the street, raised in the gutter, who will than stand up against the system he (or she) lives in. And that’s all you know. If you follow news about the game, you will also know that we want to put a lot of work into character customization. So how you treat your avatar in the game is completely up to you."

Im gunna go with you can play whatever gender you want, based off of this comment.

and quite frankly i would be rather disappointed if they made you play a set character rather then your own thing.

I really hope we'll be able to play a female character. Imho the interview didn't contain any information on it. Sounded to me like "maybe - maybe not". And unfortunately character customization doesn't really say anything about it, either (worst case: We get to play some typical white marine guy and get to chose hair color and beard or something). But so far things sound like there is hope ;) Well, we'll see.

Yeah and the questions were rather sub-optimal. But I guess they could've been worse. At least we got some interesting answers :) CDPR just rules ^^

They'd come away with egg on their face if they did. I mean if they want to ask CDPR about that stuff once we actually know something about the story, fine. Right now it's too soon. I just hope whoever interviews him is knowledgeable about CP 2020.

I still do not get why people think we may not even be able to play a female character.

I mean when they are going to be putting a lot of character customization into the game, that should really just state that there should be the option because. If that's not the case then well that would be incredibly disappointing and stupid on their end.

Yngh

Forum veteran
I hope that we will be able to create either a male or a female protagonist. I'm a bit worried that they haven't confirmed it yet, but maybe it will happen on the 5th of February. Damn, that date is becoming magical fast. The sceptic in me says that it will be sth much less grand that we would have liked, but then, it's probably best not to have big expectations so early on. It would be hilarious if we simply got The Witcher 3's announcement and the same PR crap about CP2077 as usual (mature, non-linear story, open world environment etc.).

The article does mention females

"...We really want to tell a story of someone from the street, raised in the gutter, who will than stand up against the system he (or she) lives in."

looking at all your replies makes me not want to read it, was it that horrible?

I really hope we'll be able to play a female character. Imho the interview didn't contain any information on it. Sounded to me like "maybe - maybe not". [...]^

I hope that we will be able to create either a male or a female protagonist. I'm a bit worried that they haven't confirmed it yet, but maybe it will happen on the 5th of February. [...].

Female characters were confirmed by the confirmation of a sandbox environment. I guess your anxiety stems from the the Witcher series featuring only male protagonist, however the Witcher is a different game. Are you suggesting CD Projekt has not yet mastered the secret technology of producing female protagonists?

Top Bottom