New kegs in store!

+

rrc

Forum veteran
Seriously defending this blatant ripoff? Yeah its a way, a way to once again screw over Beta players who invested two years of their time playing and grinding the game and rightfully earned all the stuff they have.

1. CDPR decides to steal all our powder and convert it to scraps at full release,
2. then they remove ability to use the scraps to craft premiums after they asured us that won't be the case,
3. and now they are trying to screw us over from our scrap reserves so that in the end they can reduce the value of our resources earned over years of Beta testing as much as they possibly can.

Even if you had 1 million+ scraps, 4000 for 5 random cards is a blatant ripoff no matter how you look at it.
I am not defending this, but your complaints are far fetched.

1) They didn't steal. They gave all the worth with scraps. I liked it and I greatly benefited from it. People may be having some reservation about this move, but IMHO it is justified and needed.
2) They gave plenty of time to do the conversion. I got full premium collection and 15K MP after converting every single drop of scraps to MP and now. This was necessary for the game to sustain. (Even though I hate the way they executed it. Not informing before actually making it live as they mentioned, etc. Nonetheless, the careful ones who cared the most for MP, converted it)
3) Before the above mentioned change, we were able to convert the scraps to MP roughly at the rate of 10%. 200 scraps became 20 MP when converting common bronze and 800 scraps became 80 MP for converting Epic gold. (But smart people converted the Rare bronze card which gave better conversion rate of 12.5% yielding 50 MP for 400 scraps). Now they are giving 3.5% to 5.75% of conversion rate (worst case: 3 common, and 2 rares = 110 MP to Nearly Best Case: 3 common, 1 rare and 1 legendary 230 MP for 4000 scraps). I know I know.. it is much lesser, but it is still something. MP directly relates to CDPR's income and allowing to convert it itself is something. That is the way I see it.

BTW, I didn't get to buy any of these kegs. I converted every single last drop of scraps before the economy change and currently have only 5800 scraps (after crafting most of the cards: Full collection in SK, NR, NG, and MO and many many Neutrals). So, I am not defending because I got benefited. I didn't get anything. Just saying that those who didn't do the conversion can do it now for a lesser %. But I don't see this as a rip-off. It is a way to help beta players do conversion, those who forgot to convert and have thousands and thousands of scraps.

I do not understand what is happening in this thread. I would understand, if there would have been some game, where is very hard to get resources and that difficulty to obtain them would strongly limit players collections and deck building capabilities. However what is happening here are "problems of overabundance". I think, many people are somehow playing their own mini-game inside Gwent. Something like monopoly style of game. I never thought that Gwent would be top pick game for brokers/estate agents/bookmakers/bankers.

Those special kegs have void effect on gameplay, they are only "vanity business". You will not become better player with better decks by buying them, neither you will become worse player with worse decks by not buying them. I am not going to buy them, I personally find mix of standard and premium versions to be burden for deck building comfort (I made suggestion how to improve it, but it was probably not found to be an interesting feature.) I would like to have possibility how to convert premium cards into standard ones, however I do not feel to be in any way offended by Gwent developers allowing players to get this unique way how to convert Scraps into Meteorite Powder. It is developers good will and there is no need to accept that offer, if you do not like it, it will have no negative effect on players performance unlike it would have been if there would have been special cards in those special kegs, which would be obtainable only this way.

Experiment ended quickly - bought 10 kegs yesterday, found 8 CC cards, 3 of which ended dupes I already had. None of them Epic or Legendary. Not worth it AT THE SLIGHTEST at this price.

@rrc - they did refund us with scraps and THAN changed the economy, so the scraps ended worthless, on top of a smaller number of cards introduced etc. etc.

@Charles5pencer you maybe cannot understand cause you were not around, but I don't feel like repeating myself or repeating people here in this topic for the core of the situation, that came straight from CDPR and their shenanigans with the milling and the refunding and the change of the in game economy.

I understand the negative reaction to this - I am also a long time beta player - but let's move on. Homecoming is over. Clearly the game's economy is screwed up and they're trying to drain the excess.

I would rather enjoy a premium keg week-end like the last ones. In the end you're mostly interested in the fifth cards. This benefits every player, even the new ones and not only the people who played since beta and already have most of the cards in premium version.

Is this this month's keg reward? Will we not get a Premium Keg weekend this month? Waiting for an answer before opening my kegs. Thanks!

@4RM3D Thanks. I appreciate this decision in a way because it'll let players open kegs ASAP and acquire more cards instead of hoarding and waiting for an unspecified time in the future. This'll specially help new players. I'm off to opening my kegs now.

:smart: For laughs, funny reference at the ending of The Great Dandelion Show - Gwent Funny Moments #106 (3:55)

@Lexor Haha... There are. It's the premium kegs for scraps event we have now. I mainly care about premium keg weekends, because transmuting cards is difficult. Anyways, I opened like fifty kegs, because I was low on cards.

Top Bottom