New interview with CDPR about CP2077 on Rock, Paper, Shotgun

+
My criticism refers to <...> the question raised about the undressed woman ...
Yeah, that one cracked me up, too.
-- Hey, we're interviewing one of those guys who stuffed The Witcher series with loads of e-sex.
-- What should we ask??
-- Dunno, maybe make a huge deal of this chick having too little clothes on. (and discard the fact that Alt Cunningham wears not much more)
People, man. People, goddammit.

As anyone who has played either of the witcher games well knows . CD Projekt RED is not one who gives any answers readily but instead at the end there are only more questions .

As much as I love RPS, they get really weird when scantily clad women are involved. Remember Witcher 2 and Meers problems with the Countess scene in the prologue?

Nice to see CDPR mention Eden, though. HYPE!

. I do find it odd they still haven't confirmed either gender as playable. You'd think that would be decided early on so artists and writers could set about creating content for both genders. .

" We really want to tell a story of someone from the street, raised in the gutter, who will than stand up against the system he (or she) lives in. And that’s all you know. If you follow news about the game, you will also know that we want to put a lot of work into character customization. So how you treat your avatar in the game is completely up to you."

Im gunna go with you can play whatever gender you want, based off of this comment.

and quite frankly i would be rather disappointed if they made you play a set character rather then your own thing.

The future of cyberpunk will not happen, because we will die earlier, eaten by leftist stupidity.

Eaten by leftist stupidity? Dude....

Can we please leave real world politics out of this, i get enough of that EVERYWHERE else.

I don't see where Nathan assumes this represents the game as a whole. I do see the bit where he asks, since the trailer is arguably the first public presentation of the setting and game, if it's fair to say both genders will be represented more equally in the final product. A question Mateusz misunderstands and then dodges.

Not misunderstands and then dodges. Recognizes the question for what it is, an attempt to sucker him into a controversy over gender equality in the game, and dismisses it as not well taken rather than telling Nathan bluntly that he's playing at straw men.

(Google Translator)

I do not write about politics. I write about the reality in which we are immersed ...

Not misunderstands and then dodges. Recognizes the question for what it is, an attempt to sucker him into a controversy over gender equality in the game, and dismisses it as not well taken rather than telling Nathan bluntly that he's playing at straw men.

RPS is getting grilled for it in the comments section big time. Really, there are far more productive questions to ask. Jumping right to sexism was lame.

(Google Translator)

I do not write about politics. I write about the reality in which we are immersed ...

As Tommy said earlier, let's drop this side-track.

Thank you for your attention, now please feel free to return to your regular programming.

RPS is getting grilled for it in the comments section big time. Really, there are far more productive questions to ask. Jumping right to sexism was lame.

There's still a depressing number of comments focussing on the perceived sexism though.

As Tommy said earlier, let's drop this side-track.

Thank you for your attention, now please feel free to return to your regular programming.

There's still a depressing number of comments focussing on the perceived sexism though.

People get stuck on a cause, and use every perceived slight to get on a soap box. Context matters little when people are looking for an excuse to get their hackles up.

Sexism is a very real problem in this world, and I work hard to fight it... but at the same time, you pick and choose your battles, and the regardless of her attire, or her pose, I see nothing problematic about her presentation.

Hell the only complain I have about the video, is the arm blades... I just cannot see them being an effective weapon....

Hell the only complain I have about the video, is the arm blades... I just cannot see them being an effective weapon....

Well listening to the news chatter during the trailer, it seems those arm blades were effective enough to kill 14 people and wound 400 others.

I'm syked and worried about the interview they'll have with Mike...I can almost smell the BS they'll pull out of their noses to try and stir controversy to get page hits. "Gaming journalism" at it's finest.

Well listening to the news chatter during the trailer, it seems those arm blades were effective enough to kill 14 people and wound 400 others.

I'm syked and worried about the interview they'll have with Mike...I can almost smell the BS they'll pull out of their noses to try and stir controversy to get page hits. "Gaming journalism" at it's finest.

probably just unexpecting civilians lol. she must have been at it for a good while before taken down if she took down the 400 others.

I'm really interested in how much freedom character customization will have. Good read nevertheless, even without any new additional info.

*sigh* RPS again. I fancy most of their articles but when it comes to look for sexism everywhere, they are your guys! Some time ago they felt the need to pat eachother on the back because they gave a certain Miss Sarkeesian their full support.

Still waiting on an article titled "Bullocks: The story of how one person conned people into believing youtube videos need upwards of 100k quid to finance by crying sexist wolf, and we here at RPS fully supported it. Go us!"

Regardless, the only thing to take away from this interview in my opinion is the 'we're probably gonna be able to create a female char' subtext.

I hope our fanship won't unduly influence our ability to appreciate a dissenting or contradictory perspective. Because more are coming.

RPS has become a shithole, like any of the other "major gaming journalism" sites. Look at his questions, he keeps trying to find some meaning which might stir up controversy that isn't there. Projection, at its basest. If all you see is a scantily clad woman on the street, the problem is with you, not the makers of the trailers.

"Why that woman?"
"Why not that woman"

That was so nicely told.

And the other part where he implies this is a horrible thing because it happens to a female character. Don't even bother looking at the comment section, it's a cesspool.

Top Bottom